Grant ID: 37wxg5b
Alphaday builds crypto experience dashboards for enthusiasts, developers, and projects. Users can drag and drop from hundreds of services, news and social feeds, charts, and dapp functionality to create their daily workflows inside a single dashboard. This eliminates the need to have multiple browser tabs open to get different bits of information. i.e. imagine having token prices, gas prices, twitter feed, latest news headlines, TVL, borrowing rates and any other information any user could possibly want all within one single dashboard.
Are you applying as a team or individual?:
What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Please select the category your project best fits into:
Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
How much funding are you looking for? (USD):
Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
2,500 USDC upfront costs for development including integrating the discussion forums, blog post, social feed, jobs listing, TVL and other on-chain metrics.
250 USDC per month for 12 months for maintenance including having an Alphaday content analyst quality-checking the dashboard every day and ensuring the Calendar widget is up-to-date with latest The Graph events, all news mentions across the internet are captured by the dashboard, any updates not automatically captured by the Alphaday aggregator engine is manually added to the board, and other maintenance tasks.
Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We have received pre-seed money from Anthony Sassano, Mariano Conti, Signum, IOSG and a few other Ethereum-focused angel investors.
What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We’d like to build a Graph community dashboard on Alphaday that aggregates Graph news, on-chain data, social media, dev resources and much more into one customizable UI. The desired outcome is to enhance community engagement, awareness, as well as experience that revolves around The Graph.
- The latest The Graph official announcements and blog post content
- A feed of all news mentions of The Graph from coindesk, cointelegraph and 20+ other news sources aggregated from across the internet
- A calendar containing all The Graph events including Governance and DAO votes, meetups, hackathons with bounties, AMAs. Includes past events (Graph Day 22, Graph Hack 22).
- Podcast feed containing the latest appearances and interviews given by The Graph team members. Includes GRTiQ podcast feed.
- Youtube stream containing educational The Graph content. Includes ‘Indexer Office Hours’ and ‘Core Dev call’ videos.
- A widget dedicated to Educational tools for users looking to participate in activities offered by The Graph. This includes descriptions for each link that makes it easier for users to find what they are looking for.
- The Graph Docs directory.
- Integration with The Graph Governance and DAO Forums to show the latest and trending discussion topics.
- Discord, Reddit, Telegram, & Twitter Integration to show a feed of latest discussions.
- FAQ, Technical Paper, GRT token information.
- The Graph careers integration to show the latest open jobs listed on The Graph.
- Dev Resources widget that includes The Graph Academy (Subgraph developer course), LearnWeb3, freeCodeCamp, Bug Bounties, as well as other useful links.
- The Graph metrics including Overview, Indexing and other metrics pulled in from Dune Analytics.
Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’ve been involved in the Ethereum space since early 2016 and joined Kyber Network in 2017 as Head of Ecosystem Growth. [insert section about how I used the project we are applying for, ie for Aave see this example:] I was an early user of ETHLend and worked on the ETHLend x Kyber liquidity partnership. I’ve also known Stani and Jordan for many years through our co-hosting of meetups and parties during Ethereum hackathons and conferences (ie. during ETHCC ‘19) and have attended many rAaves
My co-founder Felipe has also been involved in Ethereum since 2016 and was a Developer Advocate at Pegasys and Consensys before quitting to work full time on Alphaday.
Alphaday’s third co-founder is DeFiDude who used to be a community manager at both Aave and Kyber Network before co-founding Alphaday.
Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Having all this information in one place allows The Graph’s stakeholders (ie. users, developers, investors) to easily stay up to date on The Graph’s ecosystem updates, see the latest news and developments, do research and stay engaged. In general users who can track their favourite projects more easily stay more engaged with the project which in turn supports user retention.
Basically our The Graph Alphaday dashboard will provide a single end-point from which users can consume all the information on The Graph. Specifically, The Graph Community Dashboard will aggregate all the discussions, talking points, narratives, events, metrics, official announcements and much much more into one single dashboard. With one glance at this dashboard community members would have a top-down view of what is happening across the entire The Graph ecosystem. From this view they could then jump deeper into their areas of interest (ie. devs to dev documentation, The Graph holders to twitter and reddit discussions, investors to on-chain metrics across both The Graph’s own pages and to third-party data providers)