Grant Proposal: Hype Squad1

Grant ID: 334ezaf

Summary:

We are building the first polish DAO community around blockchain and Web3 technology on various social media channels - Twitch, Discord, Twitter, etc. The main idea is to bring blockchain closer to the people, and at the beginning, members will not know that they are using blockchain to form, vote, and decide about the community’s future. So the first part is to make the community use blockchain technology without knowing it’s some new technology.

I agreed with Warsaw government entities to host around 1h presentation in 100 high schools in Warsaw about Web3 - it will be the leading way to reach out to new DAO members and future blockchain users at the beginning. It gives me around 500 students and 50 teachers reach per school - 55000 in total.
Lectures will start in January 2023.

The first acquisition of the members will be grapevine in the web3 community, the next presentation at schools, and giveaways. After we reach a certain point of members, we will start influencers marketing (lives, interviews, etc)

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSiLvCgYA8T05uhwbkbSx1QX-ffQpXNy/view?usp=sharing

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
In Poland, there are a lot of people who want to enter the web3 world but the knowledge is really hard to find and we need more educational materials right now.
The main goal is education around: knowledge, career, business development, and investment. The project is set up for the long term, and we are presenting a plan for first 12 months.
Benefits:

• educated people ready to start work in web3 (developers, business managers, marketing, HR, PR, UX/UI etc.)
  • Businessmen will have interesting opportunities and enter their existing business from web2 to web3
  • New projects and initiatives in web3 because people will understand the idea and possibilities
  • People start investing in web3 startups, tokens, NFT, Gamefi, DeFi, metaverse, new technology

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I agreed with Warsaw government entities to host around 1h presentation in 100 high schools in Warsaw about Web3 - it will be the leading way to reach out to new DAO members and future blockchain users at the beginning. It gives me around 500 students and 50 teachers reach per school - 55000 in total.
Lectures will start in January 2023.

In Q1 and Q2 this will be the main push for the community.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Michał Wojtas - Leader

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michał-wojtas-i-nft-london-8b3b45193/

EXP: Fanadise/MAMNFT/Fancy Bears Metaverse/Star Heroes

Fanadise
Over $50K in sales of NFT collections for
influencers. Partnerships with top Polish
influencers Fanadise was mentioned in the Daily
Mail and other mainstream media worldwide.

Fancy Bears Metaverse
In 5 weeks, we were capable to sold out the
whole NFT collection with over $4M in
revenue. During the sale, we had over 100k
followers across all of the platforms
(Instagram, Twitter, Discord)

StarHeroes
Twitter’s audience has grown significantly
from 7k to +30k followers, with a high
engagement rate.
I arranged the main partnerships with
Immutable X, Avocado DAO, and Polygon
Studios.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I love web3. 3 years ago I made a pivot and went full-time in web3. I would love to have the possibility to educate people about web3 and good projects like Graph.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi!

Thank you for your application! You have quite a lot of experience, which is a plus, also the presentation is very well written, but still I have a few questions:

1. How will The Graph project benefit specifically? In the 1-hour presentation you wrote about, in my opinion, it is very difficult to describe the whole project.

2. In what format will the aforementioned presentation be conducted? Will you travel to each university and narrate offline or online?

3. About universities, what kind of universities will they be? Technical or maybe another type?

4. How do you plan to use the $15,000? If you can, for example, x for this, x for that, and so on.

5. What will be the structure of the presentation? What sections will it consist of?

That’s all for now! Thanks again!

1 Like

I think the grant scope is too broad and hard to achieve. Just to sum up you’re aiming to deliver content (text & videos) for 13 weeks, then build a website and give lectures also for 13 weeks and simultaneously manage a community. The same is meant to be done again in the next quarter but + creating a DAO (which is supposed to take 2 weeks only). In the next quarters all mentioned above should be continued + two IRL events, a community launchpad and a talent platform. This is an agenda for at least twice as much time. If we were to put the timeline and budget aside, we learn that you are also planning giveaways, live streaming, social media events, ads, airdrops, interviews and more.

This all is supposed to be delivered by a team of 6 people and the proposed daily rates those folks are supposed to work for are so low, it’s almost offensive, e.g. 15$ per day for a copywriter(!)

Letting the community use blockchain technology without them knowing about it, in my opinion, is against education. I imagine you plan some kind of exciting reveal after some time?

According to my research, there are 92 high schools in Warsaw and I wonder who can give this kind of permission to hold private presentations in public schools… I’m pretty sure the city hall can’t do it, the Ministry of Education couldn’t care less, and not to forget, there has to be agreement from every and each principal of these schools in the end. And the end number of students and teachers is overestimated.

So my proposal would be to really start slow & small, change the scope, stop trying to do everything for everyone, and think about key content you would need, and create a sample for us (recording from one of your live streams would be nice), and choose the specific audience you want to address (teenagers or business people?).

I wish you good luck and send my greetings from Gdańsk!

Hi, Pleasure to meet you.

So

1. Yes but this is the time when I negotiated with people in City Hall responsible for educational programs for schools in Warsaw. Totally agree that one hour is not enough but we will have one hour to attract people, and encourage them to join our community, the main detailed education will be after these lectures.

2. Each Lecture will be conducted in two ways offline and online. The offline presentation will be conducted in the most enormous hall in the school. Still, capacity is not enough to cover everyone, so before each performance, every teacher in the entire school will get an e-mail with an invitation for a video call on google Meet.

3. Lectures program is dedicated to high schools, not universities, in Poland in each school we have different types of classes so we will also cover technical ones.

4. Hype Squad Budget + Timeline - Google Tabellen

5. Intro / The Graph Network / Subgraph Studio / Hosted Service / AMA - but it can change.

Hi, It was great to read feedback from you thx for that.

1. Yes, the team includes 6 members, and each one of us has different skills, I picked the team to deliver it and I believe together we can make it.

2. We are also trying to fundraise money from different places.

3. Probably only I will be working full-time on it, as a future DAO organization, we will encourage contributors to help with the community.

4. DAO is the future I believe it’s impossible rn to create DAO from day one, we do not have the software to deliver that - in our case first will be education after that we will create a base to make a DAO probably based on an ERC721 or ERC20 tokens (we believe NFT are easier to understand for beginners).

5. Ranking Liceów Ogólnokształcących - Perspektywy

6. Numbers After the bad situation in Ukraine there are much more students in Warsaw’s high schools than one year ago. If we say we have 30 students in each class 5 classes (A, B, C, D, E), and 4 levels it’s 600 students per school. Of course, there will be schools where we will have 500 students, and 400 students. These are only estimations but our advantage is that each lecture will be conducted online and offline.

I wish we will meet in the near future.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying these points!

Overall, it is an exciting proposal, but I would need a change of the scope and maybe timeline as described above to be fully onboard and convinced to vote YES. Your motivation though, “the roll-up-the-sleeves attitude” must be really applauded here! :star_struck:

1 Like

On the whole, I also support Juliana’s thoughts. The scale of what you have stated in your application, I would not say impossible, but very difficult.

Also, I support the idea that it is necessary to change in some way the time format, crypto is very highly variable, and we can’t know what will happen even in a couple of months.

At this point, alas, I’m more inclined to say no. The main thoughts I would like to summarize are:

1. Change the scale, make it smaller, perhaps by a few schools.
  2. Reconsider the budget, I think it would be very difficult to build a product for the amounts you listed, with those people.
  3. Lead to the calculations more sensibly, perhaps collect data from public sources, as well as to design them, in the form of a table, infographics with links given.

Thank you and good luck in the future!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal, and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.