Grant Proposal: Swollet

Grant ID: 2r65g69

Summary:

The Financial Empowerment Platform focused on gamifying financial education and providing on-chain credentials.

Our mission is to promote and share investing knowledge among our community, beginning with the empowering step of gamifying education and making it fun.

Play and learn about financial literacy, work readiness, entrepreneurship through bite-sized courses. Content is created by top notch academic institutions.

Portfolio Battles
Test your knowledge against the online community of fellow traders by playing the fantasy trading game.

NFT certificates
Prove your talent on the blockchain by receiving your NFT certificate upon course completion.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://swollet.com/

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
NEAR Foundation $10,000

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We are going to decentralise education and create a marketplace for P2P education. We will be issuing NFT certificates to learners who complete their courses and similarly educators will receive their NFT for the work they have delivered. The Graph will be impacted because we will be holding educational information of users and this info can be used to enhance and scale up their learning experience.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
We have completed our MVP and we are now developing the NFT certificates mechanism. We have used a grant from the NEAR Foundation. We have also received several grants from Enterprise Ireland and we have partnered up with Irish universities for top notch quality educational content.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am a founding member of KaramelaDAO (web3 education DAO) and I am constantly learning about smart contracts development. I have some technical experinece in building smart contracts and I am the product owner (and CEO) of Swollet.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am interested in contributing to The Graph because I believe that information such as education should be free and accessible to everyone. Projects related to education could use our data and enhance the learning experience of the web3 ecosystem. I want to create an ecosystem with learners who truly care about education and they should be rewarded (NFT certificates).

Also, web3 provides the ability to prove your talent without the need of a third party and the massive associated costs. On top of that, universities and academic groups themselves do not provide the right education always whereas they create similar thinking people with no critical thinking.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for submitting your Community Grant Application! After reviewing your application I have a few follow up questions for you, please be as specific as possible when answering:

• Can you describe what specific components of financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship will be taught and how those topics are connected to equity trading?

• On the platform, is it just crypto assets that are a part of the content and contests or are other equities included (stocks, bonds, REITs, etc.)?

• Can you say which academic institutions created the content?

• I don’t see it on your application, but on your website you mention that Swollet has its own token ($KNOW). Can you please explain the tokenomics used here, how that will be connected to and used by Swollet participants, and where the value from the token is going.

• Do folks have to connect their wallet and add funds to participate or is there a free version where they can trade/invest with non-real funds?

• Can you provide a detailed breakdown of how the $20,000 you are requesting would be spent?

Thank you again for applying! Looking forward to your responses.

P.S. on your homepage on swollet.com it says “protfolio vs. portfolio”. Just a heads up :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

1 Like