Grant Proposal: Graph Birthday Party 2023 in Pakistan

Grant ID: 8686eut3v

Summary:

I have planned to organise a grand event to celebrate the third anniversary of the The Graph in our Country, through a series of engaging activities, insightful presentation, networking opportunities, and yes the cake cutting ceremony. Other than that our celebration aims to highlight the impact of Graph across various domains and foster a sense of community among web3 enthusiasts.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
We will celebrate the third anniversary of Graph Network on December 17th in our city Lahore.

How far along are you?:
I have contacted some of our regional Graph advocates and we are finding a spot which can serve as a good venue for our planned event. Collaborative efforts are underway as we will be working together to ensure the success of the event.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I have already organised 3 events for The Graph which were covered under the grant and those events went great as in terms of positive feedback from the people. My decision is rooted in the belief that a collaborative event can effectively meet the needs of individuals seeking a deeper understanding of Graph ecosystem combined with celebrations!

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
In regard to my previous events which were mostly educational or technical, this event will be divided between the segments of presentation and birthday celebrations.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our event aims to unite and strengthen the web3 community by providing a dedicated platform for enthusiasts, onboarding developers, increasing awareness, and celebrating the achievements of The Graph over the past three years.

How will you measure success?:
Our target audience is expected to be 100-120 other than that our event will be measured through key indicators:
-Attendance and Engagement
-Feedback and Satisfaction
-Social Media Impact
-onboarding new advocates

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
N/A

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Subgraph Developers, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
The detailed grant is as follow:

Venue rental: ~$1000
Swag item: ~$1000
Food: ~$700
Musical Instruments: $300
Miscellaneous Expenses: $200

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
I have received 2 grants before from the Graph AdvocatesDAO, the first one started in Dec '22 in the amount of ‘$2550’ and the second one started on on April 7 which was for ‘$3500’.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I am a Graph Advocate for more than a year now and always passionate about participating in the ecosystem and helping everyone. And the advocates with whom i will collaborate, khuraym(became advocate in April) and sufiboi came here last month i guess.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
In my opinion the Graph is a strong protocol for indexing blockchain data and it would be in top tiers in coming time so i want to work and grow with it !!

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Looking forward to working with you :star_struck:

1 Like

I am very excited for this event and it will be an honor for me to offer my help in anything that I can help out with!
Also it would be great if you share the event details with me later with a reminder when the event is near because i am a busy guy and don’t want to miss this one please🙃

2 Likes

Thanks for the support! And yes i will remind you don’t worry.

Greetings!

I have some questions, just to clarify some points:

• Can you elaborate on the content of the presentations and how they will contribute to increasing awareness about The Graph?
  • Could you provide more details on the ‘Miscellaneous Expenses’ category?
  • What strategies will you employ to maximize attendance and engagement at the event?
  • Given your previous successful grant applications, how will this event differ or build upon your past experiences?
  • What methods will you use to gather feedback and measure attendee satisfaction?
  • How will you quantify the event’s impact on social media and community growth?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi doxe! here are your answers:

1. The presentations will be carefully curated to cover a spectrum of topics regarding the new updates in graph ecosystem. These will include:
  • Introduction to Graph
  • Upgrade Indexer
  • The Graph R&D Roadmap
    The latest updates in the Graph ecosystem drive awareness by showcasing ongoing innovation, attracting developers with expanded capabilities, and enhancing the user experience.
  1. The ‘Miscellaneous Expenses’ category is allocated to cover unforeseen costs that may arise during the planning and execution phases of the event. Based on my experience from the last event, there were situations where the budget was slightly disrupted due to unexpected expenditures. Also the printing of banners, fuel, cake etc will be covered in this.

2. Our strategies are promoting the event in universities as me with my team are organising events from a long time and we have links in many universities so thats our bigger source, other than that we have some influencers who help us promote our event.

3. This event builds upon the success of previous grants by incorporating lessons learned from those experiences. We have fine-tuned our approach based on feedback received and strengthened collaborations within the community. The Graph Protocol’s birthday event represents a unique celebration that not only highlights past achievements but also serves as a platform for exciting new announcements and developments.

4. Feedback will be collected through post-event surveys, interviews with attendees, and discussions. By gathering qualitative and quantitative data, we aim to assess attendee satisfaction, identify areas for improvement, and ensure future events better cater to the needs and expectations of the community.

5. We’ll quantify the event’s impact through social media analytics, tracking metrics like impressions and engagement. Post-event surveys will provide insights into community satisfaction and engagement. And will record the number of people getting onboarded as Graph Advocates.

1 Like

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 22nd at 18:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

2 Likes

Thanks for submitting your application @asadus16 !

I’m excited to see all of these Graph Birthday Partys and given your track record as a stellar advocate, the reasonable budget, and the fact you’re already working with other Advocates in the region, it’s a big yes vote for me on this.

1 Like

Thanks for your support Kyle!:smile:

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, I’d probably recommend halving the swag budget. Also about the musical instruments, I’m wondering if they are necessary.

1 Like

We can reduce the swag items making the new budget for swag to 500$ and about the musical instruments i would say that there will performances too by the students and everyone won’t be bringing their own instruments also the speakers and microphones around the venue will be covered in this cost, but still i can reduce the cost for musical instruments to 200$. I hope this works.

The new budget is 2600$

2 Likes

Greetings!

The proposal was closed due to lack of timing to arrange this specific event as there is a strict time constraint.

We have sent you a more detailed explanation in a separate email. We want also to thank you for your submission, and we look forward to continuing working with you for future contributions.

Hi there! I was aware of the time period being short and i was doing preparations along with the number of days still left. Cancelling the proposal at this stage won’t be a good idea as i have already booked the venue and made other arrangements for the event which was to be organised in another city.
I request the grant committee to look into this matter because there are still 16 days left in which the on-chain voting and grace period can be completed.
Thanks!
@doxe01.eth @Mr.1776 @juliannaMLN @Lorena @andreea_cia @Colson

1 Like

Thanks for the support! Happy Birthday Graph :tada: