Grant Proposal: The Arabic Graph

Grant ID: 8685jc8tf

Summary:

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The Arabic Graph aims to become the ultimate resource for Arabic-speaking users interested in The Graph. Despite its growing popularity, there is currently a lack of comprehensive educational materials and user support in the Arabic language. The Arabic Graph will bridge this gap by offering tailored content ( YouTube and Twitter) and resources to make The Graph more accessible and understood to Arabic-speaking users, and create an engaging and interested community.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
Planning phase

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I hosted a space with Paolo Diomede and Ahmed Abdelmalek on my Twitter last week and had a chat afterward with Paolo. I always wanted to do something more for The Graph, and he suggested I apply for a grant.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
There are great Arabic members in The Graph community and a not-very-small community. But there is still no high-quality educational video content to explain how The Graph actually works, not in Arabic.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
I believe more people will be able to understand The graph and its huge impact on Web3 and Blockchain. I believe I can onboard more delegators and contributors to the whole ecosystem

How will you measure success?:
Number of views, Growth of Telegram channel, Number of engagement and impressions of any shared content on Twitter

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Without the grant, I will still be a very loyal and happy advocate member, but since I work in a team, we will need resources to deliver the best quality videos and content.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Indexers, Curators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
2000$ - 2 YouTube videos, including editing and production
500$ - Research and Script
300$ - Twitter Thread
400$ - The Graph Quiz - Ongoing competition through the whole 4 weeks, where

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Conflux 4500$ as a group

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been in the Web3 space for 3 years. Started learning and got very interested in the technology behind it. I worked with a group for 2 years on the marketing and business development side. I also produced a lot of written content back then.
After building a lot of relationships in the space, and after learning a lot about Web3, I decided to build my own thing. I built a Twitter account and started a YouTube channel that grew very fast because of the unique content I was and still sharing.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Because I believe that projects like The Graph are crucial for the success of Web3. Infrastructure projects are very important and understanding them and how they work will help you to understand the Blockchain as a whole.
I believe Blockchain gives opportunities and chances and will be life-changing in the next years and decades. And I want to be part of it, and I want Blockchain to change my life more than it did already.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

Thanks for the proposal and for taking the time to submit the grant. After reviewing your submission, I have a few questions that I would like to clarify with you:

1/ The work you have submitted is almost 99% related to the Content Creator role and for what you could be reimbursed if your work is accepted. You chose to apply for the grant, what was your motivation in doing so?

2/ Budget. Regarding the video, I wouldn’t say it costs that much to create 2 YouTube videos. That’s why I wanted to hear a counter-argument to such an amount.

Continuing on the topic of budget, you can ask other advocates for help on creating the quiz and other tools. I support your initiative and think that your efforts are worth the money, but don’t you think that the money you have asked for your work is quite excessive?

The same creation of a quiz, perhaps for example with the help of Bard or ChatGPT, which would save a colossal amount of time.

3/ I would also like to see examples of your work, which you have done for other projects. You have mentioned the fact that you have already received funding.

Thank you!

Hello dear @doxe01.eth
Sorry for the late reply. I just received the notification!

Thank you for taking the time and for reviewing my proposal.

It has always been my plan to create high-quality educational content about The Graph and indexing protocols as a grant or any other way. After hosting a space with @pdiomede about The Graph we had a meeting and spoke about The Graph and how I can be part of the growth of the community, Paolo and I saw that the best way to move forward with this was the grant application.

Regarding the pricing, I agree that it doesn’t need 2000$ to produce 2 videos, but the videos will be edited (with the production we’re doing, it would take hours) and cut into small videos that will be shared as Shorts on YouTube, and on X/Twitter. The amount of work we put to make each video on the channel is pretty big. We would be open to do shorter videos (8-10 mins rather than 10-12 mins) if the committee finds it better.

Regarding the quiz, I honestly would not trust Chatgbt or Brad to create questions. I tried this before and the questions were very basic and had a lot of false information. I would absolutely be open to translate questions and answers provided by you guys instead of creating new ones.

Regarding my previous deliverables, please check the links provided in this page under my name “Walid” , you’ll find all the material I’ve already delivered.

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on September 26th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Greetings @walid1991!

After a deeper look at the budget, I would recommend you to remove the prizes for quiz, at DAO we aim not to give out GRT tokens as we cannot validate the authenticity of the participants who will participate.

Optionally, you could offer as a reward either swag or POAP for example. Anything that you think will be more useful and will have a more rewarding effect.

We are also open to your suggestions and ideas.

Thank you!

Hello dear @doxe01.eth

First of all, thank you for your efforts and time, especially on a Saturday!! :smiley:
I think offering a graph merchandise would be a great idea!

How about we remove the quiz part and I still do the quiz and reward 100$ anyways? Would it be possible to offer 10 The Graph merchandise pieces to 10 winners? t-shirts, hats, cups, whatever you think is possible. I was also thinking about rewarding one of the top scorers by allowing them to cohost a space about the graph, after assuring they have the knowledge needed to participate.

Would you guys also be open to reward some of the most active members (In the Arabic Graph) by maybe giving them a chance to work with you, as a moderator for the Arabic community for example? Just sharing some thoughts.

Anyways I am very happy to hear that you guys are moving forward and trying to optimize the proposal and I am happy to help if needed.

Best regards,
Walid

Yes, these are purely my thoughts that I would like to share. You can change this $400, reduce or increase, for example, to create the same merch, we can easily provide all the designs and other materials that are needed for printing.

About moderating the group, each group is unofficial, so you yourself have the right to choose moderators who will watch over the community.

Ok, I will take a look at costs and share some more input to that
Thanks for the great idea

1 Like

Hey @doxe01.eth
At the cost of 92 USD, we can have 3 mugs and 2 t-shirts!
What do you think?

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for this application.
The merch that you select is great,
Other option to get more people involved is rewards winners with some swag and distribute poaps for attendees. And every one or two months made a raffle with the each session poaps. You can use https://poap.fun/ for that.

Hey Lorena!
Thank you for the suggestions! sounds like a great idea

regarding POAPs, are you referring to NFTs or you got something else in mind?

Yeah, it’s a great option. My personal opinion (it’s in no way related to the application), I just like the black design better. Think perhaps about doing a 50/50 split. As it seems to me that white is in less demand than black. Or maybe I just don’t like white stuff, lol.

Also, about POAP. This is NFTs, which are quite easy to make and then distribute to many users to their wallets. They can either get them by code or by link, it’s up to you how you want to distribute them. If you need help with the design, we have people who do that, and I think other advocates can help you with that. Because for them, it’s a contribution, and for you, it’s designs for POAP’s.

1 Like

@walid1991 yes, poap NFT for attendees and then, raffle in poap to distribute swag. We can help you with poap as @doxe01.eth mentioned

I also prefer black :smiley: makes me look less chubby :smiley:
It is also easy to deliver and order, so we can make it customised and ask what color and size they wanna have

2 Likes

awesome!
Tell me how you guys want us to move forward, and then we can set up a meeting to discuss this further if you want!

Overall it’s pretty simple. You need to update your budget and post it here on the forum. Then we look at the voting, if the members of the grant committee are in favour of the proposal, then I think we can already look for advocates who can help you to create POAP’s. And then we go step by step, if we talk about the grant in general.

1 Like

Walid content is great.
Best wishes to you.

The MENA region truly requires more such initiatives and enlightenment!

1 Like

I am happy to hear that mate, thanks for your support

Sorry for taking so long, I was on vacation. I can’t edit the forum shall I update it in a comment or how do you suggest I do that?
Thanks mate

You can just post the new budget with a new message on the forum and that’s it.