Grant Proposal: GRTDataHub Chatbot

Grant ID: 2q52f19

Summary:

To educate newcomers and enhance the community onboarding, the GRTDataHub Chatbot provides the most up to date documentation, text and video tutorials in seconds of receiving the question from a user. This instant support in whatever role they would like to take part in The Graph ecosystem will ensure new GRT holder can contribute promptly and with accurate and current information / tutorials on how to do so. Not everyone learns the same way, some cannot easily interpret instruction or guides through reading text alone. I have made an active effort to ensure that video tutorials are also included within the chatbot response where possible. So that all users can get the most out of this tool.

The chatbot will be kept up to date at all times, any new GRT news / features will added within a 24-48 hour period (target) with documentation and tutorials if applicable.

Chatbot to be made multilingual (working closely with community admins and translators). Priority based on active users using the app and community interest. This will take a lot of time and community communications. Not all guides are available in other languages currently and I have been contacted by community admins about this. I would like to support their communities the best that I can.

https://twitter.com/GRTCrypto/status/1558218107767889929?s=20&t=5PoZXTVuderixkNN_FxQ3Q

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://grtdatahub.com/chatBot

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Funding has been recieved for the GRTDataHub app but not the Chatbot. I have been advised to complete another grant for this work done on the chatbot and for continuous improvement if the community benefits from it and supports it.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
The chatbot answers any questions that the user may have about The Graph. It also provides them with links to the relevant documentation along with text and video tutorials so that you can seek further information if they wish.

At the time of submitting this grant the chatbot has been built and is being updated to keep the most up to date with new GRT news and projects. It being continuously improved and is being actively used within The Graph communities. This will ensure the chatbot question set can grow to a competent level where it can answer any question that the user has in regard to The Graph and respond with an informative, educational and correct answer.

These are some of the topics that you can ask the chatbot about, this list may have been updated from the one below.

Data and Charts so far:

Live Data / Statistics
Active Delegator Count
Active Delegation Count
Holders Count
Subgraphs Count
Curators Count
Active Indexers Count
Total Query Fees Count
Total Staked GRT
Total GRT Delegated by Delegators
Total GRT Signalled by Curators
Total Delegated GRT by Indexers
Total GRT Burned

This returns live data as text within the chat and a link to view the chart in full view in a new tab.

Question as of 15/08/22:
*Being added but not yet pushed to live site (15/08/22)

Delegator
What is the active delegator count?
What is the total GRT delegated by delegators?
What are deleagtor rewards?
What is a delegator?
How do I delegate?
What are the delegation fees?
Can I delegate with a wallet?
How long to undelegate?
What is gas?
What is liquid staking?

Indexer
What is an indexer?
What is the active indexers count?
What is the total delegated GRT by indexers?
How do I choose an indexer?
What are the hardware requirements for indexing?
Indexer Office Hours
What is the Indexer reward cut?
How much GRT do I need to become an Indexer?
Indexers Location
How do I compare Indexers?
What tools can I use to find an Indexer?
How many GRT tokens do I need to become an Indexer?

Curator
What is the curators count?
What is the total GRT signalled by curators?
What is a curator?
What is a bonding curve?
*More being added for curator.
Subgraph
What is a subgraph?
How do I signal a subgraph?
How do I verify a subgraph?
What is the subgraphs count?
How do i get subgraphs id from ipfs hash?
How do I create a subgraph?
How do I deploy a subgraph?
How do I migrate a subgraph from hosted service to mainnet?
What is an allocation?
What courses are available?
What is the difference between hosted and mainnet?
What is the hosted service?
What is sunsetting the hosted service?

Learn about The Graph
What is the graph foundation?
What is the graph council?
Who are the founding members of the graph?
Who provides funding to the graph?
Who are the core developers?
What is the graph?
What is edge & node?
What is Graph day?
What is Graph hack?
Does the graph do airdrops?
Is there a way to get free GRT?
What is the Github address for the graph?
Where can I find the road map?
What is the schema used by the graph?

Community
What is the graph official discord server?
What is the graph telegram?
Where can I find the graph community?
What are the graphtronauts?
What is an advocate?
*Community calendar and events being added. (Such as advocates events)

Query Fees
What are query fees?
How are indexing rewards and query fees distributed?
*How to find query fees for Subgraphs is being added.
Tokenomics
What are the tokenonomics?
What are token unlocks?
What is token supply?
What is the GRT token address?
What is an epoch?

Core Developers | Graph Day
Who are the core developers?
What is graph ops?
What is geo?
What are substreams?
What is streamingfast?
What is the guild?
What is semiotic?
What is figment?
What is firehose?
Graph Day
Graph Hack
*Adding Messari as they are a new Core Dev.

Learn Web 3
Women in web 3
What courses are available?
What is Web3?
What is a blockchain?
Is blockchain safe?
What is cryptocurrency?
What is ethereum?
What is proof of work?
What is proof of stake?
What is a stable coin?
What is the difference between a coin and a token?
What is a cex?
What is a dex?
What is layer two?
What is zkproof?
What is a smart contract?
What is a nft?
What is mining?
What are nodes?
What is a token burn?
What is a dao?
What is zksnark?
What is zkstark?
What is the metaverse?
*Free courses and content being added.

*Improvements form at the bottom of the chatbot has already had requests for new content.

Chatbot Timeline

1. Chatbot start date, 20th May 2022.
  2. Chatbot Beta testing phase 1 start date, 6th June 2022.
  3. Chatbot Beta testing phase 2 start date, 1st July 2022.
  4. Chatbot official release for public use, 13h August 2022.
  5. Chatbot to be kept up to date at all times, any new GRT news / features will added within a 24-48 hour period (target) with documentation and tutorials if applicable.
  6. Chatbot multi-lingual update (prioritise upgrades with app usage by language after English)
  7. German Chatbot building start date TBD
  8. Chatbot for German community beta testing phase 1 start date target, before the end of 2022 depending on building start date from 7.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
www.GRTDataHub.com is my first solo project. It is used daily within mulitple GRT communties to access easy to interpret data about GRT, in positvely trending bar chart and line graph format.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I have been a part of the GRT community since Dec 2020. I am currently learning more Web Dev skills now that my app has been a success and I have enjoyed learning coding.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I would like to think the community see me as an approachable developer and community member. I am still very much a novice with only starting to code (self-taught through Udemy) only 20 months ago. I have tried to fit in 2 hours a day minimum and I have not wanted to stop since.

I spend between 1-2 hours daily reading through telegram and discord, often interacting with the GRT community, multiple nationalities and across a multitude of groups; sharing content, and data analytics. I endeavour to create a positive attitude towards the The Graph project and portray the data analytics as a continuously progressive and growing ecosystem.

I have applied for The Graph advocacy but at the time of submitting this grant I am yet to receive a response. Although, I am not officially an advocate but I do often carry out multiple roles within the scheme and have done prior to the launch of The Graph Advocates. For example I tend to cover a lot of the following aspects, community care, technical teacher and Web3 welcomer. I do this because I enjoy helping the community to grow, and providing education to those who want to learn; this is something that I always keep in the forefront of my mind when designing the chatbot. If it can help the GRT community then I have achieved my goal.

Community Poll

Do you support this grant application?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

Thanks for submitting the grant for the chatbot and I must say I’m impressed by the quality of your submission, the level of details, and also the new GRTDataHub application that is unique in its genre, especially with the Chatbot integration.

I believe in the roadmap it will be interested to add in the future support for the Spanish/LATAM community as it is one of the most vibrant Graph/Web3 community.

But so far you did an amazing job.

4 Likes

Thank you! A lot of time went into this and I learnt a lot from making the tool, hopefully the communities can benefit from it too. I will be happy to tailor it to any community and language if there is interest. I can do the initial translations but I will need beta testers (preferably translators) before it will be released for use. I appreciate this may be time but I believe it will help to assist more GRT hodlers from around the world to put their GRT to good use. As previously mentioned, the first priority would be the German chatbot as they make up a lot of users for the app. After that I am happy to support any communities with interest!

2 Likes

Perfect, we can put you in contact in the future with community leaders across the globe so this tool can be useful for non english speakers as well.

2 Likes

From someone who is beginning his Graph Journey and trying to learn everyday, this is awesome!!! Love all the info and data on the application.

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! I always look for constructive criticism for continuous improvements though. If you can think of anything then please fill in the form below the chatbot.

1 Like

The GRTDataHub application is very interesting. The Graph Spanish usually share the information. Great job!!

4 Likes

Thank you for all the support Lorena! You have supported the GRTDataHub from early on and I see you often share the daily data statistics across social media and within the telegram chat. If you can get feedback to whether the Spanish community would like a chatbot tailored to them. Then hopefully we can make this happen in the near future!

2 Likes

Would be great to have a chatbot for Spanish community!!

2 Likes

I definitely see lots of value in application like yours. For the translation part, we can collaborate and engage the Text-Translators Advocates from different corners of the world to deliver multi-language content for it, I’m very excited to see it coming in different language versions as well! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you Julianna! Your feedback is much appreciated :pray:

1 Like

I work with Liam every day on the stats and support his project as much as I can. His chatbot is a complex project which represents an absolute benefit. He is an active member of several communities and I really appreciate his work.

3 Likes

Thank you for the ongoing support Andy! You have helped to push me improve the app and make it more user friendly on mobile. Hopefully a German chatbot coming soon! :crossed_fingers:t2: and then we have a few ideas that we can collaborate on to help boost the German community and give them easy access to new up to date content that is not always available.

2 Likes

This is an excellent proposal and I support it for sure. I think tools like this can be super valuable and Liam is clearly doing good work on this. This could be transformative for getting people into the ecosystem. Super exciting proposal to me!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Tim! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

5 Likes

I hereby agree to the grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Create an English chatbot that allows users to search for Graph Protocol information and get instant responses.
  • Deliverables
    • Chatbot start date, 20th May 2022
    • Chatbot Beta testing phase 1 start date, 6th June 2022
    • Chatbot Beta testing phase 2 start date, 1st July 2022
    • Chatbot official release for public use, 13h August 2022
    • Chatbot to be kept up to date at all times, any new GRT news / features will added within a 24-48 hour period (target) with documentation and tutorials if applicable.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 2,000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 16,666.67 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule: 100%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x0b89dafb9ce7e519008ee51b0c764e0c9ac5e857

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

7 Likes

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

@GRTDataHub: The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

As additional note: this is the first grant approved by the Graph AdvocatesDAO, huge congrats @GRTDataHub to be the first grantee :tada: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations! The final funding of your grant has been approved by the DAO. Thank you for contributing to the growth of The Graph and web3 ecosystem.

Now it’s time to focus on promoting your accomplishments! If you haven’t already done so, evaluate different ways to showcase your grant across different platforms, such as Twitter, the Graph Forum, Discord, Telegram or LinkedIn. Also feel free to reach out in the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server to seek help from others to promote your grant.

2 Likes

Firstly let me start by saying once again, what a privilege and honour it is to be the first grantee to be approved a grant by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. The English chatbot is now complete and has been available for public use for a month or so.

www.GRTDataHub.com/chatBot

The German chatbot is in BETA phase 2, almost ready for full use. And after that I will be building the Spanish chatbot. If any other communities would like one building, please do not hesitate to contact me!

A further grant for the 2 chatbots mentioned above will land in the forum in the next week so please go and show your support as always. :pray: :blush:

3 Likes