Grant Proposal: IqraCrypto

Grant ID: 868603dt5

Summary:

We are committed to:

Demystifying the complexities associated with blockchain technology and its applications.
Breaking down language barriers that limit the engagement of the MENA region with global technological advancements.
Empowering our users by providing them with the knowledge needed to participate actively and confidently in the blockchain ecosystem.
Fostering a knowledgeable community that can contribute to the growth of blockchain applications in the region.

Our content ranges from basic blockchain and cryptocurrency principles to more advanced topics, including smart contracts, DeFi, NFTs, and different blockchain protocols.

Existing collaborations with EthSwarm, Stacks, Celo, Dfinity, and UD.

I have taken into consideration that we need to start small especially during these times!

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
IqraCrypto is the first educational platform focused on providing blockchain and cryptocurrency knowledge to the underserved MENA region. Our primary aim is to create a series of educational resources, delivered through online courses in Arabic, to make blockchain technology more accessible and comprehensible for the Arabic-speaking community.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
IqraCrypto has successfully beta-launched and is actively running, providing educational courses on blockchain technology. We have developed and published a series of blockchain and cryptocurrency courses in Arabic, reaching hundreds of users to date.

We started to do 2 live courses per week and we are getting an audience of 20 to 70!

We also did an offline event recently!

We have an established online platform, active social media channels, and a dedicated team that continuously works on producing high-quality educational content. However, there’s a lot more we aim to achieve, particularly expanding our course offerings to include more blockchain protocols and advanced topics, while growing our user base across the MENA region. This grant will expedite our progress towards these goals.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:

The inspiration behind IqraCrypto stems from recognizing the gap in quality blockchain education in Arabic. With over 480 million Arabic speakers worldwide, and a growing interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies, we identified an untapped market that desperately needed our service.

Our team has strong domain expertise in both blockchain and education, with years of experience in developing and delivering high-quality educational content. We’ve been observing the crypto ecosystem for years and noticed the scarcity of resources in Arabic. The strong reception and positive feedback to our current courses have further validated the need for what we’re offering.

Furthermore, with rising internet penetration and smartphone usage in the MENA region, coupled with a younger demographic interested in new technologies, we’re confident in the demand for our platform and the critical role it can play in accelerating blockchain adoption in the region.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
Educational Gap in the MENA Region: The MENA region lacks accessible educational resources in Arabic on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Many people in the region are interested in these topics but struggle to find quality information in their native language.

Economic and Technological Shifts: The region is experiencing significant economic and technological shifts. Governments are investing in digitization and blockchain projects, and more individuals are looking to invest in cryptocurrencies. There’s a growing need for educational resources to support these changes.

Personal Passion and Expertise: I have a background in blockchain technology and a passion for education. I have previously created educational content in Arabic, and I see an opportunity to bridge the gap between blockchain technology and the Arabic-speaking community.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Content Quality: The educational content I plan to create will be of high quality, catering specifically to the Arabic-speaking audience. It will be up-to-date and tailored to their needs.

Arabic Focus: While there are educational resources in English, there’s a scarcity of quality content in Arabic. This project is unique in its focus on serving the Arabic-speaking audience.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our vision for IqraCrypto aligns directly with the inclusive ethos of Web3 and The Graph’s commitment to decentralization and accessibility. By creating high-quality educational content about blockchain and The Graph specifically in Arabic, we aim to empower a significant yet underserved demographic of nearly half a billion Arabic speakers globally.

Our impact will extend beyond just The Graph, contributing to a more diverse, vibrant, and equitable web3 ecosystem. By providing resources in Arabic, we help ensure that the shift to a decentralized web doesn’t leave behind non-English speaking communities, fostering true global inclusion.

How will you measure success?:
Number of views, Growth of Telegram channel, Attendance and questions

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
With or without, I have already mentioned Graph to my students and would love to give them more details. With extra resources we can create a more dedicated content.

I will be mentioning and teaching people about Graph as agreed!

Milestone 1: Live Arabic Course Section

Objective: Create a 5-8 minute section in the live Arabic course to explain The Graph and its importance in web3 technology.
Tasks: Develop content, slide, and script, rehearse, and coordinate with the webinar organizer.

Milestone 2: 7 YouTube Shorts in Arabic

Objective: Produce 7 short YouTube videos about The Graph and web3 tech.
Tasks: Develop content, create videos, optimize for YouTube SEO, and promote on social media.

Milestone 3: Blog Post and Social Media

Objective: Write an Arabic blog post on The Graph in web3 and promote it with engaging social media posts.
These milestones ensure effective Arabic education about The Graph and web3 technology.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
$700: Prepare a course section about Graph for the live arabic course (5-8mins) to be presented on a live webinar
$500: 7 professional youtube shorts in Arabic
$300: Blog Post about Graph in Arabic and Social Media posts

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Dfinity
Celo
EthSwarm
Stacks
UD
Ideaology

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Zied Chaabane
Founder CEO
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ziedchaabane/
A bitcoin advocate since 2017, Zied has over 5+ years in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Holder of EMBA in project management and a bachelor’s degree in finance, Zied built a career in Web3 and was the COO of a project listed on KuCoin, Gate and MXC. He is also the founder of the first arabic crypto elearning platform in the MENA Region.

Khaled Alkalbani
Advisor
https://www.linkedin.com/in/khaled-alkalbani/

Wael Ben Said
SMM Manager
https://www.linkedin.com/in/wael-ben-said-99b1854a/
Course Editor and Graphic Designer
Wael worked in Saudi Arabia most of his life

Ahmed Khoj
Instructor
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ahmedkhoj
Saudi Arabia
MIS graduate with experience in education management and customer experience. University Instructor in Makkah

Nooman
Part Time Developer

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The MENA region is poised for significant growth in the web3 space. However, a lack of accessible educational resources in Arabic hinders this growth. I’m passionate about bridging this gap, making complex web3 technologies understandable and accessible to my community.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Greetings!

I see that you have applied to the program in the past, can you tell me more about what has been done since the last submission?

I am also quite surprised by the changes that have been made, but I wanted to clarify a few things about your proposal.

About the video, where do you plan to upload it to some sort of YouTube channel? Or on a social media platform, also can you be more specific about what you plan on covering?

Regarding the 7 YouTube Shorts, same as for the video above. Are you planning to create a YouTube channel? Which will be focused on The Graph Arabic?

What are your expectations in terms of that? What are your goals for example of views and numbers of people?

Thank you! And good luck!

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your application and all of the detailed information. In addition to @doxe01.eth 's questions, I’m interested in the following:

• Can you provide the specific topics and curriculum you’d be covering in this content?
  • On your website you have 3 courses listed (photo below). Two are free and one has to be purchased. Would the Graph content be free to consume?
  • Also in the photo below, it looks like there has been very minimal participation in these courses (0, 11, and 4 for each course respectively). Can you detail how you would generate more interest and participation in this course if the grant was funded?

Thanks again for applying, looking forward to your responses.

Thank you for your interest in IqraCrypto. I’m happy to answer your questions.

Not easy building during bear markets but since my last submission, I’ve made the following progress:

• Started a training program where I am teaching 2 times a week (this is where I will be sharing the course)
  • Started new shorts series mainly on youtube
  • Partnered with some university associations
  • Deployed 1 more course related to Dfinity
  • Had 2 offline training sessions
  • Hired one more technical instructor to develop technical courses

I’ve also made some changes to my proposal based on feedback from the community. Here are some clarifications:

Video:
Regarding the video it will be a section on a course and not a full course this is why there is a difference. I plan to upload the video to the IqraCrypto YouTube channel and platform. I’ll also share it on social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. The video will cover the following topics:

• What is The Graph?
  • How does The Graph work?
  • Why is The Graph important for web3?

YouTube Shorts:

I also plan to upload the 7 YouTube Shorts to the IqraCrypto YouTube channel. Each short will focus on a specific aspect of The Graph or web3 technology. For example, one short might cover how to use The Graph. Another short might cover graph tokenomics, where to buy graph and more.

Expectations:

I expect the video and YouTube Shorts to reach a wide audience of Arabic-speaking users interested in blockchain and web3 technology. My specific goals are to:

• Main Video around 1200-1500 views add to that the number of people who will be attending the main course.
  • Tweets reaching 7,000 impressions
  • Shorts around 2,000-5,000 each (Tiktok + Youtube)

I’m excited about the potential of IqraCrypto to make a significant impact on the Web3 ecosystem. By providing educational resources in Arabic, IqraCrypto can help to empower the Arabic-speaking community and promote blockchain adoption in the MENA region.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

1 Like

I am a really strong believer in Graph and I really like to cooperate with you.

• Can you provide the specific topics and curriculum you’d be covering in this content?
    I hope I have provided the necessary, please let me know if you want me to be more specific.

• On your website you have 3 courses listed (photo below). Two are free and one has to be purchased. Would the Graph content be free to consume?
    Yes Graph content will be totally free to consume and use.

• Also in the photo below, it looks like there has been very minimal participation in these courses (0, 11, and 4 for each course respectively). Can you detail how you would generate more interest and participation in this course if the grant was funded?

Please note that the LMS doesnt count the youtube views of the courses. The number 4 was shown because the course was paid then we changed it for free.
We didnt receive a lot of traction for the paid course yet as it is bear market. I plan to promote the Graph content on social media. My specific goals for the Graph content are to increase awareness of The Graph in the MENA region.

Regarding traction:
This is our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@IqraCrypto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvmAxY38mMk - 2200 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AniPyJ3VbDs - 1020 views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_90DNgYF0c& - 1722 views

Please note as we are an Education platform we are allowed to promote content across all Social Media.

IqraCrypto stands at the forefront of blockchain education in the MENA Region, bridging the knowledge gap and fostering a new era of financial innovation within this vibrant and dynamic market.

IqraCrypto stands at the forefront of blockchain education in the MENA Region, bridging the knowledge gap and fostering a new era of financial innovation within this vibrant and dynamic market.

I really would appreciate the chance of starting small and building this long term partnership.

Thanks for giving this proposal here, you have a good team after checked all your linkedin profile. I have several questions for you.

1: I saw some of the content on your website is not free for users, is The Graph courses will be totally free?

2: in this proposal, you will Prepare a course, 7 professional youtube shorts and Blog Post, is there more detailed information of this content? Like script, course outline or some PDF of it?

3: And I watched all you youtube shorts, how to make sure gather good views for Graph shorts on youtube.

I appreciate changing the scope of your proposal in comparison to the previous application. I remember that the first proposal covered various blockchain topics, targeting the entire MENA region for a larger grant with the promise of significant expansion, but also it had more educational character (an entire course on the platform was planned to be created targeting technical audience) and I supported the application.

This time you are proposing to create (among others) YT shorts, which can be perceived as more promotional rather than educational focus. The topics you’ve chosen for your curriculum actually confirm that. They seem repetitive, there’s already substantial content available on these subjects: What is The Graph/How does The Graph work/Why is The Graph important for web3.

I would support this if you would propose to address the gap in already created content.

Thank you Jonathan!

1: The Graph courses provided in collaboration with IqraCrypto will be entirely free for users. Our commitment to accessibility and educational reach drives this decision, ensuring no barriers for users looking to enhance their understanding of The Graph.

2: Absolutely, the course content, YouTube shorts, and blog post are meticulously planned. We’ve developed a plan for the content that we have shared in the past proposal. These materials are specifically structured to provide in-depth coverage and deliver high-quality, informative content on The Graph for learners.

3: To ensure good visibility and reach for our Graph shorts on YouTube, we’re implementing an effective promotional strategy. This strategy encompasses leveraging SEO best practices, appropriate video tagging, and engaging thumbnail designs.

Thank you julianna! On behalf of IqraCrypto team, we really appreciate your support.

I understand your concerns about the focus on YouTube Shorts in my proposal. I agree that there is already substantial content available on the topics of what The Graph is, how it works, and why it is important for web3.

I would like to propose to address the gap in already created content by cutting parts of the course and doing it as shorts, I am ready to deliver more shorts to gain more awareness.

I am ready to edit the section on milestones, as I believe that it is more important to focus on delivering high-quality content.

Thanks for respond, It’s great to hear the content and course will be free to users.

For ourse content, is there a detailed information or syllabus here, like PDF?

For good visibility and go-to-market strategy, also has details?

It doesn’t solve the problem, it will be still promotional content rather than educational.

Greetings! @IqraCrypto

You can check your email as the grant committee has sent you a message, so you can schedule a presentation.

Thank you!

Hello,

Kindly find below the detailed scope of work:

Thank you julianna for your support!
I am ready to switch it more into educational but I saw that most proposals that got accepted are promotional this is why I adapted it a bit.

Thank you I just booked the meeting for next week.

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 28th at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

2 Likes

Thank you!
We are looking forward.

Hello guys!
See you tomorrow

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

2 Likes

Thank you team!
We are glad to be working with you.