Grant Proposal: We Are Advocates

Grant ID: 8687d0r11

Summary:

• Title: “We are Advocates” subject to changes, other alternative titles:
  1. Talking with Advocates
  2. Meet/Know the Advocates Family
  3. A Coffee with the Advocates
  4. A break with our/the Advocates

/!\ You can mention in the comments, what would you like, or propose new titles, theidea is to create an event designed/structured by the Advocates community itself, so your opinions/feedback are welcome.

• How often?: Bi-weekly
    /!\ Note: we plan to make regular announcements prior each publishing on all the major social channel to have a great outreach and receive some extra questions.

• Platform: Post the interview in our Advocate/International Forum (or) alternatives platforms such Telegraph/Medium. I prefer to post it via the official Advocate Forum or the International Forum.

• Type of event: Online

• How does this benefit the program?: We can promote the Advocates Program through real experiences shared by interviewed Advocates, attracting new candidates based on these relatable stories. I would like to have Advocates or potential Advocates to engage with the forum post and ask questions (e.g. , similar to an AMA) and we will ask our guest to kindly monitor the forum in order to reply to eventual questions. The overall idea is not only to shory a story but to be more interactive and provide some guidance. Additionally, we can host local Twitter Spaces to recognize the achievements of Advocates and showcase upcoming projects they are involved in. These Spaces can also serve as a tool to attract potential candidates. In the future, there will be “special interviews” with DAO members/coordinators too.

• Organization/process step-by-step:

1. Connect with the Advocates through a Telegram group or Discord to coordinate the event pathway.
  2. Utilize a pre-set Google Doc to collect the Q&A.
  3. Design a visually appealing banner for each interview.
  4. Post the interview on the relevant platform.
  5. Re-post the interview across various local and international channels.
  6. (external) If feasible, coordinate a special Twitter Space. For instance, I (ghostym) could host a X Space featuring all the interviewed Spanish Advocates and distribute a unique POAP during these Spaces. If other Advocates with different language skills want to manage those spaces in their native language, they are welcome.
  • What does the manager need?: A full list of contact related to the Advocates, with at least +3/5 months of tenure/or a minimun quantity of contributions

• Other information:

1. There will be some external sessions that are not linked to the Grant, but will be financed by the Advocate Contributions. This will depend on external factors such as: Approval from the interviewed Advocate, a local presenter who can handle the interview in the native language of both parties, etc…
  2. I will also need help from other Advocates who can collaborate with translations of the interviews from English to their native language. This will ensure that there is no barrier for future candidates, who will be able to obtain the information in their native language and easily understand how the program works overall.
  3. These external contributions may count towards the Advocate contributions of each person who wishes to participate in the translations and X Spaces.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The goal of this initiative is to promote the Advocates program by conducting interviews about personal experiences within the program. The aim is to enhance the profile of each Advocate and encourage future applicants.

How far along are you?:
It will be an online event

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I have already handled similar events in the Spanish and International community, such as the Know Your Indexer event, which aims to raise the profile of each Indexer and expand their community of delegators by creating ties between both parties. I have experience coordinating multiple groups to set the topic, dates, and launch of each event. I believe that these types of events can benefit the professional profile of each Advocate as well as the program itself to attract potential candidates who can contribute to the growth of this ecosystem.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
After investigating the Advocates community a bit, there are various tools or regular publications that show data about the community, however there is still no event that shows real experiences told by the members themselves, so it is very likely that there are candidates who have not taken the first step, cause they do not knowing how the selection process is, roles, teams, among other aspects that may cause them doubts. It is also intended to have the interviews in English (transcribed) together with the native translation of the Advocate who is participating, with the aim that local candidates can access to said information in their native language.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We need more contributors around the world to help drive the growth of The Graph and Web3 ecosystem. By conducting these types of interviews, we will have a greater connection to reach local communities and grow the Advocates team. People are looking for stories told in advance by people who have already gone through the process that they will go through in the future.

How will you measure success?:
Mainly in new applicants and interactions in the different posts of each social network.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
In case the grant is not approved, it is possible that I can handle those events in a way of contributions during the next 3-6 months so that could be considerer as pilot test to enhance the program.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

• Coordination process

This includes managing the list of potential Advocates who want to participate in the segment, creating internal groups to collect information, and planning the launch.

• Designs

I plan to create a banner to advertise the segment and headline the main topic at each event. Similarly, for online events (such as X Spaces), I plan to make exclusive POAPs for attendees.

• Event post and marketing

Creation of the main interview in the forum/website to be defined, as well as the circulation around the different communities of The Graph.

Here is a detailed breakdown of the hours + budget requested:

() Prepare generic questionnaire: 8 hours

() Prepare ad-hoc questions: 12 advocates x 1 hour = 12 hours

() Contact advocate, introduce the project and schedule the event: 12 advocates x 1 hour: 12 hours

() Design banner: 18 hours

() Custom banner for each advocate: 12 advocates x 1 hour: 12 hours

() Publishing and custom the interviews: 12 advocates x 1.5 hour: 18 hours

» Total hours contributed: 80

» Taking the Advocates Contribution value as a reference: $30/hour = 2400 U$D

/!\ NOTE: There will be another section, a live interview handled in X Space: we will do some spaces to highlighting some of the Advocates we interviewed so they can share their journey in the Graph Advocate Program with all the attendees. However, this depends on external factors, Advocate confirmation to participate in the live session, a local Advocate who will handle the script and could manage the live interview in their local language. The main objective is to catch new potential advocates via those sessions in their native language.

This part is not included in the grant cause this will depend on the previous factors but will be funded by Advocate Contribution Program.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have worked for more than 3 years as a Community Manager at The Graph. I currently cooperate in the Advocates Program planning content that can attract potential advocates, doing translations, among other responsibilities. I have been in the crypto ecosystem since 2015 and have collaborated with external and own projects with the idea of introducing Web3/Blockchain to more people.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I believe that the Advocates Program is a key part of growing the The Graph and Web3 ecosystems. By contributing to the program, I can help to:

• Raise awareness of The Graph and Web3, and also the importance of volunteer programs that not only help the project to growth, it also help yourself to get new experiences/skills and empower your professional profile.
  • Educate people about the benefits of being part of the Web3 ecosystem and taking the action to start a new experience
  • Encourage people to get involved in the development of these projects

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Other

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hello.
Thank you for your application.
Could you explain more about the online interviews.
How many interviews include the proposal? How you select the interviewed.
How this proposal benefit inprove The Graph ecosystem?

2 Likes

Greetings

The project presentation will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on March 19th at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank you everyone

Graph AdvocatesDAO - Grants Committee

4 Likes

Hello Lorena! thanks for your questions, I’ll answer them in the same order:

1. Could you explain more about the online interviews.
    A: Interviews are optional and will depend on each participating Advocate. They will be offered the possibility of doing the interview, and if they accept, the date, format, etc. will be coordinated. However, it will mainly depend on the Advocate being interviewed.

2. How many interviews include the proposal? How you select the interviewed.
    A: There are two types of interviews:

Written interviews: These will be the main type of interview and are included in the Grant. There will be a total of 12 written interviews for 6 months.
Live interviews: These interviews will depend on the Advocate and the availability of the language in question. Live interviews are not part of the Grant, but they can be compensated for with contributions. The selection criteria for both interviews are seniority and contributions.

1. How this proposal benefit inprove The Graph ecosystem?
    A) The way this benefits the ecosystem is wonderful.Many people are interested in this kind of programs but never take the leap due to fear. They may encounter barriers such as not speaking English or their professional background not fitting with certain roles. The idea behind these events is that these people will find stories told by people who have already gone through the process they will go through, in order to motivate them to take that step. In the same way, the goal is to enhance the professional profile of each advocate, highlighting their contributions and their trajectory within the ecosystem. These interviews will be in English and in the local language of each Advocate, in order to facilitate the recruitment of more people in their own language.
1 Like

It was a great presentation and thanks for all the answers and detailed information you provided. Also, as Julianna mentioned already, the idea to ask to the community for the name of the project is really great as it shows your willingness to create a project for everyone to feel engaged. I just voted Yes for this proposal and I’m looking forward to see this initiative to shine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Paolo for your vote and for attending to this call :relaxed: I really appreciate the participation of everyone!

1 Like

Hello dear Advocates,

I will be sharing the draft interview and other things discussed on the call through here in the next days!

For now, I want to invite you to select your favorite title for this event :blue_heart:

• We Are Advocates
  • Talking with Advocates
  • Meet the Advocates Family *
  • Know the Advocates Family *
  • A Coffee with the Advocates
  • A break with the Advocates
  • Other (post in the comments)

0 voters

2 Likes

Meet The Advocates
if not then I’d vote for We Are Advocates

2 Likes

Gm Advocates fam!

There you will find the draft that I mentioned in the last call, this is to have a perspective of how the official publications would look like. Your feedbacks are welcome!

LINK

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on the next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

3 Likes