Grant Proposal: Alphaday

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

4 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Build a Graph community dashboard that aggregates Graph news, on-chain data, social media, dev resources, and much more into one customizable UI.
  • Deliverables

• Build the dashboard of the Graph on Alphaday and special widgets for the Graph.
    • Get feedback from the community and improve the dashboard.
    • Provide indications of the dashboard (MAU and more).
    • Maintain the dashboard for 12 months. AdvocatesDAO will review it each quarter.
  • Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 5,500 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 90,163.93 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule (2,500 USD for development)

• Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Term Length (3,000 USD for maintenance in total, each 25% will be paid on each quarter ended)

• Start Date: TBD
    • End Date: TBD
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x48e239Fa0B364Cd92Fc750A50045c9f9E04DD781

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the ā€œConversion Rateā€) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

Thank you! We actually started building the board two weeks ago and will have it ready within the next ten days. Weā€™ll share a non-public version of the board here for feedback and you can let us know of any amedments and improvement suggestions for the board.

We had a quick question; once we build and make the dashboard live is there any chance the Graph or Graph Advocates/Grants twitter accounts could tweet out about the board to help us build awareness about it?

Thanks again for the opportunity to build this!

1 Like

Excellent! We canā€™t speak for The Graph but Iā€™m sure we can tweet out something from the Graph AdvocatesDAO account. Canā€™t wait to see the Graph board!

Hello everyone, team member here working on theGraph dashboard, our blog widget is currently using your medium blog posts but we have noticed that this one (The Graph Blog) is way more active and we would like to know if you could share an rss source for it.

Hi Paris,

Yeah thatā€™s The Graphā€™s official blog so I would certainly be in favor of having it on the dashboard.

Could both blogs be added to the feed? If not, The Graph Blog would be my choice. Just curious if there can be additional ones (i.e. AdvocatesDAO blog, Graphtronauts blog, etc.).

Thanks!

We can add all these blogs but it makes our lives much easier if we can get the RSS feeds for these so we can automate the blog post collection process. We couldnā€™t find the RSS feed for the Graphā€™s official blog, do you guys have it by any chance? The RSS feeds for AdvocatesDAO and Graphtronauts blog would also be much appreciated! If the RSS doesnā€™t exist, @Paris can you add these blog posts manually please? Thanks!

Alsoā€¦ apart from the blog feed, the Graph board is pretty much ready! Iā€™m sharing you the link to the private environment below (once we publish it the url will be app.alphaday.com/b/thegraph or something similiar of your choosing)

https://app.alphaday.com/b/e1c9785fbfe56fb50ec9c9670df52970

Let us know if youā€™d like to change the layout (ie. the positioning of the widgets) and youā€™d like us to add/remove/amend any of the data coming onto the dashboard.

3 Likes

Hey @Deniz-Alphaday ,

Iā€™ve reached out to a member of The Graph Foundation to see if we can supply you with The Graph Blog RSS feed. As soon as I get an answer Iā€™ll relay it back to you here.

@pdiomede do you know if the Graphtronauts blog has an RSS feed?

By the way, I checked out the dashboard and I love it! This will definitely be a tab that constantly stays open in my browser :raised_hands:

One request, for the calendar widget, would it be possible to integrate all of The Graphā€™s events (Indexer Office Hours, Quarterly Participant Updates, Community Talks, etc.)?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello again @Deniz-Alphaday

I received word from The Graph Foundation that there is not currently an RSS feed for The Graph blog, but it sounds like they are working on getting one set up and will share it with the DAO once itā€™s live.

Once we have it, Iā€™ll post it here for you :raised_hands:

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out.

3 Likes

Thanks, weā€™ve added blog posts manually for now and happy to keep doing so untill we get the RSS feed.

In the meantime, if thereā€™s no other amendments required are we ok to proceed and make the board public? We can change the private url to app.alphaday.com/b/thegraph

Hey @Deniz-Alphaday ,

Just a heads up that I get a 404 error when I click the link you shared.

It looks good to me in the private dashboard.
Do you have any tools for tracking the heat map? (e.g., hotjar)
If some other widgets are more popular than the price chart, we can consider replacing the position with them after tracking in the future.

I also get error 404.

1 Like

Yep we use hotjar for heatmaps and we can use this to see which widgets are the most popular once users start interacting with the board.

By the way, i shared a link to the private board but the bot has hidden it thinking its spam:(

Here is link: Alphaday - Customizable Crypto Data, Research & News Dashboards

1 Like

Hi everyone, if there are no further amendmends needed to the board weā€™d like to go ahead and publish it (the url will be app dot alphaday dot com /b/thegraph).

Once its public weā€™ll tweet about if from our alphaday twitter account and weā€™d really appreciate if any the Graph social media accounts could tweet about it as well.

2 Likes

I think weā€™re good to move forward with publishing :raised_hands:

The Graph AdvocatesDAO can definitely retweet your post and we can ask The Graph main account if theyā€™re able to as well.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Been a while since we released the dashboard, we havenā€™t kept in touch. I will be actively handling the marketing and comms part now.
The dashboard is still live here: Alphaday - Customizable Crypto Data, Research & News Dashboards
We are building and will be adding many new widgets and features soon.
We are starting with a Dapp that everyone is familiar with, and we will inform you here once it is available and ask you if youā€™d like it added to your dashboard.

Apart from maintaining and improving the functionality of The Graph dashboard, weā€™d like to Tweet and Retweet the board to our communities.

I also have a question regarding the grant payment, as there has been no update on it? How does the process work?