Grant Proposal: Deutsch Chatbot & Chatbot Español

Grant ID: 2zcc5v5

Summary:

To educate newcomers and enhance the onboarding of the German and Spanish communities, the GRTDataHub Chatbot provides the most up to date documentation, text and video tutorials in seconds of receiving the question from a user; with translated documents and tutorials and have not previously been available or easily accessible to these communities. This instant support in whatever role they would like to take part in The Graph ecosystem will ensure new GRT holders from these communities can contribute promptly and with accurate and current information / tutorials on how to do so. Not everyone learns the same way, some cannot easily interpret instruction or guides through reading text alone. I have made an active effort to ensure that video tutorials are also included within the chatbot response where possible. So that all users can get the most out of this tool. To anyone who read the grant for the English chatbot, this may be quite similar.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
http://www.GRTDataHub.com/GERchatbot

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
German (Deutsch) Chatbot - $2,000.

Spanish (Español) Chatbot - $2,000.

-Labour and Continous Improvements.

-Chatbots to be kept up to date at all times, any new GRT news / features will added within a 24-48 hour period (target) with documentation and tutorials if applicable.

Total - $4,000.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
The Graph AdvocatesDAO - $2,000

English GRTDataHub ChatBot

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
As I hope many of the community now know what the chatbot is, I will give a short explanation and provide a link to the German chatbot that is currently in Phase 2 BETA testing. Once this is finished I will continuous improve it as per the current English chatbot, and I will start building the Spanish chatbot. The target date for this is 18th October 2022.

www.GRTDataHub.com/GERchatBot

The German chatbot answers any questions that the user may have about The Graph. If the user asks in either German or English it will respond in German. I know that many of the community members can write English well, sometimes broken English but it is good enough for the chatbot. It also provides them with links to the relevant documentation along with text and video tutorials so that you can seek further information if they wish. The current documentation via the links is in English but this is being translated to German and a new link being provided, this will be linked to a page within the app.

At the time of submitting this grant the German chatbot has been built and is in Phase 2 BETA, being tested by multiple German community members and updated to keep the most up to date with new GRT news and projects. This will ensure the chatbot question set can grow to a competent level where it can answer any question that the user has in regard to The Graph and respond with an informative, educational and correct answer. I will start building the chatbot asap after finishing the German chatbot.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I have built the GRTDataHub and English ChatBot, this app provides the community with the on-chain data anlaytics for The Graph network and allows the community to view it in easy to interpret bar chart and line graph formats. The chatbot provices the GRT community with new and relevant documentation along with text and video tutorials. This aids the onboarding on new GRT holders and new comminity members. The chatbot allows the user to ask questions regarding the graph and Web3 and in return can provide answers. This could be, how to delegate thier GRT with various wallet or across various apps to learning how they can contrubute to the ecosytem by learning a role and providing the course links and content to do so.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I still see myself as an approachable developer and community member between multiple communities. I make the effort to speak to community leads and app developers to enhance the onboarding of their members and integrate new tooling into the app.

I still spend between 1-2 hours daily reading through telegram and discord, often interacting with the GRT communities, multiple nationalities and across a multitude of groups; sharing content, and data analytics. I endeavour to create a positive attitude towards The Graph project and portray the data analytics as a continuously progressive and growing ecosystem.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I have had the honour and upmost privilege of being the first ever Grantee to be accepted by the AdvocatedDAO. I have not yet again applied for The Graph advocacy but I do carry out multiple roles within the scheme and have done prior to the launch of The Graph Advocates. I am always supporting of worthy projects and members within the community that are striving for excellence. For example I tend to cover a lot of the following aspects, community care, technical teacher and Web3 welcomer. I do this because I enjoy helping the community to grow, and providing education to those who want to learn; this is something that I always keep in the forefront of my mind when designing the chatbot. I believe in my own skill more now than I did just 6 months ago, and that personal growth is down to the community support and grants via The Graph and the AdvocatesDAO.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote (Closes on Nov 10th)

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Hi.
Thanks for the application. It is very interesting to have the chatbot in different languages.

Could you explain who will be in charge of the Deutsch and Spanish translation?

Are you plan to work with any Advocate?

2 Likes

Hi Lorena, that is a great question! So far everyone that has BETA tested the German chatbot in phase 1 and 2 have said that the translation is really good and they have had no issues. However I would love to have advocate input from the translators.

I have had a few members of the German community beta test and come up with improvements. I have been asked to provide more documentation translations which I am currently working through. Hence the slight delay to the completion of the German chatbot.

I have been talking to Jorgelina from the Spanish community and she has agree to help with the translation testing of the chatbot. She has already tested the chatbot page and made a couple of improvements.

I have asked within the Discord General chat a few times but there has been minimum response.

When I release the chatbot for Phase 1 beta testing it would be great to have more advocates on board ready to test.

I know that a website is being built with advocates and their roles, this is something that I would build myself however due to data protection this info was unable to be handed over. Once it is live within the AdvocatesDAO website I will implement that data within the chatbot also.

In summary, I would love for translator advocates from the German and Spanish communities to collaborate and help improve the overall standard of the translations.

6 Likes

Thank for the answer.
There is a great opportunity for Advocates to collaborate with grantees.

3 Likes

Hi!
Thank you for the amazing work you have done with the bot already. I’m strongly in support of this proposal as your bot is adding a huge value to the community.

4 Likes

Thanks Ahmad! I will ensure to add all future Graph Social events there for the community to find. Along with embedding anymore interviews. The ones that you released from the previous event were great!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes I appreciate adding the info to the bot.

1 Like

Great proposal! I’m curious how you intend to create the video tutorials? Will you be demonstrating on screen procedures with captured screen footage? And with subtitles?
Or will it be more like a slideshow with images and translated text on screen. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great question. I probably could have been clearer in my grant submission but I am glad you asked. This is the most time consuming part of the translating process.

For the links within the chatbot that (within the English chatbot) re-direct the user to an English blog or website, I will be creating pages within the app where it will re-direct them to with the blog translated. It will state at the top of the page where the blog is originally from and who wrote it with the links to them. I want to make it clear that I won’t be stealing these blogs and making out they are mine. I have always said, give credit where credit is due. So I will make an active effort to ensure the user knows exactly where the documentation and tutorials have come from.

This ties into your question, the last part of this will indeed be the video tutorials. I am very fortune in a sense that I can ask the user to select subtitles for their language for the short term, but this isn’t what I would want as the user; so that isn’t what my users will be getting. I am currently exploring various avenues to dub a voice over the top of these, but as always; I will be contacting the tutorial creators prior to making these public.

My apologies for the essay but I hope this answers your question. Feel free to ask if you need further clarity.

4 Likes

Hi GRTCrypto,

love the work you have been doing on the chat bot and the datahub as a whole. It’s been great seeing it evolve as time goes on, so congratulations.

As new documentation is released, this may not be available in German and Spanish. Do you plan on updating all 3 chatbots each time? This would ensure the communities are kept in the loop even though the news may only be in English.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi CM, it’s great to see you here within the forums with another great question. Thanks for the kind words. As you can appreciate with every additional chatbot it makes the updating process longer. Updating 3 chatbots is 3 times as long as updating 1 in my own language. There is additional challenges that comes with that. But I will be updating all of them each time, I’m hoping in the future this may be more than 3.

I am constantly trawling and keeping my eye out for new documentation, tutorials and news. I add these to a To-Do list and set myself a time and date deadline. I try to update it within 24-48 of a release. I have surprised a few members of the community with this as I ask their permission to include it with the chatbots before I push it to the live app.

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you for your offer! I am interested to know the following points:

What are the following communities you aim to support? In terms of language, updates and so on?

Do you plan to hire or teach, for example, people how to work with this bot or create on its basis? After all, you indicated that 3 bots is 3 times more time, so at some stage, I think you will not be able to support all languages.

Thank you!

Hi, as it stands I have a telegram chat with community admins from Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Persia, Bangladesh, Spain, Brazil, Africa and Indonesia. Having spoken to these admins I have had positive feedback with regards to how the chatbots will help onboard new delegators and educate new GRT holders within their respective communities. As the German and Spanish communities seem the most active, and their admins were the first ones agree it would benefit them, these at the chatbots that I have built first.

As I still view myself as an “amateur coder” who does this for a hobby and the love of the ecosystem. I wouldn’t say I am in a position right now with a full time job and family to onboard other programmers to work with and/or for the GRTDataHub. But this is definitely something that I will be looking into in the future as it has progressed a lot since it’s launch.

Thank you for you question and also highlight the need for potential assistance in the future. The upkeep of the app itself is not excessive due to the dynamic design of the bar charts and line graphs that I made. Although it is time consuming building each chatbot from scratch, once they are up to date, the subsequent updates I should be able to do myself. If this no longer becomes the case in the future then I would love the support and to work alongside others!

2 Likes

Cool! You have a very cool initiative and I wish you the best of luck with it! I would also like to see support for the Ukrainian and Russian languages in the future.

1 Like

If you can provide a telegram link for these communities I will happily add them to the chatbot and contact the group admins. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, thank you all for the support once again for the Spanish and German chatbot! The German will be ready and release this weekend! I will then continue to build the Spanish. I have been in talks with advocates and members from the communities to test the Spanish chatbot just like the German. Not only this but members from the French community have asked for a bot and will happily test along with Russian / Ukrainian community! This project keeps on going hopefully! Once again, thank you for all the support and I look forward to speaking in the near future. How do I go about progressing this to the next stage for the community presentation?

5 Likes

Thank you for all the work you done and great results. This is a very useful tool for the ecosystem!

This proposal has my full support!

3 Likes

Thanks Montero! I appreciate the support, I have had a few people message me privately since the release of the German chatbot. Once again, I am overwhelmed by the support from all communities I work with.

4 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Chatbots in German (Deutsch) and Spanish (Espanol) to be kept up to date at all times, any new GRT news / features will added within a 24-48 hour period (target) with documentation and tutorials if applicable…
  • Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 4000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 45,977.01 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule 100% IN ONE PAYMENT

• Receiving ETH Address: <0x0B89DafB9cE7E519008eE51B0C764e0c9AC5e857>

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

3 Likes