Grant Proposal: The Graph Pakistan 2.0

Hello guys! As my grant deliverables are completed i would like the DAO to move my grant to the next steps.

Thankyou😄

1 Like

Thank you so much! Very great photos and overall it is clear that people enjoyed the event. Before I say my main verdict, I would like to clarify a few questions.

Were you able to achieve the goals that were outlined in the grant agreement? And in general, I would like to know what you think about it.

How many people were there? From the photos and video, we can see that there were quite a few different people. How was it overall? Did people like it?

What was presented to people and did it work out as originally planned? In terms of themes and objectives for the presentations.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hey Doxe!
Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding the completion of my grant. I’m glad to provide you with the necessary information in response to your questions:

1. I am pleased to inform that we successfully achieved the goals outlined in the grant agreement. Our primary objective was to organize an engaging and informative workshop which went as expected. Throughout the workshop, we remained focused on delivering high-quality content and providing a valuable learning experience for the participants. The workshop encompassed all the specified topics and surpassed expectations in terms of knowledge sharing and community engagement.

2. The event saw a fantastic turnout, with a diverse and enthusiastic audience of around 85-95 maintained and the attendance was registered of 123 people as some people had to go due to some personal matters. And yes from the photos and videos you can see the diverse group of participants who were present and came to join us from different universities. Feedback from the attendees was overwhelmingly positive, and we received numerous expressions of appreciation for the content and organization of the event.

3. The presentations delivered during the workshop aligned perfectly with our initial plans and our main tech session that was hosted by me was about deploying the subgraph on Subgraph Studio which fetched all the transactions data from Uniswap. Each session addressed the pre-determined themes and objectives, and the content was well-received by the participants, who actively engaged in discussions and interactive activities. Overall, the presentations were a success, leaving the attendees with valuable knowledge and a positive experience.

In conclusion, we are delighted with the outcomes of the workshop. It surpassed our expectations in terms of attendance, participant satisfaction, and the successful delivery of the planned sessions!

3 Likes

It loos like it was a great event. Congrats and hope to see again more involvement from you.

2 Likes

Thanks for these kind words, Paolo!! I am already feeling highly motivated to give my best in the ecosystem, and believe me, you will see even more involvement from me in the future. :smile:

2 Likes

HI @asadus16 ,

Thank you for providing the details of your grant proposal. I checked your Ins/Twitter/Youtube channel, well done, hope you can contribute on it continuously and get more devs into The Graph. Here are some questions regarding your proposal:

1. Could you please provide more information about the workshop you plan to organize? What topics or areas related to The Graph will be covered, and how long will the workshop last? (How to make sure they are all interesting in Graph, not just come for reward)

2. Have you identified a specific venue for the workshop? If so, could you share any details about it, such as location and facilities?

3. Regarding the breakdown of funding, you mentioned $3,000 for the event’s venue and food/snacks. Can you provide more information about the estimated costs for the venue and catering?

4. For the swag items, you mentioned 50 shirts and 500 vinyl stickers. Have you obtained any quotes or estimates for the cost of producing these items?

5. How will you ensure that the swag items are distributed among them?

6. What measures will you take to measure the impact and success of the workshop in terms of educating and engaging the regional community with The Graph?

7. Are there any specific plans to support the attendees after the workshop, such as providing resources, mentoring, or follow-up sessions?

8. How will you promote and publicize the workshop to attract participants from the regional community?

9. And is this workshop only for The Graph?

2 Likes

Hey Jonathan, I hope you are doing great!

Well this workshop has already happened 22 days ago and the final dispersement voting proposal for this grant is running on DAOhaus but still here are your answers:

1. The workshop comprised of these 5 topics:

The workshop lasted a total of 7+ hours, which includes setup time and two breaks during which some social activities were organized.

1. The venue for the workshop was located in Lahore, specifically in the main area of Gulberg, which was easily accessible for most of the participating students.

2. The cost for the venue and food was reduced to $2000, as explained in detail in my previous post:

1. I did obtained quotes from local vendors for the production of swag items. These estimates were based on previous orders of swags which i made for some events organised before.

2. Those swag items were distributed by me in the community building session, depending on the involvement of the participants.

3. We measured the impact and success of the workshop through various metrics, including attendee feedbacks, post-workshop engagements, and tracking our social media engagement.

4. We provided post-workshop support through online resources, including documentation, tutorials, and also many students contacted me after the workshop for these materials and guidance.

5. I primarily use Twitter to publicize Graph as it represents our Pakistan community, and all the events I have organized thus far have been posted there. Additionally, I hosted an event in a university and plan to host more in different universities in the future as it’s an excellent way to gather the community, here’s the previous event i organised in a University:

1. Yes this workshop was solely for Graph :grinning:

I hope these answers would help, also you can scroll up to find the answers to the questions that the grant committee asked me before, it will clear more things for you i believe.

Thank you!!!

1 Like

HI @asadus16 ,

Thank you for your reply, and it’s great to see the results and your successful, expect your continually contribution.

1 Like

Thanks alot for these supporting words Jonathan! I will try to give my best, always🙂

1 Like

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thank you for contributing to the growth of The Graph and web3 ecosystem.

Now it’s time to focus on promoting your accomplishments! If you haven’t already done so, evaluate different ways to showcase your grant across different platforms, such as Twitter, the Graph Forum, Discord, Telegram or LinkedIn. Also feel free to reach out in the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server to seek help from others to promote your grant.

For information in how to getting paid for your grant, have a look at our official documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.