Grant Proposal: Waldo

Grant ID: 327n2ty

Summary:

Waldo plans to create a platform where our students can learn about blockchain and also The Graph Ecosystem. We also plan to provide tablets for our students in poor/rural areas and teach in person. Waldo will create and nft project and part of our exam, with our students to create a play to earn game. If our project is a success we plan to repair and build schools where we teach about technology.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
We will pay 7000 to create the platform, 3000 to hire teachers and 2000 to create our NFT project.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Waldo being about education, we will teach people about The Graph and the blockchain technology and we will bring more people in The Graph community.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I am a self taught software developer, i have worked on multiple projects for the past 5 years.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Because i have been with The Graph since 2019 and i would like to contribute with something good in the community.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello! Thank you for submitting this grant proposal!

I have a couple of questions!

1. Can you tell me more about the platform, what would it look like. What would people do on the platform?

2. What would the $7000 be used for in the creation of the platform?

1 Like

Hello and thank you for applying for a Community Grant! After reviewing your application I have a few follow up questions in addition to @Colson’s.

• In your application you said you have been with The Graph since 2019. Can you provide more detail about your connection and experience with The Graph?
  • Can you share links or resources to the projects you mentioned you have worked on over the past 5 years?
  • You mentioned that if this project is a success you would be repairing and building schools. Can you describe how you would measure if this project is successful or not (i.e. “number of students who completed the course”) and how the project you are requesting funds for and the school repair/building projects are connected?

Thank you again for submitting your application! Looking forward to your responses.

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your offer, but I have a few questions. I also join the questions asked above. So:

1. How long will you create this and in general, how will you be able to qualitatively evaluate the results?

2. Where do you plan to conduct the training? In terms of geographical location, place.

According to the above answers, I would rather recommend applying for city grants, possibly to get financial assistance for the reconstruction/building of the school and so on.

Thank you!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

1 Like