Grant Proposal: on chain analysis contest and metrics dashboard

Grant ID: 86773t2c4

Summary:

We will hold a contest in our Community of On-chain Analysts to create Metric Dashboards and Reports about GRT on-chain activity. Then we will have our Elite analyst refine the best submission to create a comprehensive and visually appealing dashboard and report.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Dashboards & Analytics

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Curators, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
contest
1st $300
2nd $250
3rd $150
4th - 8th $50
Reviewers $125
Elite analysis revision $1,500
Project overheard and upkeep $1,425

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
My vision for this project is to create a user-friendly and comprehensive dashboard, tool, or report on The graph on-chain data which will enable users to better understand and analyze the performance of the project, and enable the community to make better-informed decisions. Through this project, I hope to create more engagement and participation in the project and to empower the community to take ownership of the project and take part in its continued success.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
here are some examples of our analyst’s work:

https://storage.googleapis.com/dash123/eth_nfts/eth_home.html
https://adriaparcerisas-solananft-a--solana-nft-market-ecosystem-qh76x2.streamlit.app/

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Pine is a community of on-chan analysts that has been conducting on-chain analysis for Dapps, DAOs, NFT projects, and people looking to invest in web3 since the fall of 2021. Many of our members have been active in the on-chain analysis space for 2+ years and many of them have been doing free-lance work for Flipsidecrypto, Dune, and Metrics DAO.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’m interested in contributing to The Graph and web3 because I think it is a very powerful platform for creating more powerful and efficient Dapps and DeFi applications. The Graph is a great way to organize and make sense of the data that is being generated on the blockchain, and I think it has the potential to make web3 more accessible and user-friendly. I also think it’s important to have a platform that allows developers to build on top of existing protocols and make it easier to interact with the decentralized ecosystem. I believe that The Graph has the potential to make web3 more useful and accessible, and I’m excited to be a part of that process.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello, thank you for your application!

In the process of getting acquainted with your work, I had a few questions:

1. What is the benefit of The Graph? How to qualitatively assess the impact of this analytical information for The Graph community?
  2. What is so unique about the analytics you want to prepare in comparison with, for example, Messari analytics?
  3. Why hold a competition if you can simply reduce the grant amount to ensure that your elite analyst prepares high-quality analytical material?
  4. Could you tell us in more detail how the competition will be held and how many participants you expect?
  5. What is included in this section?

Thank you!

There are lots of analytics dashboards in the community already. Has your team researched to find any of the current ones?

However the idea of the competition is a good idea to see how the community find each dashboard and which ones they prefer.

But rather an spending $1,500 on “Elite analysis revision”. Why not ask the graph communities and graphAdvocates to vote with an explanation as to why they prefer x dashboard over y dashboard. For example, “X dashboard is clear and is not confusing, however Y dashboard provides more details for Indexers and Curators that X dashboard lacks.”

I’m unsure of the project upkeep but it would be good to hear more about that. I think this is a good idea on finding what sort of dashboards and analysis each community member wants to see. Also split up between “Delegators” compared to someone who is also a “Curator”. To gauge a clearer understanding of what community members who carry out multiple roles prefer.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like