Grant Proposal: music makes me move hackathon

Grant ID: 8686656zr

Summary:

Hackathon + Party

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
Event Overview:
From November 25th to 30th, Zanzibar will transform into the epicenter of technological innovation and musical celebration. This six-day extravaganza promises to be a unique blend of technology and music, offering an immersive experience that showcases the vibrant culture and beauty of Zanzibar.

Event Highlights:

Opening Party at B4 Beach Club: A night filled with music, dance, and networking opportunities.
Hackathon at Masai Mara: Two intense days of coding and collaboration, complemented by performances from Berlin’s top DJs and live-streamed by Ibiza Sonica.
Party at B4 Beach Club: A celebration of the hackathon’s achievements, featuring electrifying beats and dance.
Closing Party at Sandbank: A grand finale to the event, celebrating the successes, innovations, and connections made throughout the hackathon.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
one month

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
Yes we have been doing hackathons for over 13 years

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
event

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Align with Key Tracks: Our hackathon focuses on DeFi, zk, Social Good, and Payments, resonating with Graphs vision.
Local Impact: Builders will develop solutions tailored to local needs, showcasing the versatility of blockchain.
Brand Exposure: Gain visibility among a diverse audience passionate about tech, music, and NFTs.
We believe a partnership would be mutually beneficial, and I’d love to discuss this further.

How will you measure success?:
number of attendees, and number of reach

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
n/a

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Prominent branding on select event materials.
Stage-side branding.
Mentions during live broadcasts
Booth during the Hackathon
1 dedicated workshop session

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
icp- 2,000

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
East Africa’s leading innovation hub will lead the Hackathon, offering a platform for tech enthusiasts to innovate and collaborate.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
to onboard users and startups

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hey there! Thanks for submitting this proposal, by going through it i have some questions so lets start:

1. Can you provide details of the technical members in your team and who will be leading the workshop and what topics will be covered?

2. Can your provide a more accurate budget which tells the amounts for each purpose like **$ for food or marketing materials etc?

3. I can’t really open the website you provided because its too slow so can your share your social media accounts or youtube maybe where we can have a look on the previous events held in last 13 years?

4. I don’t really understand the combination of a party with a workshop, i think in events like this most of the people are attracted towards the party section so the real purpose of this event might get neglected. What do you say?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings!

The GraphAdvocates DAO and more specifically the Event Team will not be able to provide quality support for this event, due to the fact that before the end of the year the projects have already been previously selected for support and the team is not physically able to be there and help with the management and any other factors that this proposal brings.

Also, alas Event Team, supports grants that are submitted no earlier than 3 months before the event itself.

We will be happy to see you in the Community and in the future if you want to apply to the Grant Program again with a new initiative and proposal.

Thank you!