Grant ID: 321wha9
We believe Web3 will redefine how we interact, transact, and connect in the future. Yet the barrier to entry for those that are curious is still too high. With VOYA we seek to make Web3 relatable and understandable by presenting personal stories and complex topics in a digestible fashion through our video content. We provide a platform that people can trust and enjoy without having to worry about the intentions of the creators or undisclosed advertisements.
We stand out by cutting out the noise and get to the core. We use current day analogies, captivating visuals and are not afraid to mix in humor to speak to the next generation. If we can make a point in 30 seconds, we will. Currently, our production can be divided into two categories:
Our main show: where we provide a podium for key industry players to talk about their Web3 journey in a personal and inspiring way; and
Quick-takes: through which we make web3 approachable with weekly explainers and highlights in bit-size bits.
VOYA is a woman-led all-star team of creatives, researchers, visual storytellers and marketeers building the first Web3 media platform focused on explanatory content and visual story telling for the next generation.
We’ve already kicked off:
- Created and hosted ~10 shows, making Web3 relatable and understandable through personal storytelling by key players in the industry.
- Hosted notable guests from AAVE & Lens, Animoca, Archetype, Delphi Digital and many more and would love to give a podium to the Graph of course!
- Created ~50 quick-takes, breaking down the technical intimidation factor around crypto and Web3.
- Created a distribution network across continents with over 60K followers across platforms, with a dominance in the EU market and gaining traction in India.
The team has been bootstrapped since the start and is now looking for grants to continue independent content creation for the long haul supporting the growth of the ecosystem.
If available, please enter a link to your project below:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/thisisvoya - TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thisisvoya - Lenster: https://lenster.xyz/u/thisisvoya.lens - Lenstube: https://lenstube.xyz/thisisvoya.lens - Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thisisvoya - Chingari: https://chingari.io/thisisvoya
Are you applying as a team or individual?:
What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Please select the category your project best fits into:
Podcast & AMA Series
Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
How much funding are you looking for? (USD):
Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
- Core contributors: a team of three, consisting of passionate and driven all-round creatives and researchers making this all a reality.
- Operating expenses: for software and editing tools, almost negligible. Basically, the only costs are the running costs of the team. Talking about lean operations, with high quality output.
- Creation of new community and content concepts: we seek to listen closely to our community and make them part of the creative process.
$10,000 would translate in ~5 shows and ~20 shorts
Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We have reached out to other parties in our network like AAVE/Lens and are actively looking for grants (or sponsor partners) within the ecosytem in order to enable us to keep creating amazing and high-end free content around Web3 for the long haul.
What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
While responsibly onboarding of next generation of web3 users benefits the ecosystem as a whole, we would be excited to carry out the Graph brand in the following ways:
- Credited in our show and a receive a prominent spot in our shows
- Shout-outs during our shows
- Option to nominate a guest for our show - we would love to host a key guest from the Graph!
- Option to nominate topics for our explainer series
And an opportunity to be the touchpoint for the next generation of Web3 users.
What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
You can view our links for content produced and we are publicing new shows and shorts weekly!
Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
We have been actively building out our network, creating content and contributing to the ecosystem since 2017
Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We believe Web3 will redefine how we interact, transact, and connect in the future and through VOYA we aim to spread awareness and give the voices of web3 a podium whereby we cut through the noice to really get the message across.