Grant Proposal: The Graph Birthday Buenos Aires 2023

Grant ID: 8686chb8m

Summary:

On December 2023 we will celebrate the third anniversary of The Graph Network in Buenos Aires city. This is the third time that we celebrate this event in Buenos Aires with referents of the ecosystem.

The event will take place on Area3 (AreaTres - Tu Coworking ideal en Palermo) from 7.30 pm to 00:00 am.

The event will include 3 presentations. But the focus of this event is networking and present updates of the roadmap of R&D in The Graph ecosystem.

This is the third time that we organize The Graph Network anniversary in Buenos Aires (now Graph Birthday), we organized the event in 2021 and 2022.

The objectives of The Graph Birthday is:
1.- To provide a deeper understanding of the updated roadmap of The Graph
2.- Celebrate the birthday
3.- Improve The Graph community in LatinAmérica
4.- Meet advocates from different regions in LatinAmerica

You can check the estimated cost breakdown in the following link:

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
On December 17th, The Graph Network will be 3 years old. For this reason, on the 18th we will celebrate the third anniversary in the city of Buenos Aires, in Area3. This is the third time that we celebrate this event in Buenos Aires with referents of the ecosystem.

How far along are you?:
We have already organized the event, the date, speakers and topics.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
We have experience in organize this type of event. We have already organized The Graph birthday 2021 and 2022.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
We will celebrate The Graph birthday and will provide a deeply information about the R&D roadmap of The Graph.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
This kind of event is a way to be more in contact with the community

How will you measure success?:
We expect at least 70 people between devs and community.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
N/A

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
The Graph Foundation for events (The Graph anniversaries, The Graph Workshops in Uruguay)
AdvocatesDAO for Side Event Ethereum Argentina, and Side Event EthMĂ©xico (in process)

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am member of AdvocatesDAO and advocate. We have many advocates from Spanish community that will collaborate in the organization of the event.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We are very committed with the engagement and growing of The Graph ecosystem and community in Latin América

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

I’m very glad to see how you support the project. I would like to ask a couple of questions to clarify some points:

• Can you provide more details on how the presentations will contribute to a deeper understanding of The Graph’s updated roadmap?
  • How do you plan to attract and engage the target audience, especially developers and community members?
  • Besides the expected attendance, are there other metrics or feedback mechanisms planned to measure the event’s success?
  • How will this event specifically improve The Graph community in Latin America?
  • What are the criteria for selecting speakers and topics for the presentations?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for asking.
1.- Related with presentation. The event will be focus on community and not in technical public, and we want to explain to the community all the improvements and updates of The Graph for 2024. THe presentations will be in charge of Edge & Node and AdvocatesDAO speakers (we still have a speaker pending confirmation). In addition of that, we want to show that all people (without any technical knowledge) could participate and contribute with the ecosystem.
2.- This is the third anniversary that we celebrate in Buenos Aires, the first anniversary Vitalik Buterin and many relevant people from the ecosystem were present, the second anniversary we have had many reputable people from the ecosystem. We expect to have many referents of the ecosystem that could help with engage community and developers. We should take into account that this event is not a technical event but is for community. To talk about what happened in 2023 and what The Graph are planning for 2024 (not only in tooling/development but related with R&D and with focus in Latin America). In addition of that, we are plan to show what are we organizing for Latin America (bootcamps, sponsorships and side events).
3.- We plan to have a survey and plan to talk about grants and advocates to have more candidates.
4.- This event will be like ¨closing ceremony¨ of the events that we organized in Latin America during 2023. And this event will be the starting point to announce the 2024 events in Latin America. This 2023 we have improved in a deeply way the Spanish community in Latin America and we expect to increase more in 2024.
5.- The criteria are: a.- speakers from the ecosystem (in Spanish language) with a deep knowledge about The Graph (Tomas works in E&N), I have to confirm one or two other speakers.
b.- Topics. We have had different presentations since 2021, and the presentations are improved according to the updates of the The Graph. We try to keep: general presentation about The Graph, subgraphs/substreams, new tools and updates (migration, R&D, AI etc), grants and advocates programs.

5 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 24th at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking this great proposal on the Forum, I have some questions after checked all your proposal details and Cost breakdown spreadsheet.

1: Based on the Cost spreadsheet, the Contingency fee will include what kind of fee, is there a detailed info? The Food and Beverages fee is $2400, that will be too high?

2: Is there a PDF that include the content you will use for the presentation?

3: How you attract people to join the event, they will be all web3 devs already?

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

Hi.
1.- Contingency Fee includes exchange fees, differences between GRT and USD, and other cost that are not included in Budget. Normally I don´t use any of the contingency fee and I use the amount of money for other event.
2.- The amount includes taxes (21%VAT).
3.- The content for presentation will depends on the speakers (Edge & Node, GraphOps etc). I will include the slides and youtube video in the report.
After the event I include a report of the real amount that I paid for the event. If there is any amount, I will use for the next event.

2 Likes

Please take into account that, because we can´t receive swag, the cost of swag increased in USD 672.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. We are going to rectify the amount of the grant to be USD 4,723.
You will receive the agreement shortly.

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Arrange a birthday party in Buenos Aires for the third anniversary of the launch of The Graph decentralized network.
  • Deliverables

• We expect at least 70 people between devs and community.
    • We will celebrate The Graph birthday and will provide a deeply information about the R&D roadmap of The Graph.
    • We will foster networking and create further follow-up activities post party.
  • Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: $4,723 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 36,399 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule

• Initial Funding: 100%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x73201635125A67aebF560A5431d84138eFd1B8Ff

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifying, I think this will be a good Birthday Event

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved full funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

1 Like

Greetings! @Lorena

Please don’t forget to share your results with the community and DAO. In the future we are planning to create some social posts to highlight your work, so we need information and materials!

Thanks!

Report The Graph Birthday Buenos Aires 2023

On December 18th The Graph Spanish organized The Graph Birthday in Buenos Aires.

1.- Agenda:

The Graph Roadmap:

• Juan Manuel Rodriguez Defago Team Lead R&D from GraphOps
  • Miguel de Armas Smart Contracts Engineer from Edge and Node
  • Tomás Migone Smart Contracts Engineer from Edge and Node.
  • Lorena Fabris AdvocatesDAO (moderator)

2.- The future of Web3

• Mariano Conti
  • Pepo from Wonderland
  • Santiago Palladino from The Graph Council
  • Fiorella Scantamburu from Poap

2.- Costs:

We received 36399 GRT value USD 4723.00

The final costs of the event for The Graph was: USD 2784.78.

Difference: USD 1939.15 that we can use for futures events.

3.- Deliverables:

• We have had many developers and referents from Argentina.
  • Aprox. 85 people.Many projects and Indexers/validators.
  • We have captured photos and videos (share infra with links) that show attendee interactions.
  • We have identified and contacted possible new advocates and developers for The Graph ecosystem.
  • We have promoted the Grant Program.

4.- Links Photos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hSiWxlpFXP8CleBokLFWIqz-PKFYpDBY?usp=sharing

5.- Videos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14DQpqj20UC9KgeRQNRO9y-4sxTSqr5iO?usp=sharing

6.- Tweets:

https://x.com/EspanolGraph/status/1738142812900626804?s=20

https://x.com/ForkDAOes/status/1736901777243668940?s=20

https://x.com/rrodriguezpilar/status/1736889670640742562?s=20

Advocates:
Pilar Rodriguez from GraphOps was co-organizer
Nahuel Suarez Martinez, Ludmila Golman collaborate with the event.

4 Likes

Great work Lorena! Thanks for such a thorough follow up.

1 Like