Grant Proposal: The Symmetrical

Grant ID: 30efyde

Summary:

We are building a genZ DAO with a mission to onboard 1 million genZ into Web3 through education, on-chain investments and promotion of web3 x consumer projects.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Curators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
10k towards operational support and education on graph for builders we decide to back
10k towards 5 x $2k checks to help founders test their ideas

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We have raised grants for this initiative from MetaCartel, Pet3rpan and 1kx network. The total funding received is $10k

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We run a grants programme supporting web3 x consumer projects. We want to encourage founders to incorporate graph’s tech when building their dApps (focus on social and entertainment).

We have a strong conviction that in order to reach mass adoption of Web3 we need to onboard genZ. By incubating and educating a cohort of web3 founders building consumer products we will grow the broader web3 ecosystem.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFPUSQWk4g/by1s96-snhdcUAeOSDom9g/view?utm_content=DAFPUSQWk4g&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Working full time building The Symmetrical DAO. Entirely bootstrapped a global genZ community of 60+ developers, founders, college seniors.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I have an extremely strong conviction that web3 will completely change the internet. 10 months ago I quit my well paid job to start building in Web3 and to make meaningful impact in adoption of Web3. I find Graph as an extremely useful part of the Web3 tech stack and I want to spread awareness to genZ builders!

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi, thanks for the application.
Could you make a breakdown of costs?
Could you explain and breakdown the ¨10k towards operational support and education on graph for builders we decide to back¨
Could you explain the project?
How you plan to onboard 1 million genZ to web3?
How is The Graph involved into your project?

1 Like

The slide deck looks interesting, thank you for putting it together! My main concern is rather a question: why would we need to give you a grant so that you can give a grant to other initiatives which we can as well grant directly? I’m surely missing something here, so can you please explain the idea in this particular context?

And maybe one more question: you are planning to invest in 4-5 profitable on-chain assets on the monthly basis - what/who are this assets, are they the already mentioned grantees? And what are the criteria for choosing the assets? I know you’re explicitly mentioning in the presentation that you reserve the right to do so with different start-ups. Do you have some examples already?

2 Likes

Hi, very interesting project.

You mentioned you are planning to invest in 4-5 profitable on-chain assets on the monthly basis.

Is The Symmetrical taking equity in the web3 projects it backs? Or some other method of getting a financial return on the investments it makes?

1 Like

Unfortunately, your grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO