Grant Proposal: GRT South Korea Educational Content

Grant ID: 357jq6v

Summary:

What I realized is that The Graph is actually quite well known in Korea in terms of investment, but most of the people does not realize the mechanism of the GRT, How they can delegate, How they can participate in the community and etc. Believe that is one of the reasons why GRT delegation rate is not rising in a steep rate.

As a Korean Youtuber running telegram, youtube, twitter and etc I would love to contribute to such issues by introducing people to the GRT, the ways in which they can utilize their GRT through Delegation, the upcoming Migrations, and ways in which they can participate in the GRT community.

I am proposing to create 4 high quality videos with

1. Topic regarding the overall explanation of the GRT ecosystem and its need in blockchain infrastructure ecosystems

2. The ways in which people can actually become delegators or curators through the graph explorer. Appropriate ways and things to consider when doing so. The process of connecting Korean exchanges (UPBIT, Bithumb and etc) to the graph explorer.

3. When the hosted services are fully on the graph network, explaining such event, the potential it has with the future of GRT

and

1. which will be about an upcoming event (maybe local?) which is related to the GRT ecosystem for future planned.

Most of my videos vary in length from 15min ~40 min, and for topics regarding a lot of explanations (ex. explaining the GRT ecosystem and the roles of different members in running the infrastructure), the video can be longer.

I work as a blockchain researcher also, so I often aim to make my video’s quality high as possible, but also interesting to attract as many audiences as possible, both long-term investors and newbies.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
http://Youtube: bit.ly/bqyoutube180

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
4 Videos of $500 for each.
For some examples of my research/ videos

1. https://link.medium.com/qdiwbbk59tb

This is my medium writing (27min) shortly going over the potential of GRT and its need in the blockchain infastrucutre nature.

1. bit.ly/bqyoutube180

Could look into my videos

I always make sure that the videos are of high quality with deep insights toward long-term visions of different protocols to make them stand out from normal short 5~8min promotion videos.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
N.A.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
What I believe is that the South Korea market is one of the big market existing in the Crypto Space.

However, apart from its exchange volume, most of people do not consider crypto as ‘utilizing asset’ or ‘long term investment’ but rather focus greatly on trading short-term volatility.

The main reason behind this is because

1. the assets in Korean exchanges need extra processes to be connected to the overall crypto space
  2. Most of the people never actually participate in the ecosystem, do simple tasks such as delegation/ stating and more to get involved.
  3. Not enough Korean educational materials explaining the mechanisms and the importance of various protocols in the crypto ecosystem.

Through my educational contents I am aiming to tackle the above 3 main problems.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

1. https://link.medium.com/qdiwbbk59tb (Korean about GRT)
  2. https://link.medium.com/lj2gpJJ59tb (English about OCT)
  3. bit.ly/bqyoutube180 (Youtube videos for education)

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’ve been working as a Near Protocol Korean DAO member and StarkNet Korean DAO member for the last year.

And have ran youtube/twitter/medium articles/ telegram to spread the WEB3.0 world to the South Korea market.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am a big fan of blockchain infrastructure Projects. What I believe is that the infrastructure system is the most important system of all in the blockchain space, and keeping it decentralized is one of our biggest challenges of the century.

Plus, for me WEB3.0= Semantic Web+ Decentralization of Data, and to make WEB3.0 a reality I believe decentralization of Data is the most important aspect of all.

The Graph offers a unique solution to the blockchain indexing sector which solves such issues so I wanted to find ways to contribute to the system through my local area to make the future of WEB3.0 achievable for all of us.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote (Closes on Nov 17th)

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hello! Thank for submitting this grant proposal!

I like the videos on your channel and I think it the proposed videos would be a great way to further educate the Korean graph community.

1 Like

Hi Colson!
Thank you for your words!
Really looking forward to doing this when it gets passed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @BQ.David,

Thanks for submitting your Community Grant application! It seems like you have a great understanding of the value of The Graph and a clear vision for how to help GRT holders become Delegators, which is excellent. After reviewing your application, I have one follow up questions for you:

• I thought your USDT 8% video was very thorough and a great step-by-step guide. That said, are you familiar with the educational videos of The Graph that already exist? If so, can you describe how the new videos you are proposing would provide more value than translating the existing ones?

Thank you again for applying! Looking forward to your response.

4 Likes

Hi Mr.1776

Thank you for the reply & comment

For the question,
Again thank you, was a short video explaining about the CEFI platform. Yes I am familiar that there are some educational videos available for GRT. A lot of them in English also.

For the answer:
First of all, I’m quite sure that there is no video explaining the process of connecting the Korean exchanges to the Graph explorer. Korean exchanges have strict travel rules, which adds a extra process in connecting Korean users to the GRT ecosystem, and I believe I could be of great help in going over the process. Besides, this will only be one part of the 4 videos proposed!

Secondly, for the overall education of GRT ecosystem, I am not planning to put a simple video that solely focuses on basic information, but am ready to introduce additional info about the ways in checking the ecosystem, number of indexers, the way in which GRT holders can utilize the GRT explorer for their own benefit, and other analyzing tools provided by the GRT community to keep track with the ecosystem + my own perspective about the blockchain infrastructure system, its value and the future ahead. Without insight/ personal opinion and data to support the claims, I believe that people won’t really look into the video so I always try to make my video high quality as possible to differentiate from other content creators. (But not too difficult to comprehend since this scares viewers away)

(Some basic information of course, could be redundant with other videos, however, I believe although there are dozens of contents in English, for people who do not speak English it is just impossible for people to understand, view this kind of information through media and this is being a huge problem for alot of the GRT holders/ potential people who are interested in the Korean communities. And would really love to be of help to both the Korean community and the GRT community.

Last, of all, I believe that I have a wide pool of community in Korea to actually make the contents viewable/ exposed to the public to a higher degree. Besides the quality of the information, I believe that without enough exposure to the public, it often gets forgotten/ not viewed or read by the people who are interested or are potential members of the GRT ecosystem. And I hope to contribute toward this problem!

Thanks for the reply again,

BQ (David),

4 Likes

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your offer! The videos are created well, and it is clear that you are doing your best in their creation. I have just one question:

1. During which time do you plan to create the video and how many views do you expect?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks a ton for your response. This really helped clarify things for me.

1 Like

Hi this is BQ (David),

Thanks for your reply!
For the first 3 videoes am planning to finish it in the 30~45 days.
For the last video, I wish to save it in case the GRT comes up with changes/ events for the future time

As for the number of views, honestly speaking I don’t have a definite answer for it.
My videos vary from 1.5k ~20k views depending on how attractive it is to the audience,
so am not sure about the definite views but I could ascertain that I do my best in achieving the maximum result!

1 Like

No problem,
Thanks for your comment and reply!

1 Like

Can you please provide the Telegram chat link for the South Korea community hi, can you please provide the telegram, discord and social media links of the South Korea community please? I would love to collaborate with you in the future and incorporate your educational content into a chatbot for the community to use.

2 Likes

My social links include
Twitter: twitter.com/BQCryptoKorea
Youtube: bit.ly/bqyoutube
and more telegram channels!

But I cover wide range of topics around the crypto space so its not topic/protocol specific channels! Would that be OK still?

Thanks for your reply!

3 Likes

So you are not associated with this group? Telegram: Contact @Thegraph_KR

It might be worth joining if not as this would be a perfect place to share your ideas and gain support from within the community.

As you can see from my pictures, they already have blogs that are translated and over 500 members.

The graph documentation is also translated.

I will support you with this if needed as I communicate with various communities that I cannot speak the language of. I would like to do the same here in the future. Once your grant is approved and the content / video tutorials have been made. I would love to collaborate to create a Korean chatbot for the community. I can talk about this with you off the forum so it doesn’t get confusing.

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Am in contact with them! Will see if we have some room for various cooperations!

3 Likes

Great presentation, thanks for explaining how the crypto market works in South Korea because this is also playing an important part of your grant.

1 Like

No prob! Thanks for being there for the presentation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

3 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Educate people that speak Korean language about the Graph.
  • Deliverables
    • Create 4 videos about the Graph in Korean language.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 2000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 22988 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule
    • Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0xf0cC4CDCA895C67E49C37E034B24f73f13EBf066

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

1 Like

Thank you!

its been crazy weeks in the crypto market but happy to work with the GRT Grant Community for the future! XD

3 Likes

Since enough time has passed since the publication of the Grant Agreement. It was decided to send a new one, taking into consideration the new GRT price data. And then continue to work with the grant.

1 Like

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • Educate people that speak Korean language about the Graph.
  • Deliverables
    • Create 4 videos about the Graph in Korean language.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 2000 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 32,786.89 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule
    • Initial Funding: 20%
    • Upon Completion: 80%
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0xf0cC4CDCA895C67E49C37E034B24f73f13EBf066

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

3 Likes