Grant Proposal: The Graph India

Grant ID: 8687cfykr

Summary:

Abstract (Section 1):

-The document Attached Below provides a comprehensive guide for the initiatives and activities planned for 2024.

Youtube Video Production (Section 2):

-Focus on producing technical content in Hindi and English.
-Aim to deliver accessible, informative content aligned with the community’s interests.

Landing Page (Section 3):

-Create a centralized landing page for The Graph India.
-The page will serve as a guide for easy navigation within The Graph ecosystem.
Curated content and resources for enhanced user experience.

Keeping Presence of AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO & InfraDAO (Section 4):

-Emphasize and talk about AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO, and InfraDAO in all activities.
-Feature them in YouTube videos, hackathons, and in-person workshops.

Online Hackathon Launch (Section 5):

-Plan to launch an online hackathon in June.
-Utilize supported networks and market extensively across India.
-Provide comprehensive workshop scripts and study materials.

Team (Section 6):

-Introduce key team members:
-Yash Jagtap (DevSuccess Engineer & Graph Advocate)
-Yash Garg (Blockchain Developer, DevSuccess Engineer & Graph Advocate)

Budget (Section 7):

Detailed budget breakdown for various initiatives:
-YouTube Video Production, Landing Page Development, Online
-Hackathon Launch, AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO & InfraDAO presence, and Miscellaneous Expenses.

Note: We will be having all our funds on the Arbitrum network of this Address, if something is left from the grant, we will use it in future.
0xf8D623a6e720a156fE4E7eE2D9Af294697D87164

The Graph India (Section 8):

-Overview of The Graph India, a community supported by The Graph Foundation.
-Building an online presence on Twitter, Telegram, LinkedIn, and WhatsApp.

Conclusion (Section 9):

-Focus in 2024 on creating significant content, enhancing the website, and organizing a major online hackathon.
-Collaboration with key ecosystem partners.
-Consistent emphasis on AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO, and InfraDAO to strengthen community connections and contribute to The Graph’s growth in India.
-Added note on supporting The Graph Foundation/Core devs at major events, indicating a broader commitment to the community.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The Graph India’s strategic plan for 2024, emphasizing key initiatives. They plan to produce informative YouTube videos, create a user-friendly landing page, and highlight AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO, and InfraDAO in all activities. An online hackathon is set for June, leveraging supported networks and extensive marketing. The team introduces key members, and a detailed budget of $13,360 covers various initiatives. The Graph India, endorsed by The Graph Foundation, aims to expand its online presence, foster community connections, and actively collaborate with ecosystem partners. Additionally, we express the intention to support The Graph Foundation/Core devs at major events, reflecting a commitment to the broader Graph community and its growth in India.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
Pls Refer Our 2023 Thread :wink:
https://x.com/TheGraphIndia/status/1741756777316962800?s=20

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
We started this idea back in july 2023 because we noticed a need for clear information about The Graph ecosystem. Our team knows a lot about web3 and The Graph, so we’re well-suited to help. We’re confident people need what we’re making because we’ve talked to them and seen a lot of interest in our content and events.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
In 2024, we’re doing some new things. We’re creating a landing page to make it easy to explore The Graph Ecosystem. Also, we’re starting a Hindi YouTube channel. After our lunch event in Bangalore last year, in collaboration with E&N. We made good connections. Now, we’re using those connections to organize a Hackathon with a theme for eg. ‘The Graph Decentralized hack’. We want to show our ecosystem well in India, so will be highlighting BuildersDAO & InfraDAO, together with AdvocatesDAO. We have friends like Gulshan (BuildersDAO) and the team at Dapplooker: they will be collaborating with us within the outer circle of this project.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our vision for the project is to make a big impact on The Graph and web3. Last year, we aimed to organize 10 local meetups in India but ended up managing 22, bringing valuable connections for The Graph. We also boosted The Graph India’s presence on social media platforms like Medium and GitHub. One of our advocates even got a contract work from E&N, which was a great win. Additionally, we established business development connections with two projects and a new chain, although we can’t mention them publicly. Our main focus is to get more people involved in governance, empower advocates, and make The Graph a well-known and respected brand in India.

How will you measure success?:
Measuring success, especially for relationship campaigns, can be tricky on paper. But, we’ll mostly measure it by partnering with The Graph Decentralized partners in the Hackathon, creating good-quality YouTube videos and content, and ensuring our ecosystem is rightly represented through the Landing page. This page will have explanations about every core developer, organization, and council, including our three DAOs: AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO, and InfraDAO.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Making Easy Navigation within The Complex Ecosystem of Ours for Key Web3 Players in India and Making Solid Branding Out of It.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Delegators, Indexers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
=> Youtube Video in Production: 15 in Numbers
-Video Production Team: $30 x 15 = $450
-Research and Content Creation: $30 x 15 = $450
-Editing: $300

Total Budget for YouTube Video Production: $1,300

=> Landing Page:

• Graphic Design for Landing Page: $600
  • User Experience (UX) Testing: $270
  • Maintenance and Updates: $150

Total Budget for Landing Page Development: $1,020

=> Online Hackathon Launch:

• Workshop Script and Study Material Development: $1,650
  • Bounty and Incentives: $3,000 fixed

Total Budget for Online Hackathon Launch: $4,650

=> Keeping Presence of AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO & InfraDAO:

• Promotional Material Creation: $370
  • Community Outreach Programs: $720
  • Networking Events: $300 x 10 = $3,000

Total Budget: $4,090

=> Miscellaneous Expenses:

• Contingency fund: $900
  • Unforeseen expenses: $1500

Total: $2,400

Grand Total: $13,360

Last year, it became a big challenge for us to make timely payments and do work due to the fluctuating market.

Thanks to @pdiomede and @0xpranav, who gave us a loan with 0% interest.
But, be assured, we will keep all our funds in USDC on the Arbitrum network at this address ‘0xf8D623a6e720a156fE4E7eE2D9Af294697D87164’.
If there’s anything left from the grant, we’ll use it in the future. If you need details about a specific transaction, just copy and paste the hash and ask me in the forum.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
N/A

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
In my previous role as a Web3 Growth at Helix, I successfully raised awareness about their product and onboarded notable clients such as OKx, Chiliz, and Dimo. My primary responsibility was to drive adoption and promote the value proposition of the product within the web3 ecosystem.

Currently working as the Official Community Manager for Graph India: the successful implementation of the narrative took place in the campaign ‘Navigating Web3 Data.’

For Quick info Pls refere this one min video: https://x.com/Charchit_WEB3/status/1741756669376540741?s=20

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Working full time on The Graph has given me the opportunity to meet the best people in web3, such as our core dev founders, engineers, and partners, leaving me in awe – and a bit of laughter too!

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I think that’s a great and useful initiative. I’m curious if you’re planning to post the YouTube videos one by one or all at once?

1 Like

Planning to do one by one.

1 Like

Thanks @Charchit_Web3 for your grant proposal, and also I do appreciate a lot your idea to be fully transparent in the way you will use our funds.

This is really a great way to show commitment to our ecosystem as it says loud and clear your willingness to collaborate with us for the very long term.

So basically these miscellaneous expenses will be used as a way to face eventual contingencies, and also they will be tracked in this wallet that you are going to share? Or all the expenses will be recorded and shared to us?

Again, thanks @Charchit_Web3, your honesty and integrity are truly appreciated.

3 Likes

gm @pdiomede,

It’s will be available on this link.

Thanks for understanding the risks associated with this market. Many times, it makes operations difficult with cryptocurrency. :pray:

Thanks sir! :heart_hands:

1 Like

Hello Charchit, thank you for submitting this grant proposal!

The genesis of this grant intrigues me. For instance, was the concept of a landing page brought up or requested during one of your previous meet-ups? Furthermore, could you elaborate on what precisely constitutes a “landing page”? Is it meant to serve a purpose similar to that of a digital business card? Similarly with the YT channel, what subjects are you planning to cover in the video material?

2 Likes

GM mam,

Before starting The Graph India last year, I noticed the need for a landing page in our community, which involves multiple organizations. A landing page is essential for easy navigation and keeping all the important information in one place. However, I didn’t go ahead with it last year because The Graph India was a new initiative, and I wasn’t sure about landing page’s impact. Now, with feedback from the community, dapps, exchanges in this region, and advocates, I realize it’s the right time to create the landing page.

the landing page will be a regularly updated page with info about our core developers and their specific projects. We have three DAOs, not just for advocates, but also for potential builders and interested indexers. The page will also include details about The Graph’s Technical Advisory Board (TAB) to show how our protocol governs itself, and how people can be a part of Graph Improvement Proposals (GIPs). It will offer straightforward info about The Graph’s offerings, like ‘subgraph,’ ‘Firehose,’ ‘substream,’ ‘substream power subgraph,’ and more. The aim is to make this complex ecosystem easier to understand by providing important yet concise information, fostering connections, and setting a benchmark.

Not really, landing pages are a lot more than that, and for that purpose, we already have Twitter. :slight_smile:

The YouTube channel will initially focus on general web3 topics to attract a broader audience. We’ll provide simple content while periodically delving into in-depth discussions about The Graph, including its offerings, GIPs, and forum discussions. Additionally, we’ll offer detailed analyses of our Official Blog. Our strategy is to establish a solid foundation by covering fundamental topics before transitioning to more specific content about The Graph. The goal is to set a benchmark in our community, recognizing the scarcity of focused YouTube channels in this space.

1 Like

Greetings

The project presentation will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on March 12th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank you everyone

Graph AdvocatesDAO - Grants Committee

1 Like

Thanks to @Lorena and @juliannaMLN for the feedback. I would like to mention once again here on the forum.

We will not reimburse people of Builders DAO, Edge&Nodes, or any other core developer if they are not our advocates.

We will not focus primarily on YouTube. It will be just to maintain a presence or upload in-real-life meetup videos. I have reduced the budget from $1,300 USD to $130 USD.

The rest remains the same except for miscellaneous expenses since we are abandoning the YouTube channel idea. Miscellaneous should be proportional, so only $1,000 USD.

Revised Budget:

• Youtube Channel Branding: $130
  • Total Budget for Landing Page Development: $1,020
  • Total Budget for Online Hackathon Launch: $4,650
  • IRL Events: $4,090
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: $1,000

Total: $10,890

Hello @Charchit_Web3,

Thank you for the proposal. I have a few questions to gain a deeper understanding of the proposal:

• Could you please provide some insight into the type of landing page we are planning to create? Do we have any specific UX designs ready?
  • Would you be able to break down the online hackathon into smaller, more digestible components? This would greatly assist in enhancing our comprehension and impact of the event.
  • Regarding our plans for in-person events, could you kindly share details such as the number of events we’re considering and the cities in which they are planning to take place?

Pls refer the presentation Recording.

Nope, We will work once it’s approve.

Can you pls elaborate on components part ?

For number of events we have mentioned above. Will decide cities on the go.

I have gone through the presentation recording. The proposal seems very ambitious at first glance, but currently, it lacks many minute-level details. @Charchit_Web3 if you could prepare a detailed document outlining every action you have mentioned, it would not only be helpful but also help in understanding the potential impact.

GM again @abhinav_dapplooker,
Here you will find every detail. We have cancelled our plan for YouTube plans since it will involve additional responsibility when it comes to maintaining quality. For more minute details, once the grant or idea is approved, we will start working on that.

Completing a grant is a very subjective matter, and it’s more about planning based on the current situation rather than planning everything in advance with a perfectionist mindset. For instance, if we’re planning in-person events in June and suddenly find out that the university has changed its schedule, or if we intend to execute a hackathon but another player suddenly launches one, we would need to postpone our plans. It can never work this way. I hope you understand.

If you can ask anything specific, it will help me to answer more precisely.

Thank you Charchit for taking the time to answer any concerns as it helps to clarify your initiative and vision

About this part, can you explain why you can’t establish a blog hub on Hashnode for all the Advocates from The Graph India to post under this blog it will give more exposure to their work with improved SEO results than any Landing Page and it would serve The Graph, The Graph India and The Advocates?

You can spend some time with the Advocates working on it from design, to creating content to translations, to keep updating the community with the latest news with Hasnode capabilities and this would enable us and The Graph Ecosystem to help shed light on this blog with better marketing strategies

Also, this gives a better chance for the Advocates participating to be compensated and for their work to be assessed, recognized and credited within the AdvocatesDAO records for the sake of their Advocate’s Points and history

Kindly provide more details, this seems a little vague
What makes it different from last year’s online Hackathon (Graph-a-thon)?

gm @PeterPan

It is there check this out.

Till now i havn’t uploaded this Doc. Since we are still in contact with Projects but Here it is. This will be showcasing our Decentralised network having $3,000 in Bounties. Rest for preparing developer tooling and resources.

We will also try to take it to hybrid. If we get commitments from our Partners out which i got some during ETH DENVER.

GM DAO,

Since submitting this grant on February 17th, a lot of things have happened in my personal life affecting my mental health. Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to take on this significant responsibility. I will now only focus on organizing in-real-life (IRL) meetups, as they are the most essential. Consequently, I am discontinuing the Hackathon project. Due to my health issues, I would like to mention that this grant will cover the entire year 2024. We will slowly roll out 10 events in different cities such as Jaipur, Mumbai, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Bangalore, and New Delhi, tentatively. Additionally, I will not be able to lead the team at The Graph India. From now If anyone says The Graph India. Me and Foundation will only be in charge of it. I will only be an individual contributor to this grant (If DAO validates/ approves this Idea).

Other advocates will serve as external contributors. Where reimbursement will not be from us. It will be only for logistics.

Revised Budget:

• YouTube Channel Branding: $130
  • IRL Events: $4,090
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: $1,000

TOTAL: $5,220

Note: The Graph Pune is Completely different Grant. Is not associated to The Graph India by any means.

Hello, I think you should present another proposal explaining the ideas, have a budget and the team.

The DAO requires the proposal of the to-be-involved advocates so that the process of reimbursements and advocate grants can be processed swiftly, without the need to contact and confirm the names every time that a new request is submitted.

Do I understand correctly that this proposal is not revoked?

It’s difficult to provide a name in advance it’s a spontaneous show where we need to figure out who can contribute at the moment. This will also ensure that if a new advocate joins in between, they can participate.

yes