Grant Proposal: The Graph Kenyan Community: Built and Managed by Artemisia Projekt

Grant ID: 8685tbbrp

Summary:

As a web3 community builder, at Artemisia we envision democratized access to global finance, particularly for marginalised and underserved communities by leveraging the power of blockchain technology. Our primary objective, when we founded is to accelerate adoption of Web3 technologies (and its offshoots) in emerging and frontier markets. Our actionable strategy is to develop engaged communities through in-real-life & online community building and management.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Accelerate adoption of web3 in underserved markets.

How far along are you?:
The project has been live for six months now.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I strongly believe that the community is an instrumental cog in the wheel of web3 mass adoption. Web3 needs Africa, and vice versa. Being in the web3 industry for four years, it was evident that what was lacking most in the African web3 ecosystem is engaged and vibrant communities.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
N/A

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Unique Value Proposition: Our initiative stands out in several key ways:
1.) Localized Expertise: Kenya boasts a vibrant and growing tech ecosystem, making it an ideal hub for nurturing a local Graph developers’ community. Our team has deep-rooted connections within the Kenyan tech scene, ensuring that we can tap into this talent pool effectively.
2.) Inclusive and Educational: We are committed to inclusivity and education. We will provide resources, workshops, and mentorship programs tailored to both novice and experienced developers. This approach will foster a diverse, knowledgeable, and empowered community.
3.) Ecosystem Synergy: Our project will create synergies with existing web3 projects and communities in Kenya. By collaborating with other blockchain projects and developer communities, we aim to strengthen the overall web3 ecosystem in the region.
4.) Sustainability: We have a long-term vision, aiming not just to kick-start the community but also to ensure its sustainability. We plan to develop partnerships with local institutions, universities, and businesses to ensure ongoing support and engagement.
5.) Vision: Our vision is multifaceted and centered on the positive impact on The Graph and web3 as a whole:
6.) Increased Adoption of The Graph: By establishing a strong Graph developers’ community in Kenya, we will promote the adoption of The Graph’s technology in real-world applications. This will diversify The Graph’s user base and increase demand for its services.
7.) Innovation and Solutions: With a local talent pool actively engaged in developing on The Graph, we anticipate the creation of innovative solutions that address unique challenges in Kenya and other emerging markets. This will broaden the use cases for The Graph’s services.
8.) Educational Hub: Kenya has a growing interest in blockchain and web3 technologies. Our project will serve as a knowledge hub, nurturing a new generation of web3 developers and contributing to the overall growth of the web3 space.
9.) Global Network Expansion: As part of The Graph Foundation’s global network, we will facilitate connections between the Kenyan community and the broader web3 ecosystem. This cross-pollination of ideas and talent will benefit all parties involved.
In conclusion, our project’s unique value proposition, rooted in local expertise, inclusivity, and sustainability, aligns closely with The Graph Foundation’s mission to foster a strong and diverse global community. We envision this project as a catalyst for growth, innovation, and collaboration within the web3 space, ultimately benefiting The Graph, the Kenyan tech community, and the broader web3 ecosystem.

How will you measure success?:

1. Community Growth:
    Membership Size: Track the number of community members over time. A growing community indicates increased interest and engagement.
  2. Engagement Metrics:
    Active Participation: Measure the level of active participation within the community through metrics like forum or social media interactions, attendance at events, and contributions to open-source projects.
  3. Education and Skill Development:
    Workshop Attendance: Monitor the attendance and feedback from educational workshops and courses. High participation and positive feedback suggest successful knowledge dissemination.
  4. Project Contributions:
    Number of Projects: Count the number of projects developed by community members using The Graph’s technology. More projects indicate a thriving ecosystem.
  5. Diversity and Inclusivity:
    Diversity Metrics: Keep track of the diversity within the community, including gender, age, and backgrounds, to ensure an inclusive environment.
  6. Partnerships and Collaborations:
    Partnership Agreements: Measure the number of partnerships established with local institutions, businesses, or other web3 projects. Successful partnerships can lead to resources and support for the community.
  7. Feedback and Surveys:
    Community Surveys: Conduct periodic surveys to gather feedback on community satisfaction, needs, and areas for improvement.
  8. Local Impact:
    Local Projects: Assess the impact of community projects on the local ecosystem, such as the development of solutions to address specific challenges in Kenya.
  9. Global Connections:
    Connections to Global Web3 Ecosystem: Track the number of connections and collaborations between the Kenyan community and the broader global web3 ecosystem.
  10. Sustainability:
    Longevity: Monitor the community’s sustainability over time, ensuring that it continues to thrive beyond the initial project phase.
  11. Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
    Creation of Learning Resources: Measure the production of educational content, tutorials, and documentation created by the community.
  12. Events and Meetups:
    Event Participation: Evaluate the success of events and meetups in terms of attendance and participant engagement.
  13. Economic Impact:
    Economic Contribution: Assess the economic impact of the community, such as job creation, entrepreneurial ventures, and increased economic activity related to web3 technologies.
  14. Adoption of The Graph:
    Usage Metrics: Track the adoption of The Graph’s technology in local and global projects resulting from the community’s efforts.
  15. Community Governance:
    Establishment of Governance: If applicable, measure the successful establishment of community governance structures and decision-making processes.
  16. Community Testimonials: Collect testimonials and success stories from community members to showcase the project’s impact on individuals and organizations.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
1.) In 2 week’s time: Organizing, promoting and executing a developers’workshop for developers in Nairobi looking to build solutions on the Arweave protocol.
2.) In 6-week’s time: Organizing, marketing and executing a general community meetup for ardent Arweave users, developers and enthusiasts in the coastal city of Mombasa.
3.) IIn 6-month’s time: Organizing and executing a 2-day web3 fair for web3 enthusiasts, companies and developers in Kenya.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
We are requesting for funding on a continuos basis (over 12 months.) We plan to organize, promote and execute monthly developer workshops for developers looking to utilize The Graph’s technology.

The monthly grant amount requested is: $450.
This amount will go towards renting the venues for the workshops, preparing merchandise and materials to gift attending developers, and provide light refreshments and snacks to the developers in attendance.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Leveraging my expertise and passion for Web3, I’ve made significant contributions to two major Web3 protocols: Arweave and the Helium Network. I also serve as the unofficial Helium Foundation local representative in Kenya.
Prior Experience & Key Achievements:

1. Helium Network & Community Building:
    • Building Web 3, Internet of Things (particularly, LoRaWAN), and Blockchain solutions for a globally decentralized peer-to-peer Internet of things.
    • Helped to build the Helium Network infrastructure in Kenya in preparation for permissionless use by various IoT devices as a substitute to the expensive and highly restrictive traditional telecommunication industries’ cellular networks.
    • As the Helium Foundation’s local representative, I actively participated in building a vibrant community in Kenya, going from no presence in Kenya to now a thriving community of hundreds of IoT and Web 3 enthusiasts. Growing this community was only possible through a combination of organizing and managing online and in-person meet-up events for the Helium community in Kenya.

As the unofficial Helium Foundation local representative in Kenya, I’ve been instrumental in establishing and nurturing a thriving Helium community in the region.
Successfully transformed a virtually non-existent Helium community into a dynamic and engaged ecosystem of miners, developers, and enthusiasts.
Organized and hosted community meetup events, educational workshops, and networking sessions to foster relationships and knowledge-sharing within the Helium Network community.
2. Arweave Protocol Community Development:
Played a pivotal role in expanding the Arweave community in Kenya by cultivating a strong developer ecosystem.
Organized and facilitated developer workshops and hackathons, inspiring local developers to build decentralized applications (dApps) on the Arweave platform.
Collaborated closely with the Arweave core team to align community initiatives with project goals.
Established Arweave as a recognized and respected technology within the Kenyan tech community.
3. Founder of the Artemisia Projekt:
My passion for web3 led me to creating an outfit for, primarily, accelerating the adoption of Web 3 in underserved markets through community building and management.
Led a multidisciplinary team in devising innovative strategies to bridge the accessibility gap and raise awareness about the potential of Web3 in emerging economies.
Collaborated with local and international partners to drive impactful projects aimed at empowering individuals and communities through decentralized technology.
At Artemisia Projekt, our key focus is on working with projects that align with our core principle of democratizing access to global and borderless finance to unbanked and under-banked communities. By leveraging the power of Blockchain technology, we aim to leapfrog emerging and frontier markets into a future of borderless finance.

Skills and Expertise:
Community Development: Proficient in building and managing engaged Web3 communities.
Event Organization: Experienced in organizing community meetups, workshops, and hackathons.
Blockchain and Web3 Development: Deep understanding of blockchain technology, decentralized networks, and emerging Web3 trends.
Advocacy: Strong advocate for Web3 mass adoption in underserved markets.
Leadership: Proven ability to lead initiatives and collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
Mission: I am on a mission to democratize access to Web3 technologies and empower individuals in underserved markets to harness the benefits of decentralization. By building strong and inclusive communities and fostering collaboration, I aim to accelerate the adoption of Web3 solutions worldwide.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
My motivations for contributing to The Graph and web3 are many. Below are some of the main reasons why I am deeply interested in contributing:
1.) Innovation and Technological Advancement: Web3 technologies, including The Graph’s decentralized indexing and querying capabilities, represent the forefront of innovation. I am drawn to the opportunity to work on cutting-edge solutions that have the potential to revolutionize industries and reshape the digital landscape.
2.) Decentralization and Trust: The Graph embodies the principles of decentralization and trustlessness, which I believe are fundamental to creating a fairer and more secure digital world. By contributing to web3, I aim to be part of the movement towards reducing reliance on centralized intermediaries and fostering a more transparent and secure digital infrastructure.
3.) Empowering Individuals: Web3 technologies empower individuals by giving them greater control over their data, assets, and digital interactions. I am motivated by the idea of contributing to tools and platforms that promote individual sovereignty and privacy, which aligns with my philosophical inclinations.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Thank you for your grant proposal submission
It covers in great detail what you intend to achieve and answers most questions that I have.
Can you share previous contributions for Helium or Arweave in the Kenyan tech eco system you have made that are similar to what you are proposing to do with the Graph community?
Thank you

1 Like

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your proposal, glad to have you in our community. So the proposal described pretty well, but i still have some questions and points, that i want to clarify. Let’s start. I have divided them in 3 topics:

About grant in general

• How will you foster a sustainable community beyond the initial project phase?
  • How will you encourage collaboration between the Kenyan community and the broader global web3 ecosystem?

Budget

• How will you spend the requested funding?
  • How will you ensure that the funding is used efficiently and effectively?

Goals and achievements

• What are the key milestones that you plan to achieve in the coming weeks and months?
  • How will you measure the progress of the project towards its goals?

And in general I’d like to see more links and any other confirming information.

Thank you! And good luck!

1 Like

It’s great to see your enthusiasm and the detailed information you’ve provided about your project and contributions to the web3 community. To ensure the grant review process goes smoothly, here are some critical questions that grant reviewers might consider:

1. Project Impact: Can you provide more specific details on how your proposed developer workshops and meetups will directly benefit subgraph developers and indexers within The Graph ecosystem? What measurable outcomes are you aiming for?

2. Budget Transparency: Can you break down the $450 monthly grant amount further to provide a clearer picture of how the funds will be allocated for venue rental, materials, refreshments, etc.? Are there any other expenses you anticipate?

3. Long-term Viability: Beyond the 6-month and 12-month milestones you’ve mentioned, what are your plans for the sustainability and growth of the community you’re building? How do you envision continuing to support it beyond the initial grant period?

4. Community Engagement:How do you plan to engage the local community and ensure active participation in your events and workshops? Do you have a strategy for reaching out to potential attendees and participants?

5. Measuring Success:Can you elaborate on the specific metrics and tools you’ll use to track the success of your community-building efforts? How will you collect feedback and measure the impact of your events?

6. Partnerships: Could you provide more information about your approach to establishing partnerships and collaborations, both locally and globally, and how these partnerships will benefit The Graph community?

7. Documentation and Knowledge Sharing: How do you plan to document and share the knowledge and insights gained from your workshops and events? Will there be publicly accessible resources or reports?

8. Web3 Experience: While you’ve highlighted your contributions to the Helium Network and the Arweave Protocol, can you provide specific examples or case studies of successful projects or initiatives you’ve been involved in within the web3 space?

9. Community Governance:You mentioned measuring the successful establishment of community governance structures. Can you elaborate on what these governance structures might entail and how they’ll be implemented?

10. Mission Alignment.How does your project align with The Graph’s mission and goals within the web3 ecosystem? What unique value do you believe you can bring to The Graph community?

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for taking time to read through the proposal and to respond to your question:
i.) For the Helium Network, I participated in building the underlying, decentralized network of nodes in Kenya. Being the first individual to own and operate the Helium geteways in Kenya, I was tasked with developing a community; moving from a non-existent community to now a vibrant one, still working and deploying gateways to expand the network. Technically, the community is not a developers’ community rather Helium enthusiasts working together. Now we have an engaged community of Helium users on Discord.
ii.) Just started working with the Arweave Protocol a couple of months ago and so far we’ve organized a general community meet-up for Arweavers in Nairobi. The next upcoming event (coming up 3 days from now) is exclusively a dev event for exploring the applications of Arweave in data storage; particularly for devs and more tech savvy users. The event also gives attendees the opportunity to come up with ideas to build apps on the Arweave protocol. Working in collaboration with other community developers in various countries in Africa, now we have a Telegram community of about 200 new Arweavers from Africa.

Greetings @doxe01.eth
i) To foster a sustainable community, I intend to periodically organize virtual office hours and Twitter spaces for devs interested to utilize and build on The Graph. Also, subject to approval from the DAO voters and the grants committee, I was thinking of organizing, bounties and hackathons for interested devs.
ii.) The Kenyan dev community is awash with untapped talent due to lack of opportunities. Organizing such events gives them motivation, experiential learning and exposure to the broader global web3 ecosystem. I am sure there are many web3 companies that could use the devs’ skills. I like to view this project as a way to give these devs visibility and create a marriage between the companies and the talent. For each project/protocol I work with, I am keen on identifying any opportunities that could benefit deserving and skilled devs that actively participate in our hackathons, office hours, and workshops.

Budget
Expenditure: we’ll use the funds to pay for venue rental fees, The Graph-branded merchandise and gifts to the attendees and light snacks/refreshments for the attendees. We hope to organize monthly workshops of 10-15 devs; so I project that $450 should be sufficient for those expenses.

• To ensure that the funding is used efficiently and effectively, I’ll keep record of the expenses and receipts.

Goals and achievements; I don’t understand if the goals and achievements should be specific to The Graph; so I’ll respond generally:
i.) Planning and hosting Arweave dev workshop
ii.) Planning, promoting and hosting Arweave general meetup in Mombasa, Kenya for Arweave enthusiasts in the Coastal region of Kenya.

• To measure the progress of the project; I outlined a couple of KPIs in the proposal but I’ll recap them here with brevity:
  1. Tracking number of engaged devs added to the community
  2. Measuring level of active participation from the newly added devs and Graphtronauts
    3.New project contributions from the newly added community members
    4.Adopting of The Graph in the newly established dev community.

Here are a few links for the events we’ve organized:
Arweave meetup in Nairobi: https://x.com/BravoOyaro/status/1685368140836790272?s=20
https://x.com/onlyarweave/status/1687203447735779329?s=20
Helium meetup in Nairobi: https://x.com/BravoOyaro/status/1674799262129954816?s=20
Arweave dev workshop: https://arweavehub.com/#/events/developer-workshop-kenya
Arweave general meetup in Mombasa: https://arweavehub.com/#/events/mombasa-arweave-meetup

@Regie Here’s my best attempt at responding to your questions as conclusively as I can; thanks for the great questions.

The Dev workshops provides subgraph devs and indexers with practical knowledge and hands-on experience. Some more specific benefits from the workshops include skill enhancement, and familiarity with The Graph’s tech. Some measurable outcomes we’ll aim for include: increase in sub-graph submissions from local devs and increase in indexer participation.

Budget Transparency:
Venue rental fees: $150
Swags/The Graph-branded merch: $100
Refreshments: $100
Event promo (using Twitter web3 influencers): $50
Misc./ organizer’s stipend: $50

Long-term Viability:
I responded to a similar question from @doxe01.eth so kindly allow me to re-share my response from their question.
To foster a sustainable community, I intend to periodically organize virtual office hours and Twitter spaces for devs interested to utilize and build on The Graph. Also, subject to approval from the DAO voters and the grants committee, I was thinking of organizing, bounties and hackathons for interested devs.

Community Engagement:
Here is my actionable strategy for community engagement:
i.) I’m looking to form partnerships with local tech organizations and blockchain communities to tap into existing networks.
ii.) I’ll utilize social media, local tech forums, and web3-focused channels to promote the workshops.

Measuring Success:
Here are a few KPI metrics I’ll use:
i.) Tracking the number of new community members over time: a growing community signals increased interest.
ii.) Measuring the level of active participation from the community members through metrics like forum/ social media interactions, event attendance & contributions to projects.
iii.) Partnerships and collaborations forged with local tech organizations or other web3 projects.
(I have delved deeper into these metrics in the proposal: I’ll be glad to respond to any further questions about this.)

Partnerships
I’m looking to leverage the untapped talent in local innovation hubs; as aforementioned, there is a lot of untapped talent in the Kenyan tech ecosystem and initiatives such as these workshops offer a great opportunity for devs in Kenya to showcase their skills and talent and hopefully gain visibility to more tech companies and projects that could use their skills.
I am also looking to forge mutually beneficial partnerships with local blockchain projects and tech companies; this may involve co-hosting events, resource sharing and offering support to each other’s initiatives.

Globally: Leveraging our connections in the global web3 space to create partnerships that bring external expertise and opportunities to our local community. This may include potential partnerships with other Graph dev communities globally.

Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
Yes, the resources and reports will be publicly available.
For a start, we will primarily focus on sharing insights on Twitter, Medium and via YouTube videos. Our website will be up in a few months time, and when it’s live, it will be our principal medium for sharing resources and reports.
In case of open-source projects developed in our sessions, we will document everything on GitHub.

Web3 Experience:
This is a brief recap of web3 projects I’ve been fortunate enough to work on:

Community Governance:
On a second look, I think this point isn’t pertinent to this project and the grant proposal. Kindly disregard it.

Mission Alignment.
The Graph’s mission is to provide decentralized indexing and querying services for blockchain data, empowering devs to build efficient and scalable dapps. I can think of a few ways this project aligns with this mission:
i.) Empowering devs with The Graph community by providing educational resources and organizing workshops is in alignment with The Graph’s goal of enabling devs to harness the full potential of The Graph technology.
ii.) Building an engaged community in Kenya contributes to The Graph’s goal of fostering a global network of devs.
iii.) In line with The Graph’s objective of expanding its ecosystem and user base, The Artemisia Projekt reduces barrier to entry and enhances dev skills hence increasing The Graph’s adoption.

I really hope I managed to respond to your questions conclusively, but if you have any follow-up questions I’d be more than happy to respond to them. Besides, thanks for reading through my TL:DR proposal.

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on October 10th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Hi @bossbravo.
If it’s possible, please provide the file using in presentation or the latest breakdown of your requested funding, as we won’t pay for influencers.

Thanks for your presentation!

1 Like

Hi @jiimxjim.eth
Absolutely; here’s the file with an edited breakdown of the requested funding.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

1 Like

Hey @jiimxjim.eth Is there a way to possibly edit the title for this proposal? On a second look it seems like it doesn’t fully capture what the grant proposal is about; it is rather lacking.

Do you mean to replace “Artemisia Projekt” with “The Graph Kenyan Community: Built and Managed by Artemisia Projekt” in the title?
I think I can do this.

1 Like

Yes please; the latter title would be more apt

1 Like

HI @bossbravo

Thanks for applying Grant for the Community, And it’s a perfect proposal to foster the community buidling, but I still have some questions after checked all your details

1: How you attract people or Dev to join the Ecosystem? They are all Web3 Dev or?

2: I saw you also did this for Arweave and Helium in your local, And for Graph, do you have some detailed presentation PDF or info you want to attract Dev to join this Ecosystem in the Workshop?

Hope can get the answer, Thank you for your time

2 Likes

Hello @JonathanZy thanks for the questions.

1. In the course of my community building exercises, I have managed to develop relationships with a couple of tech communities in Kenya. I’ll therefore leverage these relationships I’ve built with the communities to tap into the talents in the communities. A majority of the devs we are looking to reach are web3 devs and a few web2 devs looking to transition to and/or learn about web3 development.

2. I think I may have not understood this question clearly but if you intended to ask about the exact material that will be covered in the workshops, then I’d I think the best response would be: I have a rough idea of what will be covered in the course of the project, this however needs refinement and I was planning to do so in case we were lucky enough to be accepted for the grant.

I hope I managed to answer your questions but if you may still need further clarification, I’d be happy to do so.

Hello @bossbravo ,
I support events like workshops or hackathons about using and developing subgraph.
Could you please shorten the first funding period? (from 12 months to 3/6 months)
Because I can’t see the detailed organization about your workshops and others.
The grant of workshop/bootcamp before was provided more detailed information of the material and agenda.
That makes us evaluate the KPI and funding more efficiently.

Hello @jiimxjim.eth it’s okay; we could shorten the first funding period to 6 months to make it easy for the committee to track the KPIs. In case the committee then sees fit to continue with the project we could then proceed with the rest of the program. So, I am totally okay with this.

1 Like

Hello @JonathanZy here’s the tentative program outline, if that is what you intended to ask about in your second question. The program is subject to further refinement, though;
Session 1: Introduction to Web3

Introducing participants to Web3 (and its offshoots); what is Web3? Why do we need Web3?

Session 2: Introduction to Smart Contract Development and Solidity

Session 2: Fundamentals of Smart Contract Development

Introduction to Smart Contracts

Session 3: Introduction to The Graph Protocol

What is The Graph Protocol?

What is its significance in Web3?

Session 4: The Basics of Solidity Programming

Introduction to Solidity Programming

Create and deploy new smart contracts; the smart contracts will manage user actions and validate inputs.

Session 5: Staging and Debugging

Test and debug the smart contracts in a staging environment to ensure that they are functional and error-free.

Session 6: Interface Design and development

Designing and developing a user-friendly interface for completion of each of our pre-determined missions in the mission trail. The trail will be easy to use and understand for both novice and seasoned users.

Session 7: Intermediate Solidity and More Advanced Concepts in Using The Graph such as (Utilizing The Graph in querying blockchain data)

Session 8: Security and Vulnerability Testing

Conducting vulnerability and security testing for the developed smart contracts to make sure they are attack-proof.

Session 9: Staging and Deployment

Staging and deployment to The Graph Protocol.

Staging is, essentially, testing in a production-like environment, while deployment entails deploying for users to access.

Deep-dive into the intricacies of Sub-graph creation etc.

Session 10 to Session 12

Ideation and working on a joint project that utilizes The Graph protocol and preferably entails creating and deploying smart contracts.

Hello,

Thanks for your application and grant presentation. My only remaining question is about the content of the course compared to who is your target audience. In this post you mention:

“A majority of the devs we are looking to reach are web3 dev”

I think that’s a great approach. But my concern is that if they are already web3 developers do they really need Sessions 1 (Intro to Smart Contracts), 2 (Intro to SC Development and Solidity), and 4 ((The Basics of Solidity Programming) in your proposed project timeline? I’m not a technical person but it seems like the vast majority of devs in web3 will already have a strong understanding of those topics and concepts.

Look forward to your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Hello @Mr.1776 thanks for this question.

You’re absolutely right that Web3 devs should have strong skills, or at least strong foundational skills in SC development and Solidity. In view of the fact that our workshops will be a mix of both web3 and web2 devs, we are also looking to cater for web2 devs who may not have the aforementioned skills. That’s why we’re looking to cover the basics. We are trying to be as inclusive as we possibly can and cater for all participants.