Grant Proposal: The Graph or GRT Renegade

Grant ID: 85zrqw7qg

Summary:

I have a YouTube channel with 2650 Subscibers a Twitter account with 1930 Followers a website bitcoinrenegade.net. With that being said I propose to make content on a large scale. 2 Ecosystem Videos per week. 1 Ecosyetem in general and the other what is going on that specific week in 1 upload and 1 livestream to interact with my community, The Graph Community and new youtube community members as well as having other content creators on my channel or interview staff, advocates or community. The interviews are based on if people are interested. I would make a 1 minute clip of both of these videos to put on twitter with a link to the video in the comments. So that’s 2 posts to Twitter per week as well. Each video is also automatically uploaded to my website bitcoinrenegade.net. I will also write a bi weekly blog about The Graph Ecosystem, Staking and Subgraphs as a generalization of the type of content. The blog will be uploaded to my medium account Publish Ox as well as the blog section of my website. I could do this for a total of 3 months or a month to month basis. So it would be a total of 8 videos, 4 uploads and 4 Livestreams on YouTube and my website, 8 1 Minute Snippets of each video on twitter with link to YouTube video in the comments. 2 Blog posts uploaded to medium, publish ox and my website per month. I will also dedicate a page on my website to The Graph for Links, projects and beneficial Graph information all in one place for people to find it easily.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://youtube.com/@BitcoinRenegade

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
$200 per video for 8 videos on YouTube and my website per month is $1600 then 8 1 minute snippets videos on twitter $50 each is $2000. $250 per Blog posted to medium, Publish Ox and My website bitcoinrenegade.net. Flexable on amount.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
I previously got a community awards grant from the dfinity foundation for $5k the 1st grant back in 2021 then in 2022 a second grant for $25,000 from Dfinity for a proposal similar to this one. I am no longer as of now receiving funding from or making paid content for Dfinity.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
It will educate different people from different platforms on The Graph Ecosystem the web 3 benefits of The Graph. Teaching my community The Graph Community and new eyes about staking the graph, subgraphs, delegators and indexers as well as using my networking and knowledge from my time with Dfinity and web 3 to reach other influencers, web 3 pioneers and onboarding new members to web 3 and crypto through all of the platforms mentioned above

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
My grant from Dfinity for my YouTube channel has over 100 videos on YouTube and my website, my Twitter feed as well as blog posts on medium, publish ox and my website. I also dedicated a page of my website to Dfinity links projects and will do the same for The Graph

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am driven when it comes to spending time researching and learning new important facts about web 3 and what that means to the general public in an easy to understand way. Web 3 has given me a vision for a new way of running programs and it makes me excited for the future and I would love to share that with people through my established platforms and community as well as meeting new web 3 content creators and other important parts of the innovation that is web 3.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Because I believe in blockchain technology and the vision that web 3 has from foundations like the Graph foundation and believe that my excitement and genuine interest in web 3 will get other people talking, thinking about and researching web 3 and The Graph

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello Jeffrey! Thanks for your application.
I have two questions about this proposal:
Could you provide any statistics on the live stream you held before?
Several individuals/teams are dedicated to making the same type of videos and blog posts. What makes your videos and posts unique compared to them? (e.g. Graphtronauts)

Thank you.

3 Likes

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to apply! In the process of reviewing it, I had a few questions:

1. Can you provide statistics on social networks? Let’s say for the last 2–3 months.
  2. How many people work in your team? Or do you work alone?
  3. Why should we choose you? In terms of what advantages do you see for yourself compared to others?

Thank you!

2 Likes

The previous trial video I did for The Graph was an upload not a livestream i did do a livestream 2 days ago about web 3 that did amazing on twitter with a snippet will put stats at bottom of page after you reply because it limits me from sharing screenshots… That being said here is a screenshot of my statistics for my Graph ecosystem video episode 1. It did really well and garnered 35 likes and 332 views which is more than 10% of people liking the content. Video here

This shows that out of 332 views 295 are unique views which means they have never seen my channel or content before. So I attract new viewers as well as having a strong following that has been with me for over 2 years i have been on Youtube. I am established in the web 3 community in several different platforms including my own website.

My twitter snippet of this video did okay and the engagement was awesome

https://twitter.com/bitcoinr3negade/status/1625407680432177152?t=-9pPgDfrSiBYU6wsxjMRtg&s=19

1 Like
  1. Here are the statistics for the last 90 days. I was pretty sick in dec so views were down. When i am active and not sick i would say i get even more views but i will show the last 90 days

2. I have 3 moderators that make sure the chat isn’t spammed or rude. They are volunteers that i do pay when i get grants. They are active in every video and livestream. I also have a website manager for bitcoinrenegade.net that i also pay when i get grant money. He is the one that will make the page for the graph on the website alot like the Internet Computer page. I pay both my moderators from my own pocket as i need them whether i get grants or not. I also have a few close friends that are content creators like 6 figs and Victor from icpsquad who come on the channel at times.

3. I believe if you choose me I am already firmly established in the web 3 community and have a loyal following as well as alot of connections in the space that would love to know more about web 3 ecosystems like The Graph. I am hard working and this is my only job so I can contribute the time needed for research and all of the different aspects of this grant. I offer more than just a youtube channel or twitter. I offer both of those plus sharing on linkden and reddit as well as direct uploads to my own website. This and already getting 2 grants from the dfinity foundation let you know that i do work that show people i am worth hiring again as i might not have the biggest following but i have an active following and am dedicated to the work that i do. It makes companies want to work with me again. I am also very passionate and excited about web 3 and what i do and it makes others want to know more about it. I’m not the biggest tech savvy guy but am smart and driven to communicate web 3 in a simple way so that unique new people can learn and become involved at any level to web 3 and The Graph. Also my staking videos have almost 10,000 views for Internet Computer and i believe that would be a great piece i could do for the graph to show how to delegate graph to indexers. I have been on Crypto wendy’s youtube channel in a video and she is the biggest female crypto influencer in the space. Here is the link to that video. This is where i met 6 figs and made great connections in the space.
    IS BITCOIN IN A BEAR MARKET? (MONSTER $39,000 SUPPORT SHATTERED) - YouTube

I plan to get on other influencial channels as well. I do this all day everyday so I am the best choice for all of these reasons. I am also okay with not talking about price in all of the aforementioned propsals. Oh and i made friends with almost every web 3 developer on Internet Computer while i did work for them. From Dex’s to nft projects to Governance projects like NNS Dao and had them on my channel and they all follow my twitter youtube and content. One last thing i have a blog post section on my website as well as 173 followers on publish ox and a medium page as well that i post my blogs on as well

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for submitting your application.

My initial community poll vote is a no. That is because, in my opinion, there is already a lot of well done content on general overviews of The Graph and delegating (most notably by the Graphtronauts) available for the community.

If there is a Graph topic you’re interested in developing content for that doesn’t already have quality existing content, I’d be happy to revisit my initial vote and perspective.

Thank you again for applying!

2 Likes

Thank you for the application. I have to say that I agree with @Kyle that there is already a lot of content covering basic topics, so in order to be able to proceed with the grant, in my opinion, you would have to review everything that’s already available and come up with a topic that hasn’t ever been tackled by anyone before. Alternatively, present some other different approach to introducing the Graph from an interesting angle, targeting a new audience.

About the quality of the video, I would have one remark: I would recommend avoiding the parts where you show plain text on a given website and instead, look for some visuals and add even the same comment in the background :wink:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO