Grant Proposal: YSchool

Grant ID: 2me64am

Summary:

YSchool is an education platform for Blockchain and Science enthusiasts. Since its inception in 2019, it has taught more than 100 K students across India. YSchool has more than 15 offline centers along with 100k users on its mobile application.YSchool has faculty with numerous years of experience which makes it the go-to platform for learning. With the amalgamation of offline and online YSchool has a mass reach.

YSchool is the product of stellar work from the team behind Edusquare which was co-founded in 2008. Edusquare has helped more than 400K students get admission to their dream engineering colleges. YSchool has the expertise of more than 15 years behind its leading team.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We have received $50,000 each from Celo and Neo.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We are looking to create an educational video series that will help anybody gain a deep understanding of Graph and support all the ecosystem participants to engage with Graph actively.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
Please refer to one of our video for Neo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZ9k09mOVFHDDxywUHgc5M3_EjQD7X2q/view?usp=sharing

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
We have already collaborated with Celo and Neo.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We wanted to provide a one-stop solution for anybody who wants to learn about Graph and its working in detail. We will help people develop a high level of understanding of Graph.

Community Poll

Do you support this grant application?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Hello!

I have a few questions regarding this grant application:

1. Is there a way for me to verify the 100k+ student number?

2. Is there a way for me to verify the 15+ offline centers?

3. Is there a way for me to verify the 100k mobile users?

4. Could you give a detailed breakdown of how the $25k would be used? $1000 for X, $1000 for Y, etc.

5. Could you give a detailed breakdown of the work you did for Celo & Neo? What was that $50k used for? $1000 for X, $1000 for Y, etc.

6. Which subject, about The Graph, would you be talking about? Has a curriculum been build?

I’m looking forward to your reply!

Please refer to the following links of our application to verify the userbase:

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saathi.edusquare&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Apple Play Store: ‎Yschool The Learning App on the App Store

I am also attaching the users’ screenshot.

Offline centres pictures

Screenshot 2022-07-26 164121
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-26 at 4.43.06 PM
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-26 at 4.43.06 PM

1. We will be using the grants funds in the following:

A. Tech infrastructure
B. In-person Meetups/Events
C. HR cost which includes:
a. Educators
b. Support team
c. Back-end team
D. Bounties
E. Miscellaneous

1. We have created the first video course for Neo and Celo. We have helped Neo in their educational initiatives for the recently concluded Polaris hackathon. These courses will help in onboarding future builders on their chains and build projects. The funds were used for the above-mentioned expenses heads only.

2. The course structure will include the following:

A. Introduction to Graph
B. How to create a subgraph
C. How to query a subgraph
D. How to join the Graph ecosystem as:
Curators
Delegators
Indexers
Subgraph Developers

Apart from the above topics, we will decide mutually with the Graph team to plan the best educational materials for all the ecosystem participants.
@Colson

Hi, @Colson I hope I have answered your questions. Please let me know if you need additional information or details regarding the proposal.

Hi @Sivia,

I would like to thank you for your detailed answers.

I have a couple of follow-up questions.

1. Could you give a detailed breakdown of how the $25k would be used? $1000 for X, $1000 for Y, etc.

2. How many videos would be included in the educational video series? What will be the reach of these videos? Who is the target audience?

3. In answer 4 you describe In-Person events. What would those look like? How many events? How many participants?

It would be great if you could showcase KPI’s e.g.:

• 100% of our students will publish a subgraph to the decentralised network.

• 50% of our students will join the Graph ecosystem as a delegator

These examples are extreme, but by thinking about such KPIs you will end up with a stronger application.

Hi @Colson , please find the answers to your questions.

1. Could you give a detailed breakdown of how the $25k would be used? $1000 for X, $1000 for Y, etc.
    Please find the detailed cost breakdown:

2. Tech infrastructure (15%)

3. Events (10%)

4. Research and Circuluum design (10%)

5. Educators (20%)

6. Content creation (25%)

7. Bounties (10%)

8. Miscellaneous (10%)

9. How many videos would be included in the educational video series? What will be the reach of these videos? Who is the target audience?
    We will have a minimum of 10 hours of content. Our reach will be minimum 50,000. The target audience is developers and crypto enthusiasts.

10. In answer 4 you describe In-Person events. What would those look like? How many events? How many participants?
    We will organize 4-5 events. We will introduce the community to the Graph and its use cases in these events. On average we will have 200-250 attendees.

KPIs:

1. 10,000 students will join the Graph course.
  2. 50,000 reach of our Graph educational campaign.

We will directly support and encourage our students to join the Graph ecosystem as Curators, Delegators, Indexers, and Subgraph Developers. We will actively share the Graph ecosystem news and updates to ensure they are actively engaged.

@Colson

Hi @admin @Colson please guide me here to the next step of the process.

Thank you @Colson and @juliannaMLN for the call. As discussed over the call please find the phase by phase activities planned:

First three months

1. Research part about the content to the curated.
  2. Finalizing the course structure and content modules.
  3. Conduct 3 webinars to introduce the audience to the Graph ecosystem
  4. Content creation of modules that needs to be created from scratch

Second Quarter

1. Launch of course
  2. Promotion of course among the entire user base.
  3. Send customized notifications to the app users for the course promotions
  4. Activation on social media handles for the partnership course promotions.
  5. Activate the alumni network for the promotions

Final Quarter

1. 4 online meetups to promote the course
  2. Townhall promoting grant infrastructure for builders on Graph.
  3. Distribution of courses to students at different colleges through our network.
  4. Promotion of Graph events and meetups through the entire user base
  5. Bi-weekly events and meetups for spreading awareness about Graph
  6. Partnerships inside the ecosystem to assist on-boarding of new users and promote their participation

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Below you find brief feedback brought up within the committee to not recommend DAO funding that may help you to submit successful grant applications in the future:

Lack of detailed cost breakdown with the amounts to be specified for every component of the plan. There was three attempts made to lay down the specific plan of the project, but all three lacked tangible milestones, ideas for creative, new content, which would not overlap with the content from the already existing resources (The Graph Academy for example).

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

2 Likes