Grant Proposal: The Graph's Arabic Library

Grant ID: 2trun0j

Summary:

at Arabmarketcap we provide educational content about Web3 and the best project in the space in Arabic.
We will create and share content about The Graph for more than 120k followers. We reached 6 million people in 2021 and the same number in 7 months in 2022

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
NEAR-Protocol 20k
Solana Foundation 15k

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our project will help to grow the Arabic community for The Graph and help them to understand The Graph and indexing protocols better. We will also help onboarding developers, indexers, curators, and delegators to the network

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

here is a small article we wrote about the graph in Arabic

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
For 2 years we have been creating content about Web3 for our communities and providing them with high-quality educational articles, videos, and podcasts about Blockchain technologies.
in the past 12 months, we worked with NEAR, Illuvium, Solana, Binance, OKx, CoinEx, and many other projects and exchanges. our past experience will only help us make more friends and work with bigger and bigger projects

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We believe that everyone deserves the chance to learn. By doing what we’re doing we are giving tools to people who can’t speak English to become part of the Web3 space.
Creating content about The Graph will give a chance to people to become more than just traders or small investors in the project but will actually make them part of the project and big contributors to the network

Community Poll

Do you support this grant application?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote (Closes on Oct 30th)

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting such a robust application. I really appreciate all the time you clearly put into it. After reviewing your application, I have a few follow up questions for you:

• Can you describe how you’ve reached 7 million people and how that number was measured?

• Can you breakdown where the 120k followers are coming from? I see 20k on your Instagram page and another 20k on your YouTube page but if you can share your other social channels that would be much appreciated.

• Can you provide a link to the learning academy you reference in your application?

• Your timeline of deliverables for the remainder of this calendar year looks very productive. Can you describe where each of those items will be shared and promoted?

• Can you provide details on how you came to the figures for each line item in your expense table? Are those made from quotes you’ve received from freelance workers, prices you’ve paid in the past for similar work, or just estimates?

• Additionally, can you clarify what the Marketing and Tools line items would be spent on?

Thank you again for applying! Looking forward to your responses.

2 Likes

Hey there,
Thank you so much for your comment. It makes us feel really appreciated

So we have accounts on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook and LinkedIn. We measured the reach on monthly basis and added it to our yearly report. For example if you open our TikTok you’ll see a video of me at the hospital that had almost 500k views.
The 120k are as you mentioned from Instagram, YouTube plus the platforms I mentioned above. I believe we have more than 120k tbh. All organic growth btw. We did not spend a penny on buying bots.

The deliverables will be published basically everywhere. The articles will be on our website and the links to the articles will be on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. The video will be posted on YouTube and the links will also be shared as described above. When it comes to Podcasts we will share it on Spotify and YouTube. Everything will be pushed on Instagram stories with a link to take you to the platform where content is being shared. We have partners that we can use if we do not reach the desired number of views.

Regarding the prices, we worked for months on doing this research on how to produce high quality content and what the expenses are. We worked with some partners where we asked for less money and ended up in minus and then we adjusted the plan. We used these numbers in 2 previous grants. NEAR and Solana as mentioned in the application and we found it very accurate

The marketing includes publishing the content on other platforms if it is necessary, paid Ads to give it more exposure in the Arabic speaking countries, and expenses for 5 freelancers we work with who prepare and execute a very decent marketing campaign. Such as hosting a speaker from The Graph (we already got a yes from him) and make this event more like a campaign where people can win prizes. Regarding the tools part, we are looking to improve the quality of our resources that we already have, and add more resources. Basically Human Resources that can help us execute the plan better. By tools we mean; microphones, camera, softwares to edit the video and audio.

I hope I answered all your questions
Feel free to reach out again here or on any of our platforms. Make sure you ask for Walid
Again, thank you for taking the time to look at our proposal and check our platforms and ask these questions, it shows a lot of respect to our efforts

3 Likes

Hi Walid,

Thank you for your detailed responses, I really appreciate it. I think you addressed all of my questions except for these two:

I do have a few follow up questions from your last response:

• You mentioned having secured a guest speaker from The Graph. Can you share who that is?
  • You mentioned using the marketing event “more like a campaign where people can win prizes”. Would this mean you’d be distributing prizes? If so, what would those prizes be.

Thank you again. I’m looking forward to your responses.

Hey Mr.1776,

regarding the first question; We reached this number organically since we did not pay for any ads, except for 2 campaigns where we spent less than 200$ on Facebook Ads. The number was reached through creating authentic educational content. what helped us a lot was TV exposure on BBC Arabia and CNCB Arabia, plus some influencers sharing our content. it was measured using different tools, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter share monthly analytics with you and we use google analytics to evaluate our website.

Regarding the Academy, here is a link to it. Please be aware that people who have an account on our website and subscribe to our Academy will have access to different courses:
https://arabmarketcap.com/category/products/academy/

The speaker I was referring to is Kyle Arojas. I connected with him after watching a video of him talking about the graph and we did a meeting, and he inspired and motivated me to do a lot of stuff. I asked him to be our guest and connect with our followers and he loved the idea and we will move forward with it if we get the grant and also if we don’t cause honestly the value that Kyle would add to our content is terrific. but we are waiting to see the status of the grant first

regarding the campaign, this is one of the ideas we want to do. another idea we are working on is adding a specific filter on Snapchat and Instagram that promotes the graph Arabia library and make people talk about the graph using this filter and give prizes to people with the most interaction, best content… etc… the prizes are usually either some tokens from the project we are focusing on, GRT in this case. in addition to that, we will give access to some of our courses, free subscriptions to our newsletter. merchants are also in our future plan but still not possible at the moment for financial reasons.

I hope I answered all your questions. please feel free to ask more, the more you ask the better for us to see what we need to focus on and what we might need to fix.
thanks mate!

1 Like

@Mr.1776 I hope I answered all your questions

Much appreciated! You have answered all of my questions. One final request from me: if possible, can you provide confirmation of the number of people reached from the analytics tools you are using (screenshots would suffice)?

The Graph AdvocatesDAO Grants Committee is continuing to review all community grant applications and should have more information for you soon on next steps. In the meantime, to increase community engagement with your application I would highly recommend connecting with the Graph community in Discord to generate additional feedback, questions, and community votes on your proposal.

Thank you again for answering all my questions with such detail.

Hey @Mr.1776
Unfortunately, most of the platforms only show you the analytics for the last 3 months. so I will attach these. But I believe it will give you an impression of our numbers. Let me know if any questions come up mate. will always be happy to answer

1 Like

These work! Thank you.

Hey @Mr.1776 , can you guys give us a quick update on the progress here? when shall we expect an answer from you guys approximately? :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello @walid1991,

Thank you so much for your patience on this as we built out the review process. I just sent you an email with details on the next step forward, which is an interview with the Grants Committee. If you have any questions after reading the email please let us know.

Thanks again and looking forward to your presentation!

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you mate
Email received and replied to
Looking forward for the meeting :pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Hey guys!
I am so happy I got the chance to share my presentation with you and hear your questions

here is the playlist for our project with The NEAR Foundation
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQBwYNfwQ48728itsOgDM6A70xbxPROLX

Looking forward to working with you!

2 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • What is the Graph? (Your guide to The Graph; What is an Index protocol? What are subgraphs?) - articles, video interviews, podcasts
    • Be the Graph (Become a delegator, curators, indexer, or a developer; How?) - articles, video interviews, podcasts
    • The Graph Token (GRT) (History of GRT, Token’s utilities and conditional micropayments) - articles, video interviews, podcasts
  • Deliverables
    • The Graph guidebook in Arabic that provides the essential concepts and references for building applications on The Graph consisting of all the above content (see: the scope of the proposal)
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: $15,800
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: GRT 181,609.20
  • Disbursement Schedule
    • Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x164622DE2616BE8c9fc3eAe785690276B427263C

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

dear @juliannaMLN and @Mr.1776 and the whole DAO advocates, it was such a pleasure going through this with you. I had to know much and learn much about the graph to be able to prepare this and hopefully deliver it in the best way.
thank you for being professional and easy to communicate with!

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient @walid1991

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

YAAAY! Thank you so much for this great news!
We will get back to you and share updates and progress with you ASAP

2 Likes

Hey @walid1991 any updates on your work?

It is very interesting to see the achievement of the goals that you have set for yourself. Let me remind you of them:

Thank you!!!

Hey there,
Unfortunately I left the team shortly after the grant was approved. Upon asking if the grant was received, the team shared that they did not withdraw the funds before the deadline. So the fund was eventually not received.

It is very unfortunate since I put a lot of energy and efforts to make this happen

Thank you for following up