Grant Proposal: Hype Squad

Grant ID: 346ne94

Summary:

We are building the first polish DAO community around blockchain and Web3 technology on various social media channels - Twitch, Discord, Twitter, etc. The main idea is to bring blockchain closer to the young people, and at the beginning, members will not know that they are using blockchain to form, vote, and decide about the community’s future. So the first part is to make the community use blockchain technology without knowing it’s some new technology.

The first acquisition of the members will be grapevine in the web3 community, the next presentation at schools, and giveaways. After we reach a certain point of members, we will start influencers marketing (lives, interviews, etc)

Host 1h presentation in 15 high schools in Warsaw about Web3 (per quarter) - it will be the leading way to reach out to new DAO members and future blockchain users at the beginning. It gives us a minimum of 200 students and 20 teachers per school - 3300 per quarter.

Lectures will start in January 2023. The main goal is to gather a community of young people and educate them about web3.

We already have a partnership with Web 3 Devs Poland and their network.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://twitter.com/HypeSquadDAO

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
5000 from a private supporter - waiting for confirmation. Moreover, we have sent an application to office in Warsaw.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
In Poland, there are a lot of people who want to enter the web3 world but the knowledge is really hard to find and we need more educational materials right now.
The main goal is education around: knowledge, career, business development, and investment. The project is set up for the long term, and we are presenting a plan for first 12 months.
Benefits:

• Brand new community members and users
  • New projects and initiatives in web3 because people will understand the idea and possibilities
  • New ideas and acquisition of young talents - faster growth
  • People start interesting web3 startups, tokens, NFT, Gamefi, DeFi, metaverse, and new technology.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
Community building and education. I used to work on web3 projects, and in each of them, my main tasks were communication and community building - I included my experience below. I was hired to do other projects because I’m good at them. Another can in these organizations was the education part - many workers were hired who didn’t have web3 knowledge and I was responsible for training.

In the past year, I participated 8 blockchain events, including NFT.NYC, NFT.LONDON, GITEX (Dubai). I was there cuz C-level has decided that I have well-developed soft skills to talk with new people, explain the idea and encourage them to action.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
Michał Wojtas - Leader

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michał-wojtas-i-nft-london-8b3b45193/ 2

EXP: Fanadise/MAMNFT/Fancy Bears Metaverse/Star Heroes

Fanadise
Over $50K in sales of NFT collections for
influencers. Partnerships with top Polish
influencers Fanadise was mentioned in the Daily
Mail and other mainstream media worldwide.

Fancy Bears Metaverse
In 5 weeks, we were capable to sold out the
whole NFT collection with over $4M in
revenue. During the sale, we had over 100k
followers across all of the platforms
(Instagram, Twitter, Discord)

StarHeroes
Twitter’s audience has grown significantly
from 7k to +30k followers, with a high
engagement rate.
I arranged the main partnerships with
Immutable X, Avocado DAO, and Polygon
Studios.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I love web3. 3 years ago I made a pivot and went full-time in web3. I would love to have the possibility to educate people about web3 and good projects like Graph.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi,
Thank you for your application
I have some questions:
1.- You are planning to create a DAO. What would be the relationship betweet the DAO and The Graph?
2.- You have presented a breakdown of expenses. Could you explain how many courses will be organized and for how many people?
3.- How is the organizing team made up and what experience do you have as a team in this kind of presentations / courses?
4.- What platform do you plan to use for courses?
5.- Could you share the agenda and topic that you will present in the course?
6.- Do you have think in this course exclusively for The Graph or for additional protocols or blockchains?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO