Grant Proposal: Graph India Community

Grant ID: 2ngaq76

Summary:

To form a regional community for graph in India with more focus on regional language and content.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Have you received funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
It will help the Graph and web3 asa whole to reach the small towns and villages of India which have a very large untapped potential which is still to be harnessed. Also it will increase the reach of Project.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I have worked as an ambassador for Status Wallet in India and was also community manager of Dfinity India community.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am in web from past 2 years and have experience in working closely with Indian community of Avalanche,Status,Harmony India DAO ,Wazirx and Dfinity India.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I want to increase the reach of web3 and graph to the non english knowing people in India.

Community Poll

Do you support this grant application?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Hello!

I have a few questions regarding this grant application:

1. Who are the members of your team?

2. How would this grant proposal help reach small towns and villages of India?

3. Could you give a detailed breakdown of how the $20k would be used? $1000 for X, $1000 for Y, etc.

4. Would you be willing to work together with our Indian Graph Advocates?

I’m looking forward to your reply!

2 Likes

1.We are two team leaders Shantanu and Bhavesh, we have experience of community building in Status wallet India and Dfinity India. Along with that we have 10 moderators who overlook the day to day functioning of our community on various social platforms 24Ă—7.
2. As most of the web3 content is available in English it is untouched by the people in tier2 cities and villages , we intend to make content in regional languages and in easy way to bring them closer to the web3 and Graph ecosystem.
4. We are very accommodative in working with the existing advocates as they will be very helpful in our community building with their strong hold on the Graph.

1. Breakdown of 20K grant:
    We have decided our community in three phases of 1 month each with budget outlay of 8k , 8k , and 4k with milestone objectives and deliverables outcomes of each phase.
    1st Phase: 8K(4K for discord , 2k for Twitter and Telegram each)
    â—ŹBuliding of India specific Community page on Twitter,Telegram,Discord and making content in regional languages which will include translation of existing Graph posts too.
    â—ŹOrganising various contests like Meme competition, Info graphics Contests,Weekly Quizzes on our Social media platforms to increase Organic and engaging Community.
    â—ŹWebinars with the community members to make them aware about web3 and development in Graph ecosystem
    â—ŹReginal Language Blogs to make the content available in Hindi and other Indian Languages.
    ●Creating incentives for the active community members who are regularly contributing to the Community’s growth.

Phase2 : 8K
â—ŹContinuing all the activities of phase 1 to increase the reach.
â—ŹForming a Youtube channel to make video content on web3 and Graph in regional Language.
â—ŹFinding Developers who are interested in working for the ecosystem and motivating them to develop their projects .
Phase3: 4k
â—ŹContinuing all the activities of previous 2 phases
â—ŹMoving towards Physical meetups and University outreach programmes to enhance the community of Graph in India

Hi!

Thank you for those answers.

1. Do you happen to have links to work you’ve done as an ambassador and community manager?
  2. Do you have links to your experience from working closely with Indian community of Avalanche,Status,Harmony India DAO ,Wazirx and Dfinity India?

Thank you for your time in answering these questions.

1 Like

Hello,
What kind of links you want .Please be more specific .
Like the status wallet has my profile as Indian ambassador here : GitHub - status-im/ambassador.status.im: Website for the Status ambassador program
And Dfinity India page I still operate https://twitter.com/DfinityIndia
what kind of link you want.

1 Like

Hi, yes thank you, that’s very helpful. I like to hear more about this proposal and possibly setup a time to speak about it in the future in order to further break down the milestones you’ve listed. Personally, I’d like to see some existing advocates that are on board with supporting this effort as well. Are you currently engaged with advocates on our discord?

1 Like

Sure. We can connect over a meet or Zoom call . We can explain rest of the things there.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

1 Like