Grant Proposal: THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT

Grant ID: 86877w4bq

Summary:

ABOUT THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT

The FASHION DREAM PROJECT is a project that is aimed at empowering the next generation of aspiring Web3 Fashion Designers/Fashion Artists in Nigeria and beyond Web3 with the skill of Fashion Illustration; thus helping them to fulfill their Fashion Dreams.
Fashion Illustration is the act of interpreting Fashion Ideas through sketches, Manual or Digital drawing. Fashion Illustration is also a skill in the facet of Cloth-making and very indispensable in the process of Cloth-making too.
Asides the fact that Fashion Illustration is important in the process of cloth-making, it is also another facet of Art that is incredibly needful in web3, especially for Fashion Creators as regards designing their Avatars for the metaverse.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The FASHION DREAM PROJECT is a project that is aimed at empowering the next generation of aspiring Web3 Fashion Designers/Fashion Artists in Nigeria and beyond Web3 with the skill of Fashion Illustration; thus helping them to fulfill their Fashion Dreams.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://thefashiondreamproject.gr-site.com/

How far along are you?:
THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT is still at it’s infant stage. However, this project is an extension of what I’ve humbly done in the past through my school MMENDIE FASHION ILLUSTRATION INSTITUTE. The goal has always been the same; which is to empower youths in Web3, Nigeria and beyond with the skill of Digital Fashion Illustration. So far, we’ve trained over 4000 people the skill of Fashion Illustration.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
WHAT INSPIRED THIS PROJECT:
This project is very important to me because of my journey as a Fashion Illustrator. I know what it feels like to have a Fashion dream but with no one to believe in it and fulfill it. My Mom is my greatest inspiration because she used to be a Fashion Illustrator back in the days. I grew up watching my Mom create amazing Fashion Illustrations using a Sketchpad and her favorite pen. My passion for Fashion Illustration become evermore stronger by dint of my Mom’s passion for it; hence the reason I decided to venture into it. However, my father was totally against me toeing that line. In fact, at a point he told me to choose between completely forfeiting my Fashion Illustration Dream and receiving support for my Education. I was torn between two very pivotal choices because both were very important to me. However, I chose my dream of being a Fashion Illustrator, lost out of my father’s support to further my tertiary education amidst other oppositions. I can gladly say that choosing my dream over my Father’s dream for me made me a more fulfilled person. Since 2016 til now, I’ve trained over 4000 people the skill of Fashion Illustration.
So now, through this project, I want to bring to fruition the Fashion Dreams of more people out there.
If we get the support we need, it will tremendously go a long way to help us foster more Fashion Illustration trainings, certify more students, bring about more Fashion illustrators to positively impact the Fashion community and create self-employment for the youths involved in this project.
We’ve a Facebook group of over 25,000 members; all of them are aspiring Fashion Designers/Digital Fashion Artists. We get DMs almost everyday from people passionately asking to be trained the skill of Fashion Illustration. These and more is so inspirational to me.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
What makes THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT distinct is the educational aspect of Digital Fashion Illustration. Currently, we are the FIRST SPECIALIZED FASHION ILLUSTRATION SCHOOL IN AFRICA. There’s a huge passion-call on the part of many youths to learn Fashion Illustration. However, there are little or no initiative aimed at empowering these youths with the skill of Fashion Illustration.
I’m resolutely passionate to help empower more and more youths through this project.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
As regards our FASHION DREAM PROJECT, we believe that there are thousands of aspiring Fashion Illustrators in Web3 that are passionate to learn the skill of Fashion Illustration but don’t have the support to learn it. We are here for these kinds of people. The Fashion Dream Project will empower the Fashion Youths in Web3 through virtual and physical trainings; thus empowering the Web3 communities.

How will you measure success?:
As regards THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT,

1. For each session of the training, we are expected to train at least 50 persons. We will consider it success even if we train 20 persons and above.

2. With each training, our goal is to see our students become professionals at interpreting Fashion ideas through Manual or Digital Fashion Illustrations. It won’t be success for us if our dear students are found struggling with drawing or totally beside themselves at their class deliveries. We hope to bring about more proficient Fashion Illustrators as we’ve done in the past.

3. Once our dear students can draw a complete Fashion Illustration using a laptop, drawing tablet, stylus and the Autodesk Sketchbook Pro software, that is a huge success for us.

4. Another wonderful success track is when our dear team members are fulfilled, satisfied and able to thrive in their respective skills as regards the project.

Through Fashion Dream Project, we hope to achieve the following:

1. To improve the lives of people, especially youths who are lost and with no direction to fulfill their Fashion Dreams.

2. To help lots of aspiring Fashion Designers to create their own designs from scratch, which will further help them in the aspect of cloth-making; thereby attracting the right clients to them afterwards.

3. To provide employment opportunities for Fashion Illustrators because the project will be aired on TV, social media, YouTube etc; thus giving them spotlight and attracting more brands, individuals and companies to them.

4. To get more Art Galleries to showcase the Fashion Illustrations of the Alumni of The Project, and have more Fashion Illustrations being showcased in galleries around the world.

5. To onboard Fashion Illustrators from the project into the NFT community. Also, set their profiles on some NFT marketplaces; thus giving them more leeway to introduce their amazing Fashion Arts to the NFT community and potential collectors too.

6. To train over 1000 youths who are passionate for Fashion and Art before between February 2024 and June 2025.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Through Fashion Dream Project, we hope to achieve the following:

1. To improve the lives of people, especially youths who are lost and with no direction to fulfill their Fashion Dreams.

2. To help lots of aspiring Fashion Designers to create their own designs from scratch, which will further help them in the aspect of cloth-making; thereby attracting the right clients to them afterwards.

3. To provide employment opportunities for Fashion Illustrators because the project will be aired on TV, social media, YouTube etc; thus giving them spotlight and attracting more brands, individuals and companies to them.

4. To get more Art Galleries to showcase the Fashion Illustrations of the Alumni of The Project, and have more Fashion Illustrations being showcased in galleries around the world.

5. To onboard Fashion Illustrators from the project into the NFT community. Also, set their profiles on some NFT marketplaces; thus giving them more leeway to introduce their amazing Fashion Arts to the NFT community and potential collectors too.

6. To train over 1000 youths who are passionate for Fashion and Art before between February 2024 and June 2025.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
As regards timeline to complete the project’s task, it’s a 2-year project starting in March 2024, with a total of 10 training sessions (6 weeks per session).

The Fashion Dream Project:

MILESTONE ONE: Session 1&2 (Starting from February 5, 2024- May 3, 2024)

Amount needed: $12,270

NB: The funds needed for this milestone is more because of the first-time purchases of gadgets, appliances, drawing materials and other equipments.

What it will cover:
12 weeks Training Hall Rent: $900
Generator: $400
Inverter: $200
100 laptops for rent (One laptop to each table): $5,000
100 Digital drawing tablets for rent (One drawing tablet to each table): $1,500
Microphones (2): $150
Television for presentation: $150
Whiteboard: $70
Logistics: $200
Textbooks/workbooks for students: $500
Sketchpads & Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for students during this session: $500
Certificates for students during this session: $200
Salaries for team members during this session: $2,500

MILESTONE TWO: Session 3&4 (Starting from May 13, 2024- August 9, 2024)

Amount Needed: $1,900

THE BREAKDOWN:

Generator & Inverter expenses (Fuel & maintenance): $300
Sketchpads and Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for new students during this session: $400
Logistics & Certificates: $300

MILESTONE THREE: Session 5&6 (Starting from August 19, 2024- November 15, 2024)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Sketchpads and Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for new students during this session: $400

MILESTONE FOUR: Session 7&8 (Starting from January 13, 2025- April 11, 2025)

THE BREAKDOWN:

MILESTONE FIVE: Session 9&10 (Starting from April 21, 2025- June 7, 2025)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We’ve not received any other funding.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been in Web3 for 4 years now, but became part and parcel of the community in 2021. I’ve my Fashion Illustrations on Opensea, Foundation, Solana and Objkt. I also have a good name in the web3 community especially as a Fashion Illustrator.
Most important, I’ve three of my students in Web3 who are already selling their Fashion Arts to collectors in the space.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’m passionate about contributing to THE GRAPH/WEB3 because of my passion for Fashion Illustration Education across web3. I want to empower as much youths in Web3 as possible with the skill of Fashion Illustration.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello thank you for your proposal
please in what way will this be beneficial to the graph protocol

The majority decision of the Grant Committee concludes to not recommend this proposal for DAO funding. Please recognize that this is not a statement on the proposal itself, but rather an aggregated reflection by committee members taking into account a number of factors, such as alignment to The Graph and web3 ecosystem, budget available to support grants and prioritization relative to other proposed grants.

Sincerely,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes