Grant Proposal: The Graph India (GraphGurus)

Thanks Paolo,

Tue, 20th 16:00 UTC (21:30 IST)
This time would be okay. :white_check_mark:

My fault, there is already a meeting at 10:00 UTC, it means 15:30 IST, always on Tue, 20th June.
If this works for you, I will add your segment.

1 Like

It will work. :saluting_face:
15:30 IST, Tue, 20th June

1 Like

Perfect, you are booked for Tue, 20th June at 15:30 IST.

2 Likes

I look forward to the talk, it was good to meet you at the first town hall. This looks like a great proposal.

Promising proposal. Looking forward to work with you guys. Let’s make this big :rocket:

1 Like

It will be fun onboarding BUIDLers :brick: :rocket: from India in The Graph Ecosystem :saluting_face:

1 Like

Our Dao Presentation for funding:

1 Like

After watching the presentation I still have one question in my mind (sorry if it was mentioned and I didn’t catch it). In your budget under ‘online presence’ there is a spending for online advertising $200 included and also under ‘partnership with Indian tech communities’ you’re planning to invest $300 in promotional activities. I wonder what specific activities are meant with online advertising and promotional activities and would like to ask you to explain that in detail, please.

I should probably already inform you that we don’t have such tradition of funding any advertising or promotional activities as a rule when it comes to community grants.

Thank you in advance for your response!

GM
Hope you are doing Great

We meant activities related to inviting influencer, Twitter ads or outsourcing work from Marketer.

For this part here promotional activities includes Poster/banner, stickers or any kind of Goodies.

While the second item $300 (posters/banners, stickers etc.) is completely OK, the first one - inviting influencers or marketers, paying for ads is an activity the DAO does not support and has no past experience supporting. I would appreciate if you could focus on promotion activities without paid marketing and exclude that from the budget.

I hope that it this change can be accommodated without causing significant problems :crossed_fingers:t2: :purple_heart:

GM MAM

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the clarification regarding the DAO’s limitations regarding inorganic marketing. Moving forward, I understand that it would be prudent to exclude such activities from the budget.

Please let me know if there are any further adjustments or modifications required, as I am committed to ensuring that our marketing strategy aligns with the DAO’s objectives and restrictions.

2 Likes

Great! I’m now in full support for this grant and vote YES :slight_smile:

Thank you!

3 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

2 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Create a strong Online presence for The Graph India community

• Build an On-ground presence with recurring local meetups

• Build the GraphGuru infrastructure and local Graph chapters

• Supporting The Graph at major events

• Strategic partnerships with key projects in India

• Deliverables

• GraphGuru Setup: 11 in Numbers

• Local Networking Meetups: 10 in Numbers

• Partnership with Indian Tech Communities

• Increase online presence for The Graph India official social channels

• Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 8,650 USD

• Token: GRT

• Token Amount: 79,533 GRT

• Disbursement Schedule

• Initial Funding: 50%

• Upon Completion: 50% (after 60 days of grant initial funding)

• Term Length

• Start Date: 20/07/2023

• End Date: 20/12/2023

• Receiving ETH Address: 0xd3D9eAe9e730b686aA29f06963680F2AD7Cd7741

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

We’ve made good progress and want to keep growing The Graph India and helping the web3 community. So, we’re asking for the remaining round of the current grant funding. This will help us do more, engage the community better, and keep working on our exciting plans.

We promise to be clear, accountable, and make a positive impact. Sharing our balance sheet internally with DAO members is also something we’d like to do. We hope you’ll support us for another round, and we’re excited to keep going.

To check our progress update, please refer to the document below, section 4 Progress Update.
Thanks so much for your cooperation and support

4 Likes

It is really great to work in the highly motivated environment of The Graph India. I have learned a lot in this journey with @Charchit_Web3 and @Megabyte

2 Likes

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thank you for contributing to the growth of The Graph and web3 ecosystem.

Now it’s time to focus on promoting your accomplishments! If you haven’t already done so, evaluate different ways to showcase your grant across different platforms, such as Twitter, the Graph Forum, Discord, Telegram or LinkedIn. Also feel free to reach out in the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server to seek help from others to promote your grant.

For information in how to getting paid for your grant, have a look at our official documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

1 Like

Project Overview: The Graph India’s Impact on The Graph Ecosystem

Grant Recipient: The Graph India
Grant Agreement Commit-Hash: 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205
Grant Amount: $8,650 USD / 79,533 GRT
Grant Term Length: July 20, 2023 - December 20, 2023

Executive Summary:
Introduction: The Graph India became a recognized force in web3. Big names like Eth Global, Zk-sync, and Circle started noticing us. Our community became a go-to place for advocates looking to contribute to decentralized tech.

Key Achievements:

1. Recognition and Acknowledgment: We gained attention and respect from major players in web3, solidifying our position as an important community.

2. GraphAThon’s Success: Our GraphAThon event attracted a lot of attention online, bringing in early subgraph developers within our indian ecosystem.

3. Introducing Newcomers: Our ‘Navigating Web3 with The Graph India’ program introduced fresh faces to web3, helping people explore decentralized tech.

4. Support and Collaborations: We backed The Graph Foundation at PUSH BRB, Eth India with grants and sponsored hackathons in Kochi. We also supported ConnectVerse’s impactful work.

5. Talent Addition and Representation: @Megabyte & @0x_yasshhh joined us and are dedicated to our cause. Yash represented The Graph at conferences like WEB3Conf Goa and NEAR APAC plans to contribute more.

6. Technical Contributions: Megabytes’s simple and top-notch technical blogs helped many understand complex web3 concepts easily.

Challenges Faced: Initially, forming a strong team and managing work was tough. But with the help of @Megabyte and @0x_yasshhh, introduced by @pdiomede, things improved. Managing logistics was a challenge, but I worked hard to ensure timely shipping, although it was a costly and nightmarish experience. Thanks to The Graph Foundation and @pdiomede, they understood and comes to our Aid.

Getting people to understand and contribute to GIPs is tough. We’re still figuring it out. Also, it’s hard to find developers for Firehose and substream, apart from subgraphs. But I believe if our team has come this far, we can reach Firehose and substream too.

Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - Achievements:

1. Online Presence:
  • Social Media Followers:
    • Twitter: [Initial: 183, Final: 663]
    • Linkedin: [Initial: 0, Final: 471]
    • Telegram: [Initial: 20, Final: 851]
    • Github: [Initial: 0, Final: 19]
  1. Local Networking Meetups:
  • Number of Meetups Held: 13
  • Attendee Engagement: 1,432
  1. Partnership with Indian Tech Communities:
  • Number of Partnerships Established: 14
  • Collaboration Outcomes: Hack4Bengal, GraphAThon, Hach4Arch
  1. Supporting The Graph at Major Events:
  • Event 1:
    • PUSH BRB: 6 Additional Events other than this Grant
    • Outcome: 6 Projects on The Graph
  • Event 2:
    • Eth India: Swags, Booth Management build key Relationships for The Graph
    • Outcome: Smooth conduct of Hackathon
  • Event 3:
    • Private Lunch in Collaboration with Edge & Nodes: Managed Logistics also made sure our Advocates get good exposure to founders.
    • Outcome: The lunch went well, helping different dApps and projects connect smoothly with The Graph.
  1. Increase in The Graph India’s Team:
  • Metrics: Almost 60+ new advocates

Financial Report:

Acknowledgment and Future Plans:

Thank you, Graph AdvocatesDAO, for the grant. In 2024, we’ll launch a YouTube channel to gather more community contributions for the GIPs. We aim to increase participation in The Graph’s New Era.

Attachments:

THESE ARE TOTAL 13 in Numbers

Link to PUDUCHERRY Virtual workshop 54:00 mins onwards CLICK HERE

Workshop Link

https://medium.com/the-graph-indian

See you all in 2024!!! :saluting_face: :grinning: :blush:

5 Likes