Grant Proposal: The Graph <> ETH Belgrade

Grant ID: 861mpht0a

Summary:

ETH Belgrade is the most welcoming ETH conference and hackathon this year and part of Belgrade Blockchain Week. We’re expecting 1200 attendees during conference and 2500 during whole Belgrade Blockchain Week.

There are already many awesome confirmed speakers and presence of notable projects from the industry like Ethereum Foundation, Chainlink, Tenderly, DeFi Saver, Liquity, etc… Would be awesome to have The Graph present as well and by supporting us The Graph would stand with the real OGs who helped us to establish a must visit event for years to come for the both international and global community.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
All funds will be used for conference organization.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Ethereum Foundation (10k)

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
With this grant you would be supporting not just local Ethereum and The Graph community, but also global.

In return The Graph would be listed as official partner of the ETH Global, get tier-3 partnership package which comes with the booth and 5 free tickets for the stuff, dedicated talk on the conference, promotion across social networks and we would give you venue free-of-charge for your own side event.

This can positively impact The Graph’s already very good image, employer branding and attract more people into Graph ecosystem.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
None whatsoever, this is the first year ETH Belgrade is being organized and your help would be highly appreciated and useful.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We are local Ethereum community which exists since the Ethereum inception and The Graph is well known and one of the most important projects in Ethereum community. Compatibilty and mission alignment between those two are wihtout a question.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

I wish you good luck with your first event in Belgrade. But i have a few questions for you.

1/ Can also someone from the DAO applied as a speaker? Or it is containing here - dedicated talk on the conference.

2/ Can you tell me more about tiers? Because i can’t find any information about that on the site. Maybe DAO will choose another tier.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi, Thanks for application.
I consider this application is for sponsorship
In addition to @doxe01.eth, I would like to know what include this sponsorship.

1 Like

Thank you for submitting your grant proposal to us!

I have a few questions I’d like to ask for further clarification:

1. Would it be possible for you to provide us with a sponsor deck that outlines all the available partnership tiers and their corresponding benefits? If you prefer not to share this information publicly, feel free to send it privately to one of our grant committee members.

2. You mentioned that The Graph would be listed as an official partner of ETHGlobal. Could you please clarify the relationship between ETH Belgrade and ETHGlobal?

I am pleased to see many familiar faces among the speakers, and I look forward to your response!

3 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you for your questions and nice to meet you all.

Let me answer everything in order:

@doxe01.eth thank you for the wishes.

1. Yes. You will have one guaranteed speaker sloth, but more people can apply to speak too. What would be the best is to have someone doing presentational talk, but also someone willing to do a workshop.

2. Of course. Here’s the full deck ETH BGD - Partnership Deck 04 - T3 Last One Remaining_compressed.pdf - Google Drive

@lorena Things included:

• Booth
  • Logo on the website
  • Dedicated talk
  • Access to startup lounge
  • 5 tickets
  • Additional discount for purchasing more tickets by DAO members, your friends and family (we would give you a generous discount like 50% off)
  • Promotion on social networks

We would also add two thing that aren’t included in that or other packages:

• Opportunity to do a workshop along with talk you get in the package
  • Free of charge venue if you want to organize side event (Chainlink is organizing side event, DeSci World, DeFi Saver, 0x, Liquity and LiFi too and we are talking with Metamask. You can see all of them here Belgrade Blockchain Week)

Colson (sorry, as new user I can’t tag more than two users)

1. Of course. I added link to the deck above while answering doxe01.eth’s question. I would add it here too but as a new user I can provide only 2 links :confused:
  2. That was a mistake. Sorry :man_facepalming: Not sure how it happened and why I wrote ETH Global. Probably was too tired. I meant ETH Belgrade. We are not associated with ETH Global in any way. So The Graph would be listed as official partner of the ETH Belgrade with logo on the site and shared with all media partners (Cointelegraph and some important regional ones like Netokracija and Startit), promoted on social, etc…

Hope I answered everything clear enough and I’m here if you have more questions.

Thanks

1 Like

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on May 9 at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear. Thank you very much :pray:

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Below you find brief feedback brought up within the committee to not recommend DAO funding that may help you to submit successful grant applications in the future:

At this stage DAO unfortunately will not be able to provide quality support for the event, both from human resources and other means in consequence of the rather close term of the event.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

@doxe01.eth 5 days ago you said “Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.” and now you say it’s decided to not recommend.

Also, votes here show that majority of committee voted for, unless there has to be 100% or this one voter has some kind of super vote.

So what’s actually going on? How was that new decision made and where? Can you please share this as it doesn’t look very transparent right now

Yes, I agree with you. The grant committee supported your proposal, and in general we started some support processes.

But later, there was a general committee meeting and those who are responsible for events within our DAO made a brief outline and a general decision was made to review the proposal.

During the meeting, alas, the DAO came to the decision that it would not be able to provide quality support at this stage.