Grant Proposal: Raskat Movement

Grant ID: 864dpchhu

Summary:

RASKAT aims to develop a new format of events, located on the border between music, art, and knowledge.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Indexers, Curators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Venue rental and setup costs

Talent, musician, and speaker fees

Marketing and advertising expenses

Travel and lodging for performers and speakers

Staffing and security costs

Equipment rental (e.g. stages, sound and lighting systems, tents)

Insurance

and also depending on location and region, there could be permit and licensing costs

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
One potential impact that music, art, and knowledge events could have on The Graph and web3 is the creation of new dApps that use blockchain technology to manage and distribute digital assets such as songs, artwork, and educational content. For example, a music streaming dApp built on The Graph could allow musicians to share their music directly with fans and receive payment for it without the need for intermediaries such as record labels.

Similarly, an art marketplace dapp could allow artists to sell their works directly to collectors, using smart contracts to automate the process of buying and selling. Additionally, Knowledge events could have an impact on web3 by providing educational resources that could help educate people on the benefits of decentralized systems, and also creating use cases on how web3 could be utilized in different fields such as education, logistics, healthcare, etc

It’s important to note that these are just some examples of how music, art, and knowledge events could potentially impact The Graph and web3 and that the actual impact will depend on the specific dApps that are built and the acceptance they receive in the market.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
One example of this is the aim to push boundaries and explore the intersection of art, music, and technology. The festival features a diverse lineup of musicians, visual artists, and digital performers, and also includes workshops and talks on topics related to technology and art.

Another example features a diverse array of experimental, avant-garde, and underground musicians, visual artists, and performers that explore the intersection of art, music, and knowledge. It also offers a broad program of talks, films, and visual art exhibitions that connect to the festival’s theme.

In general, festivals that combine music, art, and knowledge are part of the concept of multidisciplinary events, and are known for their ability to push boundaries and explore new ideas, trends, and collaborations.

It is important to note that the specific past work of the festival that you are talking about and the grant from the company that you have to coincide with key points, namely the integration of digital tools in communication and crypto technologies in promoting creativity and knowledge.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
With the help of web3 technologies, we can help our artists receive job requests remotely, make deals with international projects and develop as creative units.
With tools, we have the opportunity to build a new high-tech society built on safety, creativity, and utility.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Your views, and policies regarding the development of worldwide culture resonate with us, projects which your company support are very close to our conception, both from an aesthetic and practical point of view.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to apply! I had a few questions during the review process:

1. Do I understand correctly that you have not held this type of event before? Will this be the first time?
  2. What number of people do you expect to attend? And how will the DAO qualitatively assess that the number of people who attended your meeting actually joined The Graph community?
  3. Can you tell us in more detail which amounts will go to what? X for this, x for that.
  4. Can you tell us more about those who will present at the event? And also, for the experience of the team, the people who will organize the event?
  5. What is the specific benefit for The Graph community?

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Greetings and thank you for your attention to the project of our team!

1. The ascension event will be the second in our track record, in mid-November, our team implemented the first event, which was attended by more than 400 people. This time we have decided to focus on education, technology, and digital art.

2. The event will be in the format of a festival, we expect 1500 people over the 3 planned days, the integration of guests is planned through a QR code that will contain information about the project and opportunities for community members, and will also allow you to track the number of interested visitors to the event.

3. I cannot give some specific figures, but here is a list of those costs that are paramount when organizing an event:

rent 800$

cleaning/security $250

rent of light and musical equipment 1000$

payment for flights and accommodation, as well as a fee for musicians and lecturers ± 2500-3000 $

chasing works of artists $500-1000

advertising launch for the event $300-400

1. At the moment, we have confirmed speakers from the British School of Design offering an experience of learning biology and physiology through a creative workshop.

As well as musicians from the Netherlands (VC-118a) and Great Britain (Mani Festo), who are bright representatives of authentic rave sound.

1. The organization involves 6 people, whose roles are clearly distributed in accordance with life experience.

Our project manager and financial manager were members of the “Invaders Moscow” association, they have experience in financial planning, marketing, SMM, and project management from concept to implementation.

Our stage master and designer have successfully opened clubs in St. Petersburg, played at events in the best institutions in Russia, and are able to build a set design according to the technical specifications with their hands.

Our set designer was an artistic director in the theater, hence the ability to construct a concept from scratch, using all available forms of expression to build a clear visual style, including activities and forms of creativity that can be integrated into the project.

My experience as a PR manager lies in almost 10 years of experience working with people and the desire to unite on the basis of ideas that can be from different planes but come into contact with key human needs. I drew attention to the problem of ecology in the cities of the hinterland, organized chamber festivals and workshops, contacted large companies for partnerships and united small brands into a powerful consolidated movement.

1. I believe that attracting a young and thinking audience to blockchain-related projects is extremely important now when the world is unpredictable and familiar tools are discrediting themselves. Broadcasting the proposed ideas and solutions in a relaxed atmosphere gives room for reflection and invites the new and unknown, introducing landmark projects that provide a lot of ways for the implementation of both participants and organizers, as well as guests and staff.

Thank you for these questions!

Thank you very much! I also wanted to clarify, about these 2 points, if you don’t mind, could you give us some links?

Again, appreciate it.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for coming forward with your proposal! From your Instagram account, I can see that there is indeed a lot of music involved and some art exhibitions. Still, I have yet to see any educational content being presented during any of the recordings from the events which already took place. How exactly should it work, how are you planning to connect it all? This is three days event, are you going to split it up, so that one day is dedicated to music, the second one to art and the last one to education? Or is it all happening at once? What is the outcome of the events so far, have you successfully onboarded any people to web3 space?

I would also be keen to learn what is exactly your experience with web3, how long are you in the space, when and how did you start, what web3 projects are you involved in, and what is exactly your experience with The Graph?

And last but not least, could you please share the agenda for the presentation of The Graph, and objectives of the presentation, by whom would it be presented, and what resources are you planning to use? Are there any other web3 projects to be included in the educational part of the event?

1 Like

For sure!

Our Instagram with our promo, where u can find out some photo and video materials about the first event: https://www.instagram.com/raskat.movement/

Also, welcome to watch out presentation about us and our next step. In the end, you can find some analytics results about it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DsDhqLFBXnXpxOBJ9i6wQg6hhbRq2ieu/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Good day!

At our first event, we did not implement educational programs, as the focus was on the atmosphere of raves from the 90s in the UK and Germany, as well as the skateboard culture, coupled with the free graffiti movement.

So it is, in our new festival there will be a division by topic, I will attach the link to the presentation again:

Each day reflects different stages of human development as an organism, passing the path from the primitive to the highly spiritual.

Dungeon - Forest - Heaven

Each day will be presented with thematically oriented music artists and digital installations, as well as the unique designs of the zones. If the first day is a canon rave, then the next two will be complemented by lectures on mushrooms, their development, and the use of mushrooms to create paints and mushroom art, workshops on dance and visual arts with mushroom paints, body performances, and public talks.
Using different forms of expression, we dissect a person, giving them the opportunity to exhale and feel not alone in both misunderstanding and understanding of this world.

Now we are analyzing and we plan to register participants on one platform that we want to create for streaming and communication of art connoisseurs with artists and musicians, artists and projects.
To implement this task, we also need the support of large and developed projects.

At this stage, we are in the process of developing a concept for our own streaming and communication platform, our team has not yet had practical experience interacting with web3.

The graph technologies are understood by everyone, are household, and more importantly, are universally applicable, which increases the range of the covered audience.
The presentation itself will be designed using projections and digital art, and also, we would like to invite a speaker from your team in person or remotely.

There will be no other web3 projects at our event.

Thank you for your reply @YavasloveSomuch. It seems to be a great initiative and an exciting event, but I cannot see how this all connects to web3 and how it is supposed to promote The Graph. Nevertheless, I will keep my fingers crossed for any other initiatives in the future!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes