Grant Proposal: Open Town Project

Grant ID: 864ec47aj

Summary:

This project supports local communities and groups such as NGOs and local governments by issuing and selling NFTs to develop their towns, for instance, building water tanks and schools.
We aim to resolve the problem of inadequate budgets and human resources faced by local communities worldwide in developing their regions. Our solution involves supporting these communities in planning their development, issuing and selling NFTs, and managing their plans.
We have successfully completed these projects in three countries and are currently working on more upcoming projects.

Problem: Many web3 projects attract users with speculative purposes, and have little positive impact on society. In addition, there are barriers to participation as a user, such as the use of wallets, which prevent the mass population from getting involved.

Solution: Key message: Provide a means of supporting local community problem-solving around the world through an easy-to-use web3 platform.

Brief explanation: Organizations around the world will be able to execute web3 projects without requiring specialized knowledge or preparation. The Open Town platform enables NFT issuance, management, and sales with zero specialized knowledge. Organizations will be responsible for project planning and promotion, enabling them to realize web3 projects.

Impact explanation: This increases opportunities for web3 to have a positive impact on society. Organizations that have already had a positive impact on society are participating in the Open Town platform, enabling them to realize web3 projects. This increases opportunities for web3 to have a positive impact on society.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
The total budget for our project is $1,400,000 USD , and we are seeking a grant of $180,000 USD. We plan to have a token sale this year and the budget is our running cost until the sale.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
We have been funded by four venture capital firms, three companies, and three angel investors through stock investments. And The total amount is about 5000,000 USD, including investments before we started Open Town Project. Investment amount for Open Town Project is about 1200,000USD.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Problem: Many web3 projects attract users with speculative purposes, and have little positive impact on society. In addition, there are barriers to participation as a user, such as the use of wallets, which prevent the mass population from getting involved.

Solution: Key message: Provide a means of supporting local community problem-solving around the world through an easy-to-use web3 platform.

Brief explanation: Organizations around the world will be able to execute web3 projects without requiring specialized knowledge or preparation. The Open Town platform enables NFT issuance, management, and sales with zero specialized knowledge. Organizations will be responsible for project planning and promotion, enabling them to realize web3 projects.

Impact explanation: This increases opportunities for web3 to have a positive impact on society. Organizations that have already had a positive impact on society are participating in the Open Town platform, enabling them to realize web3 projects. This increases opportunities for web3 to have a positive impact on society.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
So far we have no work that is relevant to this grant.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Our team consists mainly of three types of people with different backgrounds, including experience in web3. Individually, I started my career in cryptocurrency exchange in 2014 and served as COO of a Japanese exchange called BTCBOX. Later, I became a founding member of a new exchange called Coinage, which no longer exists. In February 2022, I started working as a member of the economy and token circulation improvement team for the web3 gaming project PlayMining in Japan. I joined the Open Town team in June 2022.

The other members of our team consist mainly of three types of people: (1) those from international corporations, (2) those with expertise in web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency, and (3) those with experience in crowdfunding, web2, including community growth.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The flow of token economy that began with Bitcoin and the subsequent emergence of Web3 are causing significant changes in this world. Eventually, the token economy and Web3 will become mainstream economic and social systems in which more people participate.
The economic and social systems that will be created from now on will be entirely different, depending on whether this significant change will be led by governments and large corporations or by local communities and individuals living around the world.
I believe that a better economic sphere, where democracy and regional and individual initiatives take center stage, will be created by local communities creating their own economic spheres from their own perspectives. I want to support this movement through Open Town.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thank you for submitting your proposal. The funding requirement for this grant is determined to be in excess of $20,000 USD. It therefore falls outside the scope for the Graph AdvocatesDAO and should instead be submitted to the Graph Foundation.

You can submit your proposal directly to the Graph Foundation following this link: The Graph: Grants Application. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I read this is a grant is under 20,000USD, but mistyped…
Can I fix the amount?
And I would be so glad if you give me feedback and opinion to our project.

And what was the amount you wanted to write, 18,000?

Yes. 18,000 was the amount I wanted to say.

Hi. You have quite an engaging project and in general what you want to create.

1/ But in the process of reading what you’ve presented, I’m not quite sure what the value is for The Graph? You’re also asking for, quite a large amount of funding, it’s not quite clear what your funds will be used for.

2/ I also didn’t quite understand your funding rounds. More precisely, did not find any information about it. Can you provide links?

3/ Why should people choose your platform? The point of the question is that in general there are many organizations that are gathering funds for various types of activities, people, and countries. Exchanges, gitcoin and others.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting your proposal and for taking the time to consider the Graph AdvocatesDAO as a potential sponsor for your project. I would like to say that I value your efforts and very much appreciate the initiative!

Although I think that your project is very noble, I regret that I cannot see the way we would be able to support it at this stage, in my opinion. Securing sponsorship for a project like this in its early stages is not something that Graph AdvocatesDAO has done before. Our grant program aims to support projects that help build and extend the Graph community, and I currently do not see how your project fits into this profile.

Having the importance of promoting the Graph protocol in mind, I would still encourage you to continue your efforts. I suggest that you create a space to promote the Graph protocol and build the community there. By doing so, you could help others learn about the Graph protocol, increase its visibility, and attract more supporters.

I appreciate your interest in the Graph protocol and wish you the best of luck with your project. Please stay connected with the Graph community, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns :slight_smile: :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

2 Likes