Grant Proposal: The Graph ecosystem Website

Grant ID: 85zt57nth

Summary:

Prepared Description here: The Graph Ecosystem Website Grant Proposal - Google Docs

We have an idea of developing an Ecosystem Website for The Graph that will provide a summary & information regarding The Graph projects. The ecosystem Website basically provides deep information regarding the project based on The Graph to investors, traders, users, other projects, & partners. There is a perfect example of an Ecosystem Website (https://www.chainlinkecosystem.com/). Here you can find ChainLink provides all information regarding its partners, projects build under them, etc. It saves lots of time.

On the The Graph Ecosystem Website, you can find the following information.

• List of Projects Uses The Graph (projects details, token details, website link, social media links, voting/ranking options,
  • List of exchanges that support The Graph
  • Token price with chart
  • List of Swaps & bridges that support The Graph
  • The Graph Grant details & progress
    Homepage:
    Description
    Header with links
    Footer with links
    List of 10 trending projects on the basis of Votes
    List of top 10 active projects basis of active users/tvl (01node Reward Rates | Staking Rewards)
    List of 10 new projects (cards
    List of summary of projects category wise
    List of Social media (we will create social media profiles & manage it, for example Sui Ecosystem website has their own Twitter page which is very active https://twitter.com/SuiEcosystem)
    Subscribe option
    On each project details like Small Description, Logo, Category, Price, Name, any social media link, and vote count.
    Explore projects
    Display all projects (Grid or List)
    Ascending/Descending (top side) (token price, marketcap, date added, and name)
    Filter option (left side) (Status, Category, product, chain, vote, number of users, TVL)
    On each project details like Small Description, Logo, Category, Price, Name, any social media link, and vote count.
    Project page
    Banner, Images 3 to 4, Video, Logo, Description
    Category
    About
    Token price, marketcap, cmc rank, top exchanges
    Links: Website, social media, announcement, other
    Share on social media option
    Links to articles
    Vote
    Suggest edit
    Airdrop Page:
    On this page users can find all types of airdrops at one place that are performed by Axelar or Axelar based projects.
    Name of project airdrop
    Airdrop requirements
    Social media links
    Amount
    Description
    Token details
    Partners details
    Project Accuracy
    Job Page:
    Each project definitely hires employees in such a case it is necessary to have one place to find all available jobs that fall in Axelar or its based projects.
    Name of project
    Name of job
    Descriptions
    Experience & requirements
    Salary
    Apply

Currently, there is no such page that shows the list of projects getting built on The Graph. It is hard for users to track what is going on at The Graph. Having an ecosystem website like Chainlinkecosystem.com will help the whole The Graph community.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The Ecosystem Website provides the detailed information of projects built on The Graph.

How far along are you?:
We have proposal

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
We are already working on Push network ecosystem website. Their requirement is not as much as accurate we proposed here but you can check our work here: http://pushecosystem.com/

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
There are many projects are are built on, using, or partnered with The Graph and it is really hard to track which are they. The Indexer shows the list of projects but it is not accurate.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The users, investors, developers, and projects will get benefit with this website. They are looking for the projects built on The Graph. It will help whole community.

How will you measure success?:

• Development
  • Visitors
  • Social media reach

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
With the grant we will able to develop the website and perform SEO exercise.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
- Timeline: 2-3 months
- Expense Estimate: 4480 USD

• Domain & hosting:160 USD per year (including domain)
  • Web Development: 2500 USD one time
  • Website management: 90 USD per month (1080 per year)
  • Research of ecosystem projects: 400 USD one time

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am following The Graph since it is listed on CMC and it is interesting to see how fast it is growing.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Dashboards & Analytics

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hey there, I appreciate your interest to contribute in the community. But the fact that most of the features that you have mentioned are already available on the graph’s official and some other websites.

For this part i am not sure you are talking about the community grants or the subgraph Migration ones because for community grants Forum is used from the beginning and creating a platform like this where people can check the grants details and progress won’t be a good idea ?

I am curious how will you manage assembling such a big data, cause in 2022 only, 30k+ projects were build on the graph and hosted service. Also what will be your approach to find the projects getting build recently on the graph ?

1 Like

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to apply to us! The proposal looks good, but I would like to clarify a few things about some statements on your part:

1/ The budget looks pretty clear, but the only thing I’m most interested in is this:

I’m not quite sure what goes into this. So each project you will be adding will cost DAO $400?

2/ What ways will you have to collect all this data? Since this is a huge amount of information that needs to be processed and output in a good way, for the end user?

3/ Not quite sure what you mean here? Can you explain in more detail how they benefit from it?

Thank you!!!

I would be particularly interested in your opinion here @BrainFried :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally think what you’re doing is aggregating all of The Graph Ecosystem’s information in 1 place, is that so? Because all of these exist already, just scattered around.

The idea is great. If implementation of one is of hight quality, like website of dApps and projects using Cosmos protocol & SDK, it would be nice to persuade all interested parties in The Graph project solid and strong adoption potential and well operation.

1 Like

Hello

Before I answer your questions I would ask you to check my proposal here in Google Doc (I tried to post same as I written down in Google Doc but it seems its got messed up).

Let's start with your questions

Before creating this proposal I have done my research and failed to find any website (official or community supported) that provides what I am offering. The simple way to know this, is checking other similar project or sites like ChainLink has [Chainlinkecosystem .com], Sui has Suiecosystem, and Near has [Awesomenear. com].

On this, it would be not cool and informative to have a page where we can find list of already approved grants? With more details like project name, description, team, if possible amount, and other details?
On this page we will show the list of projects that has received grant only. Forum is not affective in such case, what if I want to check the project that has received grant in 2021? Then I have to load more and load more pages of forum to reach there?

`

I think you are counting all hosted subgraphs as project. There are more than 40K subgraphs as hosted services definitely I am not adding subgraphs and not considering all subgraph as project, search “Balancer” you will find more than 40 hosted subgraphs for it. We will add projects like some of them are mentioned on this page “thegraph .com/explorer”

I am not able to add more than TWO links.

Thanks

Thanks for appreciating proposal.

This is one time cost. After I will complete developing the website I have to add projects in it. For example in starting I have to add all available projects (maybe more than 800 projects) and for that I have to spend time to search all project details once I will end up with adding of all projects than I just have to add new projects when available which will be less in numbers.

The main source of information will be Official Website, Forum, Social Media pages like Twitter, Projects website & their social media pages. All the available data will be in simple and informative format.

Suppose I am highly involved in The Graph and I want to explore the available projects that has partnered or joined The Graph in any way then the Ecosystem Website will help me to find all those projects at one place with every possible details ( which I mentioned in proposal).

I might be finding this projects with the purpose of investment, development, project partnership, use cases as user, or anything else.

I checked their website. The information they are providing is not even 20% of what we provide. Maybe I should pitch them the idea of developing Ecosystem Website for them :sweat_smile:

Anyone who is leaving their Vote “No” please ask your question here or write down your queries here, I will get to know what is wrong with proposal so I can improve it.

I see most of those who voted “No” hasn’t even clicked on my shared links in proposal.

Thank you for taking the time to apply, I reviewed all the links you provided and I found that whereas this kind of website might be helpful for other web3 projects or protocols, it is not exactly suitable for The Graph. I’m not technical myself but I will rely mainly on the opinion of my colleagues with a technical background that it is first of all very hard to know which project used The Graph and then maintain and update that list with projects which just started using it along the way. It can be used in a wide range of projects, from really small and private ones to large ones and quite well-known. But I agree that it would be very interesting to be able to see the progress, so I can still be convinced otherwise here if you could explain your plan to retrieve and update this kind of information?

I also believe that The Graph website provides a lot of high-quality information and resources, and other than that we have a bunch of other projects which aims to gather maybe not all “Graph projects” in one place but all web3 projects. You can check out the website: https://everest.link/ which gathers all web3 projects, or even join the currently ongoing project https://www.geobrowser.io/ which aim is to organize information using the knowledge graphs.

The proposal includes also the listing of airdrops which we don’t organize in our community and in a few places there is the name of another project “Axelar” used which gives me a reason to suspect that this proposal wasn’t tailored to The Graph and the community around it. I would also like to bring to your attention that the website for Push Ecosystem contains a few bugs and spelling mistakes, so a good review of it would be needed.

1 Like

I agree with @juliannaMLN that tackling the challenge of extracting such a vast amount of information is not a trivial task, and relying solely on a statically generated site may not be sufficient in the long run as it would likely become outdated over time.

There are several points of concern that need to be addressed, including:

• List of Projects Using The Graph
  • List of Exchanges Supporting The Graph
  • List of Swaps & Bridges Supporting The Graph
  • The Graph Grant Details & Progress
  • Jobs

Could you please provide more information on how you plan to extract and update this information from both on-chain and off-chain sources? While I think the idea is great, I think the real value-add would be in real-time data aggregation.

Finally, considering the scope of work involved, it’s my opinion that the requested budget may not be sufficient to adequately support the efforts required to build and maintain this platform. It would be advisable to reassess the budget based on the complexity of the project and the resources needed to ensure its success.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify and answer questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Most of the info are already present in the official website, for example the subgraph explorer that is a great way to see which dapps are using The Graph. Other info are already available in places like CoinGecko (e.g., list of exchanges supporting The Graph). I believe if something will set apart this project is a curated list of top projects using The Graph, with an in depth-analysis on how they use The Graph, how they implemented, goals accomplished, and so on. Just an idea.

@BrainFried thanks for your feedback & suggestions. I appreciate this type of reply that motivates and helps to improve.

@juliannaMLN I am also going to cover your questions here.

How are we going to get projects and their data?

The main concern I see most members have is how we will find and add projects on the Ecosystem Website. The source we will use to search which project has partnered with The Graph is Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Forum, and other official platforms. Any project that has partnered or built with The Graph is surely announcing this update on their social media. The Graph website is a place where we can find which project is using The Graph.

We are going to use Coinmarketcap, Coingecko, TradingView, and a few other third party APIs to get live data like token price, chart, token details, etc.

Adding projects on the website will be manual process and semi-automatic with the help of 3rd party APIs.

This is the reason why I said that there will be a Website Management cost. I will keep updating the website or projects once or twice in a month and any important updates will get updated immediately.

The details that I need to update is; Project description, Category or tags, Banner & Videos, How they are using The Graph

The details that will get automatically updated is; Token details, Chart, Exchanges, TVL Marketcap, Social media links, etc.

Other lists like Exchanges, Swaps & Bridges, Jobs, and Grants will be manually handled.

After reading all suggestions and feedback I also think the budget is not enough to develop an Ecosystem Website in this budget hence, I am going to review my proposal and share updated Milestones here.

Updated Milestones & Amount Details

• Timeline: 3-4 months
  • Expense Estimate: 7630 USD
  • Domain & hosting: 500 USD per year (including domain)
  • Web Development: 4000 USD one time
  • 3rd Party API: 360+180+450= 990 USD per year
  • Website management: 120 USD per month (1440 per year)
  • Research of ecosystem projects: 700 USD one time
    Tech Stack we will use
    Frontend: React
    Animation: 3.js & particle.js
    Backend: Django
    Database: MySQL
Project Expenses
Development and Design $4000
Domain & Hosting $500
Research on Projects $700
Website Management $1,440
3rd Party API $990
TOTAL $7,630

@juliannaMLN

I am a developer hence it will help me if you have a connection with any project or protocol that needs an Ecosystem Website.

It is not hard to know which project is using The Graph, it just needs some analysis, roaming on social media can help you to know which project is integrating or developing what. Above I already explained how I am going to get projects that are using The Graph and how I will update them.

By comparing our proposal and the information that The Graph website and other websites that you mentioned provides, you will find there is a huge difference.

At first let’s take “https://everest.link/”

They have a list of 1500+ projects but which information do they provide? Name, ID, Website, Github, Twitter, and logo. And please check my proposal again to know which information we provide.

They do not update anything the data showing is very limited.

https://www.geobrowser.io project is fully different from ours. It is definitely one of the best idea and will be useful for The Graph community to gain knowledge.

The Airdrops page is not limited to The Graph, the page will show the airdrops that are from other projects as well which are associated with The Graph). One of the best ways to increase engagement.

I am sorry that I missed that part, I am a crypto enthusiast and continuously approaching different projects to contribute to their ecosystem. Like The Graph, Axelar is also one of the fastest growing projects hence I pitched them with the same idea but it’s not tailored.

Push Ecosystem website is still in development and not currently focused on content instead developing them.

1 Like

Thanks for reply.

The information official website provides limited information or I can say they provide information which is required for their users.

Ecosystem Website means to provide detail information of the project. The Graph SubGraphs only provides information like Name, Small Description, Github link, Website link, and Categories, and other information is not suitable for our targeted users.

Yes, coinmarketcap and Coingecko like sites do provide list of exchanges that support The Graph but they provide Trading Pairs, that is ok as well.

I am already going to do that in this website, but not on that level. I am going to add two description parts in one we will show what is The Graph & what is project_name? And in another description part we will write how both projects come closer and how they are forming partnership like integrating, strategic partnership, their goals with this partnership, etc.

Hi @Akhilesh,

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions so thoroughly.

Due to the nature of your implementation as mentioned in the comment above, I’m personally not able to support this proposal for the reason stated here:

Please note that this only reflects my personal opinion. However, it is essential to consider the community consensus in order to advance this proposal. I’m confident that together we can find a solution that will make a meaningful and positive impact on our community.

Hello @BrainFried the main objective of such website is to provide information to viewers. And the most of information will get updated automatically. The information that requires manual update is very rare. Like I said in manual update there will be only description which needs to get updated manually but we all know description is not a thing that projects updates daily or weekly or monthly or yearly.

And all other mentioned details will be up-to-date, all the data will be live data.

Even in future if we stop working on the website it will show live data’s. We will explore the method to add new projects automatically. So when we are not here updating the website still new projects will get added to the website.

Also if we see other projects ecosystem website like chainlinkecosystem, awesomenear, suiecosystem, etc. They are also doing same but here we have advantage of more data. Plus we are dedicating time to work as website management to keep website clean which our competitors don’t do.

After seeing 5 “No” votes I think it is hard to convince :sweat_smile:

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on June 20th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Since this is a Community Grant, I strongly believe that the Code should be Open Source so that other Advocates can also contribute.

This will increase the website’s sustainability and analytics will be visible to the DAO Members to check the ROI for the building and to decide whether to maintain it further or not.

1 Like

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Below you find brief feedback brought up within the committee to not recommend DAO funding that may help you to submit successful grant applications in the future:

At this stage, the proposal cannot be accepted. There are several reasons for this:

• The helpfulness of the proposal itself. From what has been provided and shown, alas, the proposal itself is quite ambiguous. The development of the site is already underway by the DAO and as statistics show, the sites aggregators and analytics sites in general, are not in high demand among the community.
  • The impossibility of maintaining the content of the site. Since the site can not be static, otherwise the information will simply become outdated on it, its support is quite expensive. Which for DAO is not something that can be pursued and accomplished.
  • Demand. Alas, at this stage, there are already quite a few analytics services, which are both officially provided by The Graph, and from third-party services. Also, as previously mentioned, such services are not in great demand with the community and are a bit out of sync with the goals that DAO has set for itself in the way of organic community development.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger support from the committee.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes