Grant Proposal: NFT San Francisco Conference

Grant ID: 86859p6yg

Summary:

In its first year, the NFT San Francisco Conference was able to attract around 615 attendees. Despite it being its first event, the Conference was able to attract the attention of some of the top executives and CEOs within the Web3 community; as well as investors and developers. Some of the executives and CEOs that participated include the CEO of Rarible, the CEO of Makersplace, the Executive Vice President of Strategy at eBay, and so much more.

The Conference’s prestigious speaker line-up and substantive panel topics brought attendees from as far as New York and China to San Francisco for this event. Additionally, several companies and artistic NFT groups facilitated exciting and well-participated side events, which brought much commerce, interest, and excitement to not just locals, but others that reside within the Bay.

This year, the Conference is looking to facilitate its second annual event at the Palace of Fine Arts. The conference has already secured an amazing lineup of speakers who are executives and CEOs at some of the top Web3 companies including Origyn Foundation, Tron, and Unstoppable Domains. Several CEOs and executives are also returning for their second year to speak again which include Makersplace, Rarible, Juno, Cosmos, etc. The conference is looking to have up to 150+ speakers and more than 900 attendees ranging from founders, developers, investors, and artists. With such growing momentum and interest, the Conference will not only serve as an exciting moment for the web3 community, but also for the tech and artistic communities that still reside within San Francisco.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The NFT San Francisco is writing to ask for the Graph’s sponsorship and involvement in the second annual NFT San Francisco Conference that is taking place November 6-7th. NFT San Francisco is a premier non-fungible token (NFT) conference that is hosted annually in San Francisco. The conference facilitates a series of educational panels and presentations; as well as satellite events in the state of California. Some of the companies that have spoken or participated in the conference include OpenSea, Coinbase, Dapper Labs, Makersplace, eBay, Rarible, and so much more. Many of these companies have economic footprints in San Francisco.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
This is the second year that we are hosting this conference.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I have been a local event organizer in San Francisco for quite some time. At first, I was organizing meetup events under Tech Girls Socials. and then started organizing meetup events under the San Francisco. Blockchain Developers. Throughout my time attending events and organizing networking events under the San Francisco Blockchain Developers, I was able to network with other NFT artists and got involved with NFTs, and became fascinated with them. I started facilitating local and large-scale NFT block party events in San Francisco. Ones in which would take place at Atlas Cafe; and we would showcase the artworks of amazing artists like Ali Sabet, Gabe Weis, and etc. The NFT events start to gain widespread traction and I decided to scale higher in facilitating a conference.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
Our key differentiation from other conferences is our location. We facilitate the conference in the home of the tech, where there’s undeniably a plethora of investors and developers that reside here. Brands are willing to travel from afar to network investors, recruit developers, and collaborate with the many tech brands that are located in San Francisco.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The NFT San Francisco’s vision is to build the bridge in bringing together investors, entrepreneurs, developers, and artists come together. If Graph were to become involved with the NFT San Francisco, we feel that our project would greatly peak the interest and engagement of blochcain within San Francisco. This would be beneficial towards a lot of blockchain communities and efforts, which. include’s the Graphs as well.

How will you measure success?:
We plan on measuring the success of this event by comparing what we were able to achieve in terms of the conference plan captured here: NFT SF Conference Plan 2023 - Google Docs

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:

In the next couple of months, I can see the following occurring for the project:
June-October 15th: The team has been focusing on speaker’s programming and sponsorship outreaching; and. social media as the latter.
October 15th-We have most of the schedule confirmed and we are connecting panelists to moderators.
November 6-7th-We have the conference occurring.
November 7th: We announce the registration for next year’s conference
November 7th-October: We, as a team, will spend our time on speaker’s programming and outreaching.
November 2024: This will be the month that we will host the conference again.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I personally have a lot of event planning and project management experience. In the past, I have volunteered my time organizing under the behalf of the San Francisco Blockchain Developers and DAO DAO. I have also an extensive amount of event consulting experience from organizing events for DAO DAO, Cosmos, and Stargaze. And I have personally worked as a technical project manager and scrum master for IBM, Yahoo, and Tesla.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The Graph and their House of Web 3 (Edge & Node) community are both present in the city of San Francisco. The Graph has provided numerous tutorials and presentations on how impactful their tools when it comes to NFTs. Whereas, their House of Web3 community has been actively facilitating NFT and community side events. It would make much sense for the Graph and NFT San Francisco Conference to collaborate with both entities having a presence in San Francisco.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Other

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello!

Due to the complexities associated with large-scale sponsorships for conferences and hackathons, members of the Graph AdvocatesDAO have established a new team - The Events Team.

I will be closing this grant proposal as the newly formed team will assume responsibility for the review process of this proposal.

Best regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

1 Like

@doxe01.eth How am I supposed to get a hold of them?

They will have a meeting soon and will review the proposal, as they are receiving a lot of applications at this stage, and they all need to be reviewed, and some decisions made.

You just have to wait for now. I’ll tag them again in our channels. And they will write to you themselves, because they have the information.

2 Likes