Grant Proposal: The Graph's Birthday 2023 - Lagos

Grant ID: 8685vj56c

Summary:

The project is dedicated to the planning and execution of The Graph’s annual birthday event, an international celebration that spans several countries. Since its launch in 2021, this event has become a significant milestone in The Graph’s journey. In 2023, I intend to host this event in Lagos, Nigeria, bringing our regional community together for a memorable experience.

The event’s primary goal is to celebrate The Graph’s remarkable achievements and contributions to the web3 ecosystem. It’s a festive party that combines education and entertainment. The aim is to create a vibrant environment for knowledge sharing, collaboration, and networking among web3 enthusiasts, developers, and community members.

The comprehensive program includes keynote speeches/presentations, a recap of milestones achieved, an AMA session, and engaging activities for participants. Attendees can also look forward to interactive games and entertainment to add a fun dimension to the celebration.

By hosting this event, I hope to raise awareness about The Graph’s mission and its critical role in decentralization. The vision is to inspire attendees to become active advocates, developers, and contributors to The Graph, fostering its growth, adoption, and impact in this region

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
To plan and host The Graph’s 2023 birthday event in Lagos, Nigeria

How far along are you?:
While the project is in the ideation and planning stage, it requires approval and funding from the DAO to kickstart the development. The groundwork has been laid, and it’s ready to progress pending necessary approvals.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I chose to work on hosting The Graph’s annual birthday event in Lagos, Nigeria, for several reasons. Firstly, I’m deeply passionate about web3 and its potential to revolutionize industries. The Graph, as a fundamental component of the decentralized ecosystem, aligns with my enthusiasm.

I have actively participated in and contributed to the community since 2021, consistently dedicated to problem-solving, assisting fellow members, and initiating/supporting projects. Having organized successful events in the past, I feel confident in my ability to bring together diverse stakeholders and create a memorable experience. This positions me to design an event that not only educates but also entertains.

In this region, there is a growing interest in blockchain technology, particularly among developers, enthusiasts, and others. This is evident by the rising number of annual conferences, boot camps, and workshops, all of which see a continuous influx of participants. I believe leveraging this trend to heighten awareness of The Graph’s significance and spotlight its achievements, all while fostering an engaging environment for attendees is significant.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
The Graph’s annual birthday event in Lagos, Nigeria, is a localized celebration and the awareness-building it brings to this region is important. While The Graph has been garnering interest globally, there isn’t a dedicated event in Lagos that specifically focuses on celebrating The Graph’s milestones and educating the local community about its significance.

In the absence of an event of this nature, people in this region rely on conferences, boot camps, workshops, or online resources to access information about The Graph. These alternatives, while valuable, lack the personal touch and community bonding that this event can provide. By executing this event, the aim is to bridge that gap and offer a unique, engaging experience. It’s a celebration that combines education, entertainment, and networking providing attendees with a tangible, immersive experience.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The vision for hosting The Graph’s annual birthday event in Lagos, Nigeria, is to increase awareness, education, and adoption of The Graph and web3 in the region. It also aims to build a strong community, inspire active participation, and create valuable connections, ultimately contributing to the growth and success of The Graph and the broader web3 ecosystem.

How will you measure success?:
The success of the event will be measured by several factors:

• Advocate applications
  • Joining Graptronauts (Delegators)
  • Following The Graph and DAO’s Twitter
  • Joining The Graph and DAO’s Discord/Telegram
  • Enhanced community engagement and strengthened interpersonal connections within The Graph ecosystem, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing for a more robust and supportive community.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
There are several milestones that can be achieved in the coming weeks without the grant.

• Finalize venue selection
  • Finalize the list of partners to collaborate with.
  • Create an Eventbrite page for the event.
  • Distribute community invitations and make announcements
  • Complete Poap creation and slide deck for presentation.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

• Venue - 2900
  • Catering - 2000
  • Equipment- 800
  • Media - 300
  • Swag - 500

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Since 2021, I’ve been actively involved in building the decentralized web with The Graph as my entry portal into web3. I’m a proud Advocate&DAO member for the GraphAdvocatesDAO and a DAO member of The Graph BuildersDAO. I contribute to a vibrant community where individuals and teams are contributing in their respective capacities, spearheading a data revolution, and ushering in a new era of decentralization.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The evidence of my passion for web3 and The Graph is visible considering I’m an active advocate consistently dedicating myself to solving problems and assisting fellow community members or web3 enthusiasts. My conviction about The Graph’s critical role as a foundational component drives me to continuously seek opportunities to contribute and make a meaningful impact. Blockchain technology represents a paradigm shift towards decentralization, transparency, and user empowerment aligning perfectly with my belief in a more equitable and user-centric internet.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

lol i was writing a big message that how you can collaborate with chidubem who will be incharge of the birthday event in Nigeria but read the full proposal again and found out its Chidubem here😂.
Best of luck with your event!!

3 Likes

Greetings, I’m personally excited about such cool initiatives and equally excited to support them in terms of my vote. But before I leave my vote, I would like to clarify a few things about this grant proposal.

1/ Can you please elaborate on the budget. Specifically, what is included in these 2 categories:

2/ Next, is of course engagement. I didn’t see any numbers on how many people the event will be aimed at and so what kind of people it will be. Newcomers? Or already a bit technically curious folks.

3/ Are you applying as a team or an individual? If you are applying as a team, please provide information about the other team members and their roles.

4/ What are some of the ways you plan to promote the event and attract a large audience?

That’s all for now, thank you!

4 Likes

@doxe01.eth Thank you for your support and thoughtful consideration of this proposal.

• Equipment: This category covers essential audio-visual equipment for the success of the event. It includes LED screens, speakers, audio mixers, microphones, presentation aids, cables/connectors, and other elements to enhance the overall experience.
  • Media: This covers the production of promotional materials such as roll-up banners, along with the essential services of photography and videography to capture and share the memorable moments of the celebration.

Engagement: The birthday event aims to engage a diverse audience, anticipating around 100 attendees. The inclusive approach would cater to various individuals, ranging from newcomers eager to explore the decentralized space to seasoned web3 enthusiasts, developers, and active community members. This diversity fosters an environment where attendees at different stages of their web3 journey can connect, learn, and celebrate together.

Promotion involves leveraging multiple channels to ensure broad visibility. This includes sharing the event across relevant platforms, tapping into the power of social media to reach a wide audience, and collaborating with local tech communities to maximize outreach.

4 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on October 17th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Thanks for your application and presentation @Chidubem

It’s a big yes vote from me. So happy to see more and more of the Graph Birthday events propagate around the world and I know that the Lagos event will be in good hands with you at the helm.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Thank you Kyle! @Mr.1776 I’m thrilled to receive your positive vote, and I’m equally excited about the opportunity to contribute to the success of The Graph’s Birthday event in Lagos.

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

4 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• The project aims to plan and execute The Graph’s annual birthday event in Lagos, Nigeria in 2023, celebrating The Graph’s achievements in the web3 ecosystem, and fostering community engagement, education, and networking among web3 enthusiasts, developers, and community members.
  • Deliverables

• Collect feedback from attendees, partners to evaluate the success of the event.

• Analyze the impact of the event on community engagement, new advocate applications, social media followings, and community engagement on The Graph and DAO’s Discord/Telegram channels.

• Provide a comprehensive report on the event, including videos, photos, and recommendations for future events.

• Make announcements about the event on relevant platforms to generate interest and increase attendance.

• Design, produce, and distribute swag items as a token of appreciation for attendees and participants.

• Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 6500 USD

• Token: GRT

• Token Amount: 72500 GRT

• Disbursement Schedule:

• Full Funding: 100%
  • Term Length:

• Date of the event: December 17th, 2023.
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x08B39B4C2bCFA17ffC3C768Ec43d6e2204aBE161

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thank you for contributing to the growth of The Graph and web3 ecosystem.

Now it’s time to focus on promoting your accomplishments! If you haven’t already done so, evaluate different ways to showcase your grant across different platforms, such as Twitter, the Graph Forum, Discord, Telegram or LinkedIn. Also feel free to reach out in the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server to seek help from others to promote your grant.

For information in how to getting paid for your grant, have a look at our official documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

1 Like

Greetings! @Chidubem

Please don’t forget to share your results with the community and DAO. In the future we are planning to create some social posts to highlight your work, so we need information and materials!

Thanks!

1 Like