Grant Proposal: The Graph Germany Community

Grant ID: 2uv6q5k

Summary:

The independent german-speaking community group " The Graph Germany". Diskuss with us about the projekt The Graph Protocol.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Indexers, Curators, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
from The Graph Foundation from Mai to August 3000 $

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
foster & grow the German Graph community in social channels to promote the use case of what the Graph does and help educate people on how the Graph works ( delegating, etc )

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
The Graph Germany Community Telegram and Twitter also Intagram,Reddit , Youtube

Also work with GRT Statistics GRTDataHub.com

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
our community project was launched in November 2021
from 0 to 262 Members on the Telegram Group today

The Graph Daily Statistics with GraphtronautsDataHub. Next GRTDataHub

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
As a fundamental piece of the web 3 infrastructure, it feels rewarding being involved in this project early and it is fun helping to expand The Graph community in the german region.

Community Poll

Do you support this grant application?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

The team has put incredible efforts into growing the German Telegram channel over the last 9 months and has established a lively community that is very committed to The Graph protocol & ecosystem. I commend the dedication the team is showing and I’m very supportive of a continuous community grant. Thank you for everything you do! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thank you Oliver for the support through your words and the commitment within the community.

4 Likes

Totally agree with Oliver, thanks Andy for your contribution and passion you put every day. Also the original content you create is very catchy and definitely helps new people to get curious about web3 and The Graph. Well done!

5 Likes

I’m totally in support of this. The consistency and uniqueness of content, coupled with steady effort to growing the German Community.

6 Likes

As a Grant Committee member I can say that the heart grows to see so spontaneous and positive response from the Community, it is very reassuring! I have to ask though for some additional information the proposal is missing, in my opinion.

Firstofall, many Community members may wonder how was the previous funding utilized and where is the increase in funding coming from?

What are your objectives for the future, is the grant supposed to cover the cost of further maintenance of the project, or are you planning to actively look for potential new joiners by promoting the German Community? If so, how are you planning to do it?

I was never involved in the German Community, so from my perspective it looks like this: you are running the telegram group, where more private conversation between participants can take place; you are also collaborating with Graphonauts; and you are running the twitter account, where you are promoting The Graph ecosystem and web3. Am I missing something else, is there anything more to it?

Can you specify what was your part in creation of GRTDataHub, to which you’ve provided the link?

I would love to see goals, milestones, draft of your action plan, something which would help me to see the direction of the initiative.

And maybe one last question just to be clear: is this initiative addressed to the Germans only, or to all German speaking nationalities (DACH countries)? If so, have you already make some attempts to expand your outreach to this other countries? If so, how did you do it? If not, do you plan to do it?

Thank you in advance for your response!

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your support and the legitimate question. Unfortunately I’m lying in bed with Corona without strength. I therefore ask that I can explain this in detail after Corona.:pensive:

1 Like

Thanks for providing this update, sorry to hear about that. Take your time and get well :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I feel your pain, I was through this as well couple of weeks ago :frowning: We will come back to this, no rush! Get well soon!

4 Likes

The work of the TheGraph Germany community is truly admirable. I have no doubt that it will make our community better!

I’m also very sorry, I hope you get well soon!

6 Likes

I agree that the German community is doing good work! I do also agree with Julianna that a breakdown of costs would be helpful. It seems to me like a lot of money for an online community to use. Are you organising events with it? Giveaways? What is the money going to? Wish you well and looking forward to the answer.

2 Likes

First of all, thank you very much for asking me to be a member of the Funding Committee. The question is of course justified for which increase the financing is in the foreground.

In the run-up, we were busy building the German-speaking community

Which started with Crypto Ai in November 2021.

Each of us runs our own Twitter account and together we run The Germany on Twitter and the Telegram channel.

The funds were sufficient to cover the running costs for software, internet and creator licenses as well as translations.

Also as part of your own reward for your time.

GRTDATAHUB emerged from doll while he is responsible for the development and software, I took care of creating the statistics and on platforms like reddit discord, instagram.

The expansion of the German-speaking community should have top priority and the expansion of active fellow campaigners.

Here I should focus on translation and the YouTube channel as well as presence.

For this we need some hardware Apple I Mac software, and another piece of equipment which should be purchased from the fnancing package.

Furthermore, there is an effort to get in closer contact with German communities around Prof. Philipp Sandner from the Frankfurt School of Finance in order to develop a mainstay at events of the German blockchain community and politics. Establish contacts.

The expansion of the German-speaking community on Telegram with the 3 countries Austria, Switzerland and Germany is still on the agenda. In order to generate as well as promote more subgraphs, delegators.

Funds can actually never be considered enough to push the expansion forward.

This sum was primarily in the room to further consolidate the project. I think we are on the right track with colleagues who are worth rewarding or retaining for their commitment.

Our goals are evolving every day.

We should just start to get through this crypto winter first. And to consolidate regular growth with existing colleagues.

The contacts that I personally have currently developed around The Graph Community around the world should be a good basis to push this project further.

A joint meeting of the Telegram community is also in the room where we want to exchange ideas together in Frankfurt to discuss further action regarding cooperation.

If you have any further questions, you are more than welcome to ask them.

Greetings Andy

4 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

2 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

Scope
The expansion of the German-speaking community should have top priority and the expansion of active fellow campaigners.
Deliverables
Foster & grow the German Graph community in social channels to promote the use case of what the Graph does and help educate people on how the Graph works (delegating, etc ).
Furthermore, there is an effort to get in closer contact with German communities around Prof. Philipp Sandner from the Frankfurt School of Finance in order to develop a mainstay at events of the German blockchain community and politics. Establish contacts.
The expansion of the German-speaking community on Telegram with the 3 countries Austria, Switzerland and Germany is still on the agenda. In order to generate as well as promote more subgraphs, delegators.
Total Grant Amount
USD Value: 6,500 USD
Token: GRT
Token Amount: 65,000 GRT
Receiving ETH Address: stadtkoblenz.eth

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

5 Likes