Grant Proposal: The Graph Meetup Hanoi

Grant ID: 86871z2gf

Summary:

• Introduce The Graph: Provide an overview of The Graph protocol, its capabilities, and its significance in the context of decentralized applications (dApps) and the broader blockchain ecosystem.
  • Community Building: Foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing among local web3 enthusiasts, developers, and blockchain stakeholders.
  • Graph Advocates Program Launch: Unveil The Graph Advocates Program, outlining its purpose, benefits, and the role Advocates play in strengthening The Graph’s presence in the local ecosystem.
  • Identify Potential Advocates: Through networking sessions and collaborative activities, identify individuals passionate about The Graph and its potential impact in Vietnam.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The primary objective of this event is to introduce The Graph as a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying blockchain data, to the local web3 community. Additionally, we aim to introduce the Graph Advocates Program during the meetup to identify and engage potential Advocates who can contribute to building our ecosystem within the region.

How far along are you?:

• I have identified the location for organizing the offline event
  • I have already identified vendors for the SWAGS
  • I have created the presentation slides…

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
We believe that this meetup aligns with our ecosystem’s mission of supporting innovative projects that foster community engagement and technological advancements.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
This is the first (and hopefully not the last) meetup in a series of extended gatherings. We aim to build a Graph community that can meet in person, not just online, as connecting in real life is also crucial

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The successful execution of our first Graph Meetup in Hanoi will not only introduce The Graph to a new audience but also lay the foundation for a robust and engaged local community. The Graph Advocates Program, introduced during this event, will contribute to the sustained growth and development of The Graph’s ecosystem in Vietnam.

How will you measure success?:
This is a new community that needs to be built, so we want to identify high-quality candidates who can apply to become part of the Advocates Program.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Strengthening communication on Twitter or Telegram within the Vietnamese community to seek potential supporters, individuals who can contribute to building our ecosystem in the region.

If there is no sponsorship, we may organize online meetups to attract people to participate and get to know The Graph.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:

For me, Web3 has many advantages that I find impressive after experiencing it, but what impresses me the most is the “Community Engagement” aspect. Web3 often establishes decentralized communities where users can actively participate in the decision-making and development of the platform. This fosters an interactive and positive environment, ensuring that power is not exclusively held by large organizations.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The Graph supports projects from various domains, from decentralized finance to NFT markets. This makes it a flexible protocol with widespread applications in the blockchain community.
And I perceive some trends and prospects for the future of Web3 (Decentralization and User Empowerment, Enhanced Safety and Security, Easy Integration and Rapid Development, Integration with Artificial Intelligence (AI)…)

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

Hello and thank you for applying for the grant :innocent:

1. Can you provide more details on the specific activities planned for the offline event, such as the agenda and format of the meetup?
  2. Can you share more information about the identified vendors for SWAGS and the selection criteria used for choosing them?
  3. How will the $1200 funding be allocated, and can you provide a breakdown of the budget for the event and associated activities?
4 Likes

Hello, I have answered your questions.

Can you provide more details on the specific activities planned for the offline event, such as the agenda and format of the meetup?

Below we report an overview of the program we plan to deliver for our first meetup:

• Welcome and Registration: 15 min
  • Introduction to The Graph: 20 min
  • Graph Advocates Program Launch: 20 min
  • Questions & Answers: flexible time
  • Networking Session: 120 min

Can you share more information about the identified vendors for SWAGS and the selection criteria used for choosing them?

• This brand chooses three main fabric materials, including absorbent fabrics (cotton, modal, bamboo, etc.), Maxcool sports material, and Excool material… All of these are high-quality fabric types suitable for hot and humid weather like in Vietnam
  • The most peculiar service policy - Exchange/return within 60 days for any reason.
  • Careful packaging

How will the $1200 funding be allocated, and can you provide a breakdown of the budget for the event and associated activities?

Below we report the cost breakdown for the event:

• Venue Rental: 400$
  • Catering: 400$ (This is an estimated general quantity of around 20 participants)
  • SWAGS: 300$ (Ordering 20 T-shirts with logo printing, as it’s the first meeting, I want to choose a slightly better product)
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: 100$
3 Likes

Thank you for responding :slightly_smiling_face: best of luck and wishing you success with the upcoming event.

2 Likes

I’m from the VN community, and I’m really looking forward to the project taking place. Perhaps, this is the first offline event :smiling_face:

2 Likes

A dedicated project, hoping that it will be executed according to the plan. I will register to participate

1 Like

Is this the first offline event? Even though I’m not in Vietnam, I still want to participate with everyone. My father is Vietnamese

2 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on January 30th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

To receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will email you with instructions on the next steps to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Deliver the first Graph meetup in Hanoi
  • Deliverables
    • Introduce The Graph: Provide an overview of The Graph protocol, its capabilities, and its significance in the context of decentralized applications (dApps) and the broader blockchain ecosystem.
    • Community Building: Foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing among local web3 enthusiasts, developers, and blockchain stakeholders.
    • Graph Advocates Program Launch: Unveil The Graph Advocates Program, outlining its purpose, benefits, and the role Advocates play in strengthening The Graph’s presence in the local ecosystem.
    • Identify Potential Advocates: Through networking sessions and collaborative activities, identify individuals passionate about The Graph and its potential impact in Vietnam.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value:1,200 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 7,469 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule
    • Full Funding: 100%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x2Cd537D1B15fA8DD99269cD583C2FE385b0093c9

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain and that the GRT (30-day average) rate will be considered at the point of initiating a proposal, whether for the provision of initial funding or the culmination of the final payment.

2 Likes