Grant Proposal: Web3 Infrastructure & Solutions

Grant ID: 8685kw493

Summary:

Here you can find a little more information about our work within DT

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
A Telekom - The Graph Community Event

We are excited to announce an upcoming event at Telekom Spaces where we will delve into The Graph’s operations, foster community engagement, and facilitate knowledge exchange.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
We are in production.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
While we do have expertise in running an indexer node, the primary objective of this meetup is to nurture and strengthen the Graph community in Berlin.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Community Event hosted by Deutsche Telekom

Referral from: Telegram: Contact @ColsonGRTeacher

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We hope to increase awareness and adoption of web3.

How will you measure success?:
Attendance and Engagement: The number of attendees and their level of engagement during the event can be a clear indicator of success. This includes not only the headcount but also factors like active participation, questions asked, and interactions among attendees.

Feedback and Satisfaction: Gather feedback from participants through surveys, feedback forms, or post-event discussions. High levels of satisfaction and positive comments indicate that the event met their expectations and needs.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Community growth and engagement

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
We can cover the location. It will be hosted in one of our offices in Berlin. We would greatly appreciate if you could support with some pizza and spreading the news within the community. The final grant requirement will probably be less than what suggested above (but ofc. if you have a speaker that wants to join they might need accomodation).

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Web3 adoption

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for submitting this proposal and i really like the idea of this physical event. But i had a question, i see if your budget breakdown covers only food expenses won’t that be a good idea to organise this event as a event evangelist and later you can submit a poc for the event hours and for all the food expenses you can fill out the reimbursement sheet where you can request for food/drinks and other expenses, if any?

Will be waiting for your reply, Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello.
Thanks for your application.
I would like to know more about this proposal. Are you looking for sponsorship?
Do you have an agenda?
What is the relationship of this proposal with The Graph ecosystem? How this proposal could improve the ecosystem?
Could you have a breakdown of the budget?
Thanks

2 Likes

Greetings!

I have several questions regarding this grant proposal and i also want to hear @Colson opinion here, since you have mentioned him.

How does the project team envision the event contributing to the growth and engagement of the web3 community, particularly in Berlin?

How will the team ensure that the event is a safe and welcoming environment for all participants? Because it’s interesting to know so that people can feel good about themselves.

Could you provide information about the event’s agenda?

How does this event align with the goals of the grant program? This question will help me to understand whether the event is a good fit for the grant program and whether it is likely to achieve the desired outcomes.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

The team from Deutsche Telekom and our Graph community members at Dappcon had many hours of great conversation. We’ve noticed that the Graph community in Germany could use a little boost, so we came up with the idea of hosting a Graph community event in Germany.

As you can read in the proposal, Deutsche Telekom is kind enough to potentially host this event in one of their spaces. @TheGraphGermany and I could take care of organizing this. With the help of other German community members, we could host a series of small workshops and presentations to educate attendees about The Graph and web3.

If necessary, we can coordinate with our contact at Deutsche Telekom to set an agenda.

Overall, I think this event would be a cost-effective way to energize the German community!

Should this not qualify as a community grant, either @TheGraphGermany or I could submit an advocate contribution form to get this event off the ground.

Let me know if more information is needed.

CC: @asadus16 @Lorena @doxe01.eth

4 Likes

cool cool! I remember Andy was always wishing to organise any physical event in German community and everyone knows how passionate he really is! And you contributing with him will be a super cool thing to do :wink:
Voting in favour of this proposal!

5 Likes

Hello Sir,

Certainly, this is indeed feasible.
The grant amount provided serves as a preliminary, conservative estimate, which we included in the form.

Naturally, it is advisable to furnish a precise breakdown of expenses along with corresponding invoices following the event and provide them to the Grants Team.

2 Likes

Hello Lorena,

At Deutsche Telekom, we are committed to covering most of the expenses for this event. Specifically, we will handle the Technical Setup (beamer, chairs, internet etc.) at secure a suitable location in our Telekom Offices.

In terms of the agenda, our primary focus for this event is on education, marking it as our inaugural Graph community gathering in Berlin. Our plan is to disseminate insights into Deutsche Telekom’s role as an indexer, complemented by the participation of community speakers. Following these informative sessions, we intend to facilitate networking opportunities while savoring some delicious pizzas, which will be covered by the grant.

We are keen to have representatives from the graph team join us, and the grant would be utilized to offset their travel costs, which are expected to be the primary expenses. This gesture is our way of extending a warm welcome to the community.

As commented above. Cost breakdown can be provided after the event.

1 Like

Hello Sir,

Hosting a community event in Berlin can significantly contribute to the growth and engagement of the Web3 community by providing a platform for knowledge exchange, collaboration, and networking.

Additionally, the event can serve as a hub for startups and projects to showcase their work, attract investment, and form valuable partnerships, ultimately strengthening the Web3 ecosystem. By promoting inclusivity, artistic expression, and collaboration with like-minded organizations, this event can play a pivotal role in advancing the Web3 community’s growth and engagement in Berlin.

The event will take place in the secure Telekom offices, providing a safe and inclusive environment that welcomes everyone.

The agenda includes engaging speaker sessions, followed by a delightful pizza break and networking opportunities.

A community event can work towards achieving several important goals, including fostering knowledge sharing and education, promoting networking and collaboration, showcasing innovative projects and startups, enhancing inclusivity and diversity, and ultimately contributing to the growth and engagement of the community it serves. The event serves as a platform for attendees to learn from experts, exchange ideas, build connections, and gain inspiration, thereby advancing the collective understanding and progress within the community.

1 Like

We from The Graph Germany community support this event and welcome this step. There will be an exchange and we are ready to present ourselves on site.

5 Likes

Hey @Tobiju

Do you already have plans for documenting this event?
Like hire a photographer and/or videographer for the talks?

I’m very excited for this event and highly motivated to help out.
I have some experience in event management and am currently based in Berlin.

Cheers

2 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on October 3rd at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

4 Likes

Hi @Tobiju , thanks for applying the Grant and contribute, I have some after checked all info here:

1. How will you leverage the event at Telekom Spaces to foster community engagement and knowledge exchange within The Graph community?

2. What specific activities or sessions will be included in the event to educate and engage attendees, is there Agenda or docs will represent here?

3. How do you plan to promote and attract participants to the event, both within the existing Graph community and beyond, It’s all Web3 users or?

1 Like

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on October 10th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

2 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Hosting a community event at Telekom Spaces to explore The Graph’s operations, enhance community engagement, and facilitate knowledge exchange in the Graph and web3 space.
  • Deliverables
    • Successful organization and hosting of the community event at Telekom Spaces.
    • Facilitation of interactive sessions, workshops, or discussions during the event.
    • A post-event report summarizing attendance, engagement metrics, and key takeaways.
    • Follow-up content, such as blog posts or videos, to sustain community engagement post-event.
    • Measurable increase in community engagement metrics (e.g., social media followers, community sign-ups).
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 2000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 11353 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule:
    • Full Funding: 100%
  • Date of event: 11th of September 2023
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0xdbB4e0f2bF7DD7a2AB23F5Cb8d0a319daad31776

The agreement is retroactive as the event has been successfully completed. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like