Grant Proposal: The Graph Kenyan Community: Built and Managed by Artemisia Projekt

Copy that, thanks for the quick response.

I think this is a very interesting project, but I’m voting no for now. I think the target audience of both web2 and web3 devs will make it difficult to be highly impactful to either group instead of focusing the courses on a specific group to help them get the most out of it.

Thank you again for providing such detailed and quick answers.

Thank you for your input and great questions.

We believe that by end of project, both web2 and web3 devs should reading from the same page.
We didn’t want to lock out a particular group for their skills or lack thereof, and as such we’ll more likely spread the impact of the project; empower web2 devs to transition to web3 with ease and help web3 devs solidify their skills.

Thanks for the well thought-out questions though.

Thank you for replying my questions.

My question is mainly for two parts actually.
1: is there some links or some meterial which can show your past experience to attract dev to join the Ecosystem.

2: Your Program outline is really good, and who will introduce this content to the attendees and is there a PPT or some meterial will use in the workshop or hackathon

Hello @JonathanZy thanks for taking your time to read through;

1. Yes, here are a few links to show my past work in the web3 space and collaborations with devs in web3
    https://medium.com/helium-foundation/announcing-the-inaugural-dewi-grant-recipients-56b44b9b9b66
    https://arweavehub.com/#/events/developer-workshop-kenya
    https://x.com/BravoOyaro/status/1674799262129954816?s=20
    Additionally, over time, I have had the opportunity to develop a relationship with tech hubs such as @Spaceyatech on twitter, which is a tech community for developers in Kenya to interact and work together.

2.) I will be handling some of the topics such as introduction to Web3, the basics of The Graph, and introduction to solidity & smart contract development while a friend who is a seasoned web3 dev will take the reins for the more advanced solidity and smart contract development concepts. The preparation of a more detailed guide for the course is heavily contingent upon the DAO’s verdict on the project; as such we’ll prepare the full course covering all the granular details if the DAO sees fit to greenlight the project. I’ll be happy to share the course material once we do so.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this to me

1 Like

No problem. Thank you for your input.

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Below you find brief feedback brought up within the committee to not recommend DAO funding that may help you to submit successful grant applications in the future:

To be more specific. I would like to start with rather inaccurate KPIs that do not show an exact picture of what the grant is trying to achieve. Also, although the team has experience in conducting workshops for the Arweave, alas the Grant Committee members are not fully confident in the knowledge and experience that will be needed to conduct a technical workshop in the future regarding The Graph.

But from the grant committee’s side, there are possible options in the future. In terms of ideas and submitting new grant proposals. Specifically conferences or hackathons. Because in such a way it is possible to achieve more valuable results and also to have partnerships to organize them together.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes

Thank you to @doxe01.eth and the entire committee for taking your time to review the grant and engage with me. I truly appreciate everyone’s input and questions. Maybe I’ll have better luck next time.

3 Likes