What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Other

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Onboarding the next billion users to Blockchain. Are you going to ask them to use a desktop browser extension ? Most people dont have a desktop - especially in Asia. Their only device of accessing the internet is their mobile phone. That’s why you need a web browser build ground up for crypto (and which implements all of the browser specific EIP). The user does not need a wallet app and a browser app separately.

Wootzapp is the way that a hundred million NEW users will use the chain for the First Time. We want people to mint their first asset/NFT within 30 seconds of signing up for Wootzapp.

we are a fully opensource (GitHub - wootzapp/wootz-browser: Browser for Web3. No wallet needed. Safe & Open Source. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wootzapp.browser) mobile browser that is built for crypto. The wallet and everything else is integrated in. We have also implemented several EIP that were specific to browser integration and were waiting for Chrome to implement in.
for a new user to crypto - especially the billions of users in Asia who do NOT have a desktop computer or browser extensions - the way to use crypto is simply “use this browser, it has everything built in”.
If you visit a dapp website, our custom javascript-native bridge will popup and all the web3 functions will work automatically.

The goal of this proposal is to create a new web browser for the next billion users to interact with Web3 services such as IPFS, Filecoin, etc. You can think of this like Google Chrome built purposely to the needs of first time crypto users (and with better integration for Web3 services).
Our goal is to give the easiest possible onramp experience for the mainstream user (who is not crypto savvy) and then progressively draw him deeper over time into ZK rollups, Account Abstraction, etc.

We are looking to be the ultimate consumers of TheGraph. Sure developers can use it (and probably you have thought of it as a developer first API), but we are changing the paradigm of what a browser means in the web3 world. We want the user to traverse the web3 graph…just as easily as they traverse the web2 web today. How do you surface like transaction graph, liquidity movement, tracking wallets, liquidity, etc in a browser. That is the need of the moment…even more so after the market instability. People realise that they need more information (not less) and WootzApp+TheGraph can be the answer.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We are looking to be the ultimate consumers of TheGraph. Sure developers can use it (and probably you have thought of it as a developer first API), but we are changing the paradigm of what a browser means in the web3 world. We want the user to traverse the web3 graph…just as easily as they traverse the web2 web today. How do you surface like transaction graph, liquidity movement, tracking wallets, liquidity, etc in a browser. That is the need of the moment…even more so after the market instability. People realise that they need more information (not less) and WootzApp+TheGraph can be the answer.

Our goal is to build to 1 million users in the next 12 months and 5 million users by 2024. Those are all paying users of TheGraph with zero cost of marketing or acquisition.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Sandeep Srinivasa is a senior payments CXO with about 20 years experience in payments and startups. His last company was YCombinator and Lightspeed funded. His last company had about 3 million payment users. He is on the board of several national banking and federal regulatory boards in India. He is also named on semi-banking licenses by the banking regulator of India. He has spent a decade on payment APIs, regulations and compliance. With particular focus on onramp millions of users to payments.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandeepss
https://github.com/sandys/
https://twitter.com/sandeepssrin

For me, the inevitable merging of tradfi and defi - with regulations, CBDC, etc is an opportunity to disrupt both worlds. Not just create one.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for submitting your community grant application! After reviewing your submission, I have a few follow up questions for you. Please be as specific as possible in your responses:

• Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of how the $5000 would be spent?
  • Can you describe in detail how the Graph would be utilized and integrated with your app?
  • I see in your GitHub that currently the browser is only available on Android devices. Are there any plans to provide this on Apple devices as well?
  • Can you explain how the WootzApp would be an improvement to the existing web3-native browsers, such as Brave?

Thank you again for applying! Looking forward to your responses.

1 Like

Thank you for this application.
In addition of @Mr.1776, I see that WootzApp could be similar to GEO the decentralized browser created by The Graph.
1.- Could you explain the difference between WootzApp and GEO?
2.- Is this a tool? how does it benefit the Graph Protocol?
3.- Have you received additional grants for this project?

Looking forward to your answers.

2 Likes

Greetings! Thank you for your application!

1. I would like to talk more about safety. After all, many browsers, wallets can be hacked. What security methods do you use?

2. Have you compared your product with your competitors? What are your advantages?

3. After doing a little research, I just came across this statistic - List of countries by number of Internet users - Wikipedia. But I couldn’t find anything about the numbers you were talking about. Can you give me some examples and links?