Grant Proposal: Graph Economic Report (Graph RFP)

Grant ID: 86698fkmb

Summary:

Full economic assessment and report on The Graph network economics, with focus on Indexer economics.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Indexers, Curators, Delegators

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

1. Submit Initial Table of Contents with information on expected content per section ($1000)
  2. Final, raw, non prettified version of editable doc (no branding, theme, etc.) ($2000)
  3. Final prettified pdf version ($2000)

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
NEAR Foundation: NFT Ticket management app GitHub - utinifty/niftiqet_testnet

Aave: Java SDK GitHub - alienrobotninja/aave_java_sdk: AAVE Java SDK

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
It would provide all stakeholders with an indepth understanding of the incentives and responsibilities to provide services and ensure the integrity of The Graph Network. It would also help them assess trade-offs between user behavior and models potential scenarios, as well as enable users to learn more about The Graph and go from 0 to deploying with The Graph.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:

• I have led teams of developers, analysts, and enthusiasts to build an SDK and an App on various blockchains.
  • I have worked to provide technical insight as well as provided technical support on the NEAR protocol.
  • I have served on the Joystream DAO council, being responsible for the day to day runningof the community, as well as led the Curation Working Group

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
See above.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I love that The Graph is working on making it easier for people to build and access the decentralized web. With the tools and services The Graph offers, apps are a lot more robust and reliable. It also helps take away a lot of the pain for developers as they build for Ethereum or/and IPFS

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi there,
Thanks for applying. I have a few questions with regard to this proposal.

1. The Report that you’re mentioning, How’re you planning to publish this report?
    Will it be the Annual report?
  2. Can You please provide a detailed breakdown of the funding that you’re asking for?

Please provide any document( if you have any) regarding this proposal to understand this in depth. Also, the link that you provided in the above GitHub repository is throwing a 404 error.

Looking forward to your Answer!
Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks. Sorry for my late reply. I had a little trouble logging in.

I have tried the GitHub links, and they both work. They are both public, so you should not be having trouble with them.

Here goes:

1. I would publish the report using my public GitHub Repo and file-sharing/storage sites such as DropBox. I would also host on on permaweb services such as Arweave. I am using the Graph Economic Report RFP as a guideline, so it would not be the Annual report.
  2. a. Technical Costs (for tokens, Hosting, deployment, etc) = 1500 USD
    b. Research Costs (covers labor, interviews, internet costs, etc) (2 devs and a data analyst) 750 * 3 = 2250 USD
    c. Editing = 500 USD
    d. Graphic Designer (for illustrations and cover) = 750 USD

@admin @admins Hi. Can you help me edit this proposal? I realized I mistakenly swapped the expected values for

with.

It should read

instead.

Thank you.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

Best Regards,
Graph AdvocatesDAO

Thanks for your response.