Grant Proposal: IqraCrypto

Hello Team,
We have submitted the KYC documents, could you please update us ?
We are excited to start working with you.
Regards,

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Equip Arabic-speaking audiences with a deep understanding of The Graph within the blockchain ecosystem, enhancing accessibility and fostering a knowledgeable community in the MENA region.
  • Deliverables
    • Produce a series of seven YouTube shorts in Arabic, focusing on key aspects of The Graph, including its role, operations, and impact in Web3.
    • Compose an educational blogpost and promote it in social media.
    • Create a course that will cover different topics regarding The Graph and the Advocates Program in the Arabic language.
    • Providing all details regarding metrics, statistics and any other statistical information.
    • At least 3 or more applications to the Advocates Program will come from the education and/or from any other created content.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 1500 USD
  • Disbursement Schedule:
    • Initial Funding: 30%
    • Upon Completion: 70%
  • Term Length:
    • Start Date: March 2024
    • End Date: June 2024
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0xeBdD873aa318DC1292f47E81292ECc62db5dF159

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon the successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain and that the GRT (30-day average) rate will be considered at the point of initiating a proposal, whether for the provision of initial funding or the culmination of the final payment.

The funding proposal can be found here: DAOhaus

2 Likes

Dear Team,

Thank you for allocating the grant.
We finished the course and tried to put all the necessary details.
We started production but we need slightly more time, if it is okay of course.

Thank you

Dear Team,

As we are taking all the necessary steps, I would like to bring to your attention that in the https://www.graphadvocates.com/ become an advocate is not working: ClickUp Forms

Thank you for informing us! The Advocates Program is currently not accepting applications until further notice.

Thank you Juliana for your reply, but could you please tell me how we can do this ?

• At least 3 or more applications to the Advocates Program will come from the education and/or from any other created content.

Where should we drive our users mainly ?

Dear All,
We are going to start delivery I can later add a comment, on the actions they need to take.

Hello @IqraCrypto team!

Apologies for the late reply!

Right now the DAO is not accepting applications to the Advocates program. The way it will be possible to become the Graph Advocate in the future will be shared with you after the announcement of the Advocates Program 2.0. so let’s stay connected!

Dear All,

@juliannaMLN Thank you for your reply, we needed that to avoid doing duplicate work.

I am glad to inform you that we have completed full delivery for the milestones.

Kindly find below the Google Doc with all the deliverables link:

Dear All,

I was wondering if you had time to look at the deliverables.

Regards,

Dear All,

Could you please update us ?

Regards,

Dear IqraCrypto Team,

After a thorough evaluation of the deliverables, we would like to share our feedback.

Grant Scope:
The primary objective of the grant was to provide the Arabic-speaking community with an in-depth understanding of The Graph protocol within the broader blockchain ecosystem. Our feedback on each deliverable is as follows:

Deliverables Review:

1. YouTube Shorts in Arabic:
    The objective was to create seven YouTube shorts that highlighted key aspects of The Graph, including its role, operations, and impact on Web3. While we appreciate the effort, it would be helpful to provide further details regarding the scope and reach of these shorts, such as metrics on audience engagement or viewership, which have yet to be included.

2. Educational Blogpost:
    While the blog post fulfils the content requirement, it appears to be largely a reproduction of information already available on The Graph’s website, with minimal added value or unique insights. Additionally, the Arabic translation contains errors, which could affect its credibility and accessibility for the intended audience.

3. Course on The Graph and Advocates Program:
    The course content was reviewed, and while it provides a basic introduction, it lacks technical depth on The Graph protocol itself. For instance, there is no mention of key functionalities such as querying, which is essential to understanding the protocol. Moreover, the course leans heavily on financial topics (e.g., GRT token, investment rounds, tokenomics), which could mislead the audience about The Graph’s broader technical and community aspects. The course’s brief mention of the Advocates Program (about 45 seconds) is insufficient, and we also noted concerns about the course being labelled “Airdrop” which misaligns with The Graph’s values and community stance.

4. Statistical Information:
    As per the grant requirements, you were expected to provide detailed metrics and statistics. However, no statistical data regarding reach, engagement, or other key performance indicators was provided for us to assess the impact of your content.

5. Applications to the Advocates Program:
    We understand that this deliverable was contingent on circumstances beyond your control. Therefore, we do not consider this point in the assessment.

Conclusion:
Unfortunately, the work produced under this grant does not fully align with our expectations in terms of depth, accuracy, and impact. As a result, we regret to inform you that we are unable to proceed with final funding at this time.

We appreciate your efforts and your interest in contributing to the education of The Graph’s Arabic-speaking community. We encourage you to address the feedback and continue developing your work for future opportunities.

Best regards,

Grants Committee
AdvocatesDAO

1 Like

Dear Julianna,

I am not sure if I should be happy or no regarding the answer.
Thank you for your detailed feedback on our deliverables for The Graph protocol education project. We acknowledge your concerns and are committed to addressing them.

1. YouTube Shorts Metrics: We will provide detailed engagement and viewership metrics shortly to demonstrate the reach and impact effectively.

2. Blogpost Quality: We revised the Arabic article again to ensure higher quality and uniqueness in the content presented, but it presented no issues for us. Could you tell what arabic country you are using as a basis ?

3. Course Content Emphasis: The sections on tokenomics and financial aspects are concise, under seven minutes total, and are designed to provide a holistic view of The Graph protocol. We ensure that the course maintains a balanced focus on both technical and community aspects. The in-depth explanation on how it works is and tool exploring is way longer. I am not sure where this information is coming from.

4. Course Labeling: The course was never labelled as Airdrop as this will harm our community and our reputation. We have no intentions in making such.

We have continuously sought guidance to align our efforts closely with The Graph’s expectations and are keen to make any additional adjustments needed. We have dedicated resources to this project and are eager to finalize it to your satisfaction. Would it be acceptable to submit our detailed report within the next week to facilitate the release of the remaining grant funds?