Grant Proposal: The Graph India - 2024

Grant ID: 8687zjdfd

Summary:

We Plan to Organise 10 Meetups Pan India. Fostering deeper connections within Advocates, Builders and Ecosystem Partners.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The Graph India’s plan for 2024, emphasizing key meetups. Our plan is to highlight AdvocatesDAO, BuildersDAO, and InfraDAO in all activities. The Graph India, endorsed by The Graph Foundation, aims to expand its online presence, foster community connections, and actively collaborate with ecosystem partners. Additionally, we express the intention to support The Graph Foundation/Core devs at major events, reflecting a commitment to the broader Graph community and its growth in India.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://x.com/TheGraphIndia/status/1741756777316962800?s=20

How far along are you?:
I have build a Teamspace of Advocates, helped The Graph Foundation & E&N at major events.

Within last 5 months of 2023 I solidify the Brand of The Graph in India.

For Easy Coordination with DAO for Advocates Reiunbursement along with upcoming Cities. i am attaching an excel which will be updated on the go.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
The Ecosystem of web3 and it’s builder deserves good. I am 3x GraphAdvocatesDAO grantee and 1x The Graph Foundation. People need connections to ideate more on the API of future.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
This time the focus is to showcase complete ecosystem not just the technical part of The Graph.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
An enviorment were builders ideating on APIs will in-directly impact number of Subgraphs being built in The Graph Ecosystem.

How will you measure success?:
10 events in different cities such as Jaipur, Mumbai, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Bangalore, and New Delhi, tentatively.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
3 Meetups in April.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Delegators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

IRL Events: $4,090
Miscellaneous Expenses: $1,000
=> Total $5,090

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
You may check these links to know more about my Aptitude :wink:

https://x.com/Charchit_WEB3/status/1741756669376540741?s=20

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I have been a long term contributor both in The Graph Foundation and Advocates Program.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

Thanks!

https://x.com/Charchit_WEB3/status/1782115618558287898