Grant Proposal: Side Event Ethereum Argentina

Grant ID: 86850wzzc

Summary:

On August 15Th The Graph (The Graph Spanish Community) and Chainlink (Chainlink Spanish Community) will organize a side event of Ethereum Argentina. Ethereum Argentina will take place on August 16-17 (buildathon) and 18-19 (main event). The side event will take place on Area3 A3 / Sede El Salvador from 17 to 24 hs . The event will include 2 different sections: 1. from 17 to 19.40 with workshops and technical presentations focus on devs and builders.
2. from 20:00 to 24 hs non technical presentations and networking for non technical participants of the ecosystem.

Many advocates and members of the Spanish community will attend the event and collaborate with the organization.

The event will be pay by Chainlink and The Graph

On 2022 we organized with Chainlink the same event with many devs and participants.

You can check the agenda and cost breakdown in the following link:

In addition to that, this event will be part of a roadmap for the second semester:
We are planning the following events:

September in CĂłrdoba City, Argentina
October Lima City, PerĂş
October/November MĂ©xico (or Monterrey) City, MĂ©xico
November Mendoza City, Argentina

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
On August 15th The Graph Espanol and Chainlink Español we will organize a side event of Ethereum Argentina. THis event will be focus on Devs and technical participants.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
We have already organize the event, the date, speakers and topics.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I have experience in organize this type of event (I have organized some events in Argentina). The Ethereum Argentina side event is an oportunity to have more devs and community involved in The Graph Ecosystem.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
We want to explain what The Graph is, how to create subgraphs, how to migrate subgraphs. And engage and onboard more devs from web2 to web3.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The event will impact in devs for explain in a deeply way about creation and migration to L2 in Spanish.

How will you measure success?:
We expect 70 devs and 150 people in networking.

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
n/a

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
The Graph Foundation for events (The Graph anniversaries, The Graph Workshops in Uruguay)

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am member of AdvocatesDAO and advocate

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am very committed with the engagement and growing of The Graph ecosystem and community.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I wholeheartedly support this grant proposal as the goals mentioned are all clear!

4 Likes

Thank for the support

5 Likes

Incredible proposal, great things are coming for Latin America!

2 Likes

That’s a cool suggestion. With a pretty simple and accurate description of what the event is all about. I only wanted to ask a few questions:

1/ On the budget, I’m not quite clear on the calculated budget. In the table, the final amount is listed as - $4,731.61. But in the proposal you are only asking for 2365.8. Am I correct that you just decided to split the budget equally between DAO and Chainlink?

2/ How will you measure the success of this event? By issuing new certificates, increasing the number of subscribers in the groups or some other criteria?

3/ Will someone from the advocates help you in organizing this event? Since at this stage there are quite a lot of members from Spain.

Thank you!

P.S Also I’m not quite sure if the links work for forum users, so I’ll leave them here.

2 Likes

I believe 50% of the cost is covered by Chainlink, but Lorena will reply soon (currently travelling to Paris).

2 Likes

Hi. Thank for the questions:

1. the total budget will be pay between The Graph and Chainlink. I have include the total amount for transparency.
    2.- The success of this event will be measure in 2 ways: first, new subgraph users. Second new members of The Graph community (and new advocates application). The workshops always are focus in developersand have more users and subgraphs.
  2. Juan Rodriguez Defago (ex DAO member) will be one of the speaker. And at least 4 other advocates will be organizing the event. The advocates will be from Argentina, no Spain.
    Please let me know for any other question
5 Likes

In full support of this proposal!

My only question is if substreams and substream powered subgraphs will be covered in the “The Graph, subgraphs y mas” section?

I know substreams are a huge point of focus and outreach for the Core Devs so it would be great if the developers in attendance at this event can learn about them and how much faster they make The Graph :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Mr.1776.

Thanks for your question. Juan Rodriguez Defago from the core dev GraphOps will be in charge of the technical presentation and will be cover subgraph and substreams.

He will explain what The Gaph is and why we are interested in subgraphs.
After that, he will explain subgraph, how they work, how to put them together (what parts they have, how these parts interact and what they allow us to do), code examples, and comparison with substreams.

2 Likes

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on July 25th at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

4 Likes

Some updates!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on August 1st at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thank everyone for your attention!

3 Likes

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

Scope:

• To organize a focused technical side event in collaboration with The Graph Español and Chainlink Español, aligned with Ethereum Argentina’s main event on August 15th. The event aims to engage developers and technical participants, providing them with valuable insights and networking opportunities.

Deliverables:

• Secure participation of 70 skilled developers and 150 networking professionals and provide tangible evidence for their attendance (POAP?)
  • Coordinate event logistics, including registration, badges, and participant information.
  • Capture high-quality photos, or videos during the event showcasing event highlights and attendee interactions and compile them for the DAO to be able to verify how successful the event was.
  • Identify and quantify new subgraph users, developers, and other Graph ecosystem participants generated as a result of the event.
  • Promote the Advocates Program and introduce the event’s participants to the process of onboarding new members into the community.
  • Document the number of individuals applying for the Advocates Program post-event, as well as provide the DAO with insights into Advocate Program interest and share any feedback about it from the event participants with the DAO.

Total Grant Amount:

• USD Value: 2365 USD
  • Token: GRT
  • Token Amount: 20992 GRT

Disbursement Schedule:

• Initial Funding: 45%
  • Upon Completion: 55%

Term Length:

• Start Date: August 1st - 2023
  • End Date: August 30st - 2023

Receiving ETH Address: 0x73201635125a67aebf560a5431d84138efd1b8ff

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

Report Side Event Ethereum Argentina

On August 15th The Graph, Chainlink Espanol and Arbitrum Foundation Espanol organized a side event with workshops and technical presentations with focus on Developers.

1.- Speakers:

1.- Gilberts Ahumada - Explain Chainlink

2.- Solange Gueiros - Chainlink Workshop using UniswapV3 subgraph

3.- Juan Rodriguez Defago- R&D Lead.GraphOps The Graph, subgraphs and more.

4.- Tomas Migone Smart Contracts Engineer. Edge & Node. The way to L2.

5.- Lorena Fabris AdvocatesDAO. How to be involved in The Graph -

6.- Ana Belen. Arbitrum Foundation. Arbitrum is waiting for you! Arbitrum Ambassador Program and Grants on Arbitrum Foundation

2.- Costs:

Because Arbitrum Foundation joined to the event, the final costs of the event for The Graph was reduced to

USD 1492,35.

3.- Deliverables:

• We have had many developers and referents from Latin America blockchain communities (Colombia, PerĂş, Bolivia, Argentina, MĂ©xico among others) interested in the workshops in technical presentations.
  • We have captured photos and videos (share infra with links) that show attendee interactions.
  • We have identified possible new advocates and developers for The Graph ecosystem.
  • We have promoted the Advocates Program and the Grant program (non technical presentation).
  • Until now we have 3 new candidates to the advocate program (one already became advocate). All the candidates are developers.

4.- Links Photos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18_D8OSONfivm59kgFg2mZ6WCCA-OlyBR?usp=drive_link

5.- Videos:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17YdG4KJ5G_9nuGIgmmFlFDuPYWIO6yd3?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1469oj3qPDkN0hKTwHLt22uv82x7dVuSL

6.- Tweets:

https://twitter.com/evarodriguez_m/status/1691597911346364679?s=20

https://twitter.com/Leandro84D/status/1691598232986542499?s=20

https://twitter.com/favretto_ema/status/1691603620087685630?s=20

https://twitter.com/0xPumbi/status/1691598081492431313?s=20

https://twitter.com/EspanolGraph/status/1691545376099049474?s=20
https://twitter.com/EspanolGraph/status/1692873991612993581?s=20

https://twitter.com/EspanolGraph/status/1694789642778808767?s=20

1 Like

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

Hi, I have presented the report is the link Grant Proposal: Side Event Ethereum Argentina - #14 by Lorena

Thanks Lorena!

Seems like the event was highly attended and had great content. Plus it’s always great to see collaborations across ecosystems like The Graph, Chainlink, and Arbitrum.

Job well done :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thank you for contributing to the growth of The Graph and web3 ecosystem.

Now it’s time to focus on promoting your accomplishments! If you haven’t already done so, evaluate different ways to showcase your grant across different platforms, such as Twitter, the Graph Forum, Discord, Telegram or LinkedIn. Also feel free to reach out in the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server to seek help from others to promote your grant.

For information in how to getting paid for your grant, have a look at our official documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

Great Side Event on Ethereum Argentina