Grant Proposal: The Graph Pakistan

Grant ID: 866947mu2

Summary:

I would love to create a official ‘The graph Pakistan’ twitter page where all the graph tweets and blogs(that i translate on medium) would be shared in our native language ‘Urdu’ , also i am an active advocate with a good contributions history and would love to do more for it !

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
This grant application is for 2 months which follow this structure

• per day 3 hours would be given in translating the blogs/tweets/graph academy courses and tweeting them on The Graph Pakistan
    -would organise 2 educational events in the universities to attract more community
  • (60d*3hr) : 180
  • 180*30(per hr) : 5400

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
N/A

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
This project will allow a big regional community to learn more about the Graph and understand it better in their own language !

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I have been contributing as an active advocate with translator role from past 4 months and already translated most of the graph website on Crowdin and many blogs in Urdu language

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been a web3 gig event organiser + also organised an educational event for a web3 project ,in our regional cities.
I have worked as a community manager in telegram of many web3 projects and currenly i am a mod in Infinite Virtual space AND Talk’n (web3 projects telegram Channels)

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
In my opinion the Graph is a strong protocol for indexing blockchain data and it would be in top tiers in coming time so i want to grow with it !!

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote (Closes on Jan 6th)

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Hello Asada! Thanks for your application.
Now I have 2 questions about this grant proposal:

1. Do you mean that you will translate all the past tweets and blog posts in funding period, or you will translate the tweets and posts are created in funding period?
  2. How are the topics about that 2 event? If you have had ideas, can you share the estimated attenders, the length of these event, and how do you think about these content will grow the community?

:pray:

3 Likes

Thanks for the response @jiimxjim.eth !

1 ) Firstly in case of tweets ,Translating all the past tweets would be pointless as they are related to the events that had already happened and it won’t be an up to date news for the new community but yes all the recent ones and the new tweets in funding period would be translated and tweeted !

For the blogs and the graph academy courses the old one would also get translated and tweeted because they are informational and up to date doesn’t matters when it comes to knowing about the project

2 ) Secondly it’s obvious that gathering a true community by tweets and other stuff ,isn’t the most powerful approach . To attract people and develop their interest with better understandings in the project there must be a physical interaction with them.
The event will consist of attendees starting from 100 to 300 or more , about the length of event it depends whether its an educational event only that will be 2-3 hours long or an educational event with other activities that will be 5-6 hours long. These events will be at university level among the CS departments in the Universities or a more better space would be rented for that.

5 Likes

Greetings!

In general, the grant you requested falls under the work of an Advocate. Here is where you can find all the information you need on how to get reimbursed for your work - ClickUp. Also, in the case of an event, you may also be able to get compensation in the future (the main thing is to consult with members of the DAO before you hold the event).

Thank you!

The main thing is that there isn’t any graph official twitter of Pakistan and i really want to create and manage one !
Organising events comes after that , it isn’t the thing to focus on :pray:

3 Likes

In general, what you are requesting funds for is already the work of an advocate and does not need to apply for a grant. My message was to show you that you can do it as it is without a grant. Your work will then be reviewed by other DAO members and if you did a good job and did your work properly, you will be reimbursed for your hours of work.

But about the Twitter account, I’m not quite sure, as its creation I think needs to be discussed with the DAO. Perhaps you can help me with that? @Lorena @Colson @juliannaMLN @Mr.1776 @pdiomede

4 Likes

Any updates regarding my grant request ?

1 Like

All details about the next steps were sent to you in an email.

1 Like

In general, I very much support your initiative, but it would need some changes if it is supposed to be a successful and ongoing grant :slightly_smiling_face:

Less focus on translation, and more on the creation of the local community: hosting events, meet-ups, collaborating with other local communities, being active in the Forum, being involved in the Urdu language channel (which will be opened in January), and maybe even look for general crypto channels in Urdu, and start talking to people there about The Graph, promote there your Twitter channel, etc.

I would suggest 10h/week of translation for start - 60 days is 8,5 weeks, 10 hours a week = 85 hours of translation altogether for two months, and I would suggest having like 2 days for example when you focus on translation after you recognize needs from the community. The rest of the available time should be dedicated to building the community in the way described above, or in any other way chosen by you.

Because there is a difference between translating what you think it’s useful versus translating for the community - it is really about first recognizing and answering the needs and then filling out the gap by the translation.

I would also compare your proposal to the other local communities and maybe reach out to them and ask about how did they start, and what did they focus on. For example, @TheGraphgermany is supporting many different initiatives, like for example GRTDataHub, GraphtronautsDataHub, and is active on many other platforms than Twitter: Telegram, Instagram, Reddit, Youtube.

4 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on December 28 at 22:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

1 Like

As per mentioned in the slides the grant amount is reduced from 5400 (USD) to 2550 (USD) according to the planned hours reduction.

3 Likes

Slides:

3 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

5 Likes

Twitter : https://twitter.com/thegraph_pk?s=21&t=CJlQ5nK_GPTHVquH_n1trQ

Instagram : https://instagram.com/graphprotocol_pk?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Build the Graph regional community in Pakistan
  • Deliverables

• Record the articles/posts which have been translated and shared.
    • Grow the Twitter account and give the analytics from Twitter Analytics as proof.
      • Followers
      • Impressions
    • Organize 2 educational events in the universities to attract more community
      • Record the events through texts, photos, videos, etc.
      • Share the materials used in events.
  • Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 2,550 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 41,803.28 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule

• Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x1DaF340c10B24C8f6F986DA8AAB011B094E79C19

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

5 Likes

@admin @jiimxjim.eth @doxe01.eth @juliannaMLN @Colson @Mr.1776

Voting still going - DAOhaus

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

4 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes