Grant Proposal: TikTok Pakistan Community

Grant ID: 86855dnrm

Summary:

I am reaching out to you to request funding for an exciting project that aims to establish the “TikTok Pakistan” community. This initiative seeks to promote The Graph within the dynamic Pakistani Urdu TikTok community and showcase to them the upcoming events and updates happening in the graph ecosystem in their native language. By leveraging the popularity and widespread usage of TikTok in Pakistan, this grant will enable us to raise awareness and generate interest in The Graph and its potential applications in the web3 ecosystem.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Promote Web3/Graph in TikTok

How far along are you?:
We have made progress for the “TikTok Pakistan” project. However, to fully execute our vision and achieve milestones, a long-term grant is essential for securing resources and sustainability. Your support will enable us to make a lasting impact on the TikTok Pakistan community and promote web3 adoption effectively.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I am an advocate right now and also an ambassador at ocean protocol and made some TikTok videos there and won their weekly prizes 2 times. Those videos weren’t in the Urdu language as Ocean protocol needs to share those videos too so a global language is required, but for graph protocol, I was thinking about creating a Pakistan Community for Graph on TikTok.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Our project “Graph on TikTok” will revolutionize web3 awareness within the TikTok Pakistan community. We will provide engaging and informative Urdu content, promoting The Graph and decentralized technologies on the platform.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our regional community will learn about the Graph and will seek opportunities in the ecosystem maybe as a delegator, indexer, curator, or subgraph developer depending upon their skills and interest.

How will you measure success?:
The success of the “TikTok Pakistan” project will be measured through increased community engagement, content reach, and web3 adoption among Pakistani users. We’ll monitor followers, views, and feedback on TikTok, promoting The Graph in Urdu to raise awareness effectively. Partnerships and long-term involvement will also gauge the project’s impact on web3 adoption in Pakistan.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
In the coming weeks/months, achieving our milestones for the “TikTok Pakistan” project and making a lasting impact on the community can only be possible through a long-term grant. The grant will provide the necessary resources and support to create sustained engagement and promote web3 adoption effectively.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
This grant’s time period is for 3 months for which the roadmap is given below:
Will post 50 videos in 3 months in total
Each video will be charged 30$ as an hourly rate

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am a frontend developer and learning web3 programming in Solidity. Also have worked with some web3 projects before, as their community mod.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’m drawn to contributing to The Graph and web3 due to my strong belief in the potential of decentralized technologies. Excited to raise awareness in diverse communities like TikTok Pakistan and empower users to embrace the decentralized web’s transformative impact.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey there! Thank you for you submitting this proposal. I read your grant idea and believe that its a good approach as TikTok is a great source to spread knowledge nowadays other than entertainment. Here are some questions regarding your grant:

1. The 50 videos which you have decided to upload in 3 months have you planned any schedule for them, lets say ‘n’ videos in a week etc?
  2. Have you created an account for TikTok yet or will create it after the grant gets approved ?
  3. How will you ensure the sustainability and continuity of the project beyond the grant period? Do you have any plans to continue engaging and growing the TikTok Pakistan community in the long term?

I was personally thinking that their should be TikTok acc for Pakistan region to minimise the language barrier, also we have our talented advocate @TheGraphgermany who can guide you as well for creating cool TikTok videos and the softwares he uses.
Best of luck with your Grant🤞 !

2 Likes

Greetings, thank you for your proposal and your time. In the process of reviewing the proposal, I still have a few questions that I would like to try to solve and get answers for.

I join the points above and would be happy to hear the answer to them. I will also leave my thoughts on this proposal.

From what I’ve reviewed, you are already an advocate, and you can submit what you plan to do as a contribution as a Content Creator. So why exactly did you choose the grant?

Continuing with the topic of reasoning, although TikTok is pretty popular right now, I’m wondering specifically for the management of the account. Who will be managing the account, will it be you or some member of the DAO?

Do you plan on working alone or with someone?

I’d also like to hear @andreea_cia thoughts here, as she is actively creating TikToks for the official DAO account.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to review my grant proposal, and I appreciate your positive feedback on the approach. I’m excited to address your questions and provide more insights about the project:

1. As an individual applicant, I’ve thoroughly planned to create and post 50 videos in 3 months. This translates to around 16+ videos per month, subject to any updates in the Graph ecosystem.

2. As of now, we have not created a TikTok account specifically for the project. However, we plan to do so shortly after the grant results are announced and the project is approved. Having a dedicated TikTok account for the project will help us engage more effectively with the TikTok Pakistan community and ensure a streamlined platform for content delivery.

3. I am fully committed to ensuring the success of this grant and its positive impact on the TikTok Pakistan community. Sustainability and continuity are key priorities, and I have robust plans in place to extend the project beyond the grant period. Empowering the community and leveraging relevant resources are some of the strategies we’ll employ to maintain long-term engagement and growth.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. Also, I’m grateful for introducing me to @TheGraphgermany

1 Like

Hey there, the proposal idea is unique and cool but I wanted to know how exactly are you gonna spread awareness about theGraph though tiktok videos cause those are short time period videos. And one more thing you didnt provide the link to the tiktok that you made and won prize as it will serve as a proof of impact. Would like to know more about the contents which will be included in tiktoks.
Thank you, have a great day.

Thank you for reviewing my proposal and taking the time to provide feedback and questions. I appreciate the opportunity to address these points in more detail.

Yes, You are correct I am already an advocate and can contribute as a Content Creator. However, I chose to apply for the grant to expand the scope of my contributions and have a more dedicated focus on creating TikTok account specifically for Pakistan. The grant would allow me to allocate more time and dedication to produce high-quality, engaging content for the platform.

Regarding the management of the TikTok account, I will be personally responsible for handling the account and creating the content. Any DAO member handling the account won’t be an issue but I don’t want to disrupt them after every 3-4 days in a time period of 3 months to upload my video etc.

For this specific project, I plan to work alone as the primary content creator.

I appreciate the suggestion to hear @andreea_cia thoughts on this proposal. I value the insights and contributions of other content creators, but I doubt he/she would be creating TikTok videos in English as my grant focus on Urdu content mainly to minimise the language barrier but I believe andreea_cia and TheGraphGermany could be a valuable source of guidance for me.

Please feel free to share any further thoughts or questions you may have. I’m eager to address any additional concerns and provide more clarity on my proposal.
Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Thank you for the answers, and Best of luck with your grant proposal !

1 Like

I understand that TikTok videos have a limited time duration, which presents a challenge in conveying detailed information. However, my approach will focus on creating concise and engaging videos that capture the essence of The Graph Protocol and spark curiosity among viewers. The goal is to pique their interest and encourage them to seek more information through the provided links in the video description.

The TikToks will cover a range of topics related to The Graph Protocol, delivered in a visually engaging and concise manner. Some content ideas include:
Introduction to The Graph
Tutorials
Community Highlights

Here are proofs of the prizes i won at Ocean Protocol for the tiktok videos i made:
name Khuraym

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gjtQeXGK-vc7b8ZWJ-88Agk-AUvHHPNc?usp=drive_link

In total I won 4 times, 2 times I scored first position and 2 times it was 2nd and 3rd position.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer and the idea seems promising best of luck.

1 Like

Is there any further question on which you are confused because you voted No

Can I change my vote actually it was my first time and I mistakenly clicked on no. Sorry

1 Like

Yes you can, click on show vote then press the remove button and then you will be able to vote again

1 Like

Thank you for the grant application! I generally support the initiative of the Graph-related content creation, but to better assess how specific and relevant the content will be that you’re planning to provide, I would propose to start small with the creation of the videos one by one and submit the contribution form after each video goes live. This way we can calibrate the relevance and quality of the content, observe the reach of it and see if there is appetite for it in the Pakistan community and maybe among other Urdu speakers. I would like to also request to always include English captions in the videos and look for other interesting angles from which the Graph protocol and the community wasn’t presented yet - just a tip :wink:

For now, it is a NO for a long-term, continuous grant, but this still may be a great Advocate contribution!

3 Likes

Thank you for the valuable feedback and suggestion. I completely understand the need to assess the relevance and impact of the content before committing to a long-term grant :smiling_face_with_tear:. Starting small with individual video creations and monitoring their reach and reception in the Pakistan community and among Urdu speakers sounds like a prudent approach also will make sure to include English captions in the videos. So for now i will submit them as advocate contribution. Thanks again

I have just created TikTok account for Pakistan :innocent:

I fully agree with what Julianna said.

1 Like