Grant Proposal: Web3 Society Meetup

Grant ID: 8686hbtuf

Summary:

This is a physical meetup to provide hands on experience to our devs so that they successfully transition to web3
This will involve teaching them about The graph and it’s ecosystem.
We have two of the graph’s advocates on board to help with this project.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
This project by Web3 Society is helping individual Ghanaian enthusiasts to dive into the world of Web3 and its ecosystem. Most of the gathered people in the community are developers and one of the aims of the project is to introduce to them The graph and how they can become Curators,Indexers,delegators and not just developers and teach them how to create subgraphs and interact with them

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
Ideation stage

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I am a community builder and I frequently host live sessions on our telegram channel
This meetup will give them a community to work with and will educate them a lot about web3

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
People usually build a community of web3 enthusiasts but they don’t meetup and communicate as a community
That’s what we are trying to achieve.
We feel the need to connect with our people .

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
After a successful meetup,This enthusiastic group will be creating subgraphs and exploring everything there is about the graph.

How will you measure success?:
If people turn up in their numbers,

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Creating flyers and setting dates for the meetup

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Location acquisition and expenses - $300
Snacks,Food and water - $200

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
This is our first and we hope it goes well.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
In Ghana,centralized bodies don’t live up to expectation and as community builder,I see it as responsibility to share the opportunity for freedom for the common person and the graph protocol presents such a platform because its making development easier as it also keeps true to the decentralized mantra

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

From what you have indicated and the information you have provided, I would recommend you, as advocates are involved, to submit some of them a PoC form regarding the role of Event Evangelist. I’ll leave the link at the end.

Why is that? The amount you are asking for is too small, and also the proposal itself is described rather unclear. Alas, the resources that will be expended are not worth it for this to be a grant proposal, it is easier to submit a form.

Link - ClickUp

I will close this grant proposal. If you have any questions, message me in discord - doxe_0x.