Summary:

Event Overview

• Event Date: December 17, 2023
  • Event Lead: Charchit Kumawat, Community Manager for The Graph Foundation
  • Venue: Ivory Cafe (Ivoryy.Delhi)
  • City: New Delhi, India
  • Expected # of attendees: 100

Event Agenda (5 hours)

• Presentation about The Graph ecosystem and its milestones (30 min)
    i) Intro to The Graph and its milestones (10 min)
    ii))Roadmap Updates (5 min)
    iii) Intro to the Advocates Program (10 min)
    iv) Closing Remarks (5 min)
  • Networking/Celebration with drinks/food/music (4.5 hours)

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
We propose to organize a grand celebration to commemorate the third anniversary of the official launch of The Graph decentralized network on December 17, 2023 in New Delhi, the capital of India.

The event will be executed by Graph India, our local community led by Charchit Kumawat.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:

How far along are you?:
We are good to go, we also managed to secure quite a good discount (~40%) on venue + food.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
This event will serve as a platform to bring together The Graph community and enthusiasts, fostering a sense of unity and excitement for the future of decentralized data indexing.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
This celebration not only acknowledges the significant milestone achieved by The Graph but also strengthens the bonds within the community.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
We believe that this event will be a resounding success, demonstrating our commitment to The Graph’s growth and development.

How will you measure success?:
We plan to identify potential high quality advocates, and increase our social presence (Graph India social channels).

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Strenghten The Graph presence in India, by continuing a team effort that began last July with the establishment of Graph India.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
Cost Breakdown

• Venue Rental & Food: 42 USD per Head
  • Music set: 195 USD
  • Logistics, swags and Event Management: 310 USD
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: 200 USD

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Graph AdvocatesDAO for our first Graph India (Graphj Guru) grant (8,850 USD).

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
We established last July our local community, Graph India, that has become in less than three months the place to welcome people in web3 and within The Graph ecosystem for the whole India. We have conducted several inititiatives to onboard new advocates and new developers in The Graph eocsystem (e.g., Push Protocol Campus Tour, online hackathons, IRL events with DappLooker, and so on).

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3, without the power of its decentralized network, there will be no chance for web3 to take flight.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

super stoked to be a part of this! This will definitely strengthen the bond within The Graph India community.

2 Likes

Super excited for this event, and more than happy to offer my help in anything that I can help out with. Great initiative by The Graph India community!

2 Likes

Greetings, I’m glad to see proposals like this and generally support what the grant describes. I do have a few questions though:

• How have you promoted or plan to promote this event to ensure a good turnout?
  • How do you plan to measure the success of this event?
  • What will be the financial plan if the expected number of attendees exceeds or is less than 100?
  • How do you plan to showcase the initiatives and achievements of Graph India during the event?
  • Provide more information about the team organizing this event and their experience in managing similar events

Thank you!

1 Like

GM,

Great Initiative to celebrate the Graph Birthday. I have a few concerns here:

1. My biggest concern is that I do not understand how it benefits anyone ? From the description and venue costs, it just looks like a party with free food, maybe (drinks) and dance? How does it REALLY help The Graph Protocol? It doesn’t seem to help devs or the protocol directly since it is neither a learning event nor a conference/demo day kind of event.

2. The cost seems immensely too much for 100 people. I have personally organised events in India in a 4 star hotel for 100+ people. It did not cost me more than $1500 which includes, good food, music system, swags, logistics and miscellaneous. No alcohol though. But $4900 is so much more. People in India host conferences for that much budget. I am organising EthIndia side events in that budget for 200+ people including food and great venue.

So this budget seems like a problem to me. If it is just an anniversary and we want to appreciate The Graph Community, why can’t we do it modestly on a low budget? This is not a conference nor it is some educational event.

3. $42 per head for the venue price seems to be too much as well. Are you getting a full meal here? or snacks? And why did we decide to have an expensive place? Why cant we go for something like $15 per head? I can certainly arrange that or give you my contacts.

The efforts in this proposal seems to be minimal thinking that it would get passed because it’s a Graph’s anniversary. But I don’t believe it. Every grant that is approved for a person/team is a grant that had a chance to go to someone else’s ideas. While some ideas are worse than others, I’d be disappointed if funds that are supposed to go for education of devs to a lavish party just for social media presence purposes. This is the paradox of web3 and social media we live in.

Please note: I do not have any criticism for anyone here, but I inherently believe that funds should be used for educational, or other important endeavors. A party should be the last thing with least amount of funding.

GM

We will use our Graph India social channels and we will work in cooperation with The Graph Marketing team to promote the event.

This event is mainly a celebration of the third anniversary of the launch of The Graph decentralized network, but at the same time we want to use it as an opportunity to identify potential new high-quality advocates to be onboarded into the Advocates Program (specifically high-quality developers). We set a goal of providing at least ten good candidates for the program. At the same time we would also try to educate more people about our network.

We plan to limit and select the number of people joining via Lu.ma as we expected a huge number of applications to join the event.

We will host a presentation of approx. ~30-40 minutes to celebrate The Graph milestones, talk about the roadmap and the latest announcements, introduce the Advocates Program, and present how to engage with Graph India and talk about our initiatives.

We have already attended IRL events as the Push Protocol Campus Tour, or attended hackathons, and also hosted online hackathons (Graph-A-Thon) and initiatives in cooperation with DappLooker to bootstrap our GraphGuru local workshops in major Indian universities.

In our Team we have:
@0x_yasshhh
@Megabyte
@architmehta
@0xpranav

Thanks Naruto for your Question.

Will soon reply to all your Queries.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. Just to shed some light here, this initiative is mainly a celebration of the third anniversary of the launch of The Graph decentralized network.
The Graph Foundation will host two events while our local communities around the world have been asked to propose their own projects.

In a nutshell, this will be a worldwide series of events with the main goal of celebrating the key milestones of The Graph, while at the same time update our guests on the latest roadmap, network with people, and have fun!

1 Like

Hello @Charchit_Web3, All,
The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 7th (Tuesday) at 10:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!
See you soon!

Hi Paolo,

The initiative is great and that is not a problem. There should be a celebration after all the hard work of people who make The Graph better everyday.

The concern is such a high fee for an event. IMHO, The $4900 could be reduced to as low as $2000 while providing the best of hospitality and food.

The Graph India community has launched a great initiative in India, fostering excitement and a willingness to offer assistance in any way possible.

1 Like

Greetings! Thanks for applying the Grant here, And I already checked all the docs here, this is really a great event and initiative. But I still have some questions:

1: How many attendees you projected will join this event, and they are all web3 devs or?

2: The cost seems a little high, is there a detailed breakdown or something can clarify it

I think we’d better onboard more technical devs to join and build this Ecosystem better

We are Expecting 100 folks to join the Party. Most of them going to be Web3 devs. Since we are going to filter them from Lu.ma registrations.

This may seems high but we have to comply with MOQ (Minimum order quantity) of the Vendor for swags and gift hamper. Since The Graph India is going to stay for a long term project. we will be utilizing swags for 2024.

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope

• Arrange the Graph Birthday Party in New Delhi on Dec, 17th
  • Deliverables

• We propose to organize a grand celebration to commemorate the third anniversary of the official launch of The Graph decentralized network on December 17, 2023 in New Delhi, the capital of India.

• While celebrating this important milestone, we also plan to identify potential high quality advocates, and increase our social presence (Graph India social channels).

• Strengthen The Graph presence in India, by continuing a team effort that began last July with the establishment of Graph India.

• Total Grant Amount

• USD Value: 4,950 USD

• Token: 49,997.3271 GRT

• Token Amount: GRT

• Disbursement Schedule

• Initial Funding: 100%
  • Receiving ETH Address:

• 0xd3D9eAe9e730b686aA29f06963680F2AD7Cd7741

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

2 Likes

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved full funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members that have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labors of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be set forth in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.

2 Likes

Greetings! @Charchit_Web3

Please don’t forget to share your results with the community and DAO. In the future we are planning to create some social posts to highlight your work, so we need information and materials!

Thanks!

GM Sorry for the Delay in response:

We facilitated an environment for new individuals to work within our ecosystem, accompanied by celebrations. One of our community members even started working as an intern in our ecosystem, specifically as a Growth Intern at Dapplooker. Slowly but surely, I am observing more people who want to join our ecosystem to learn about The Graph and meaningful networking.

Our Agenda

Agenda ​
6:00pm - 6:30 PM: Registration & picking up the swag that we’ll be giving out! ​
6:30 - 6:50 PM: Welcome Speech & Toast:

​​Shoutout to our partners:

The Graph: https://thegraph.com/
AdvocatesDAO: https://www.graphadvocates.com/
Dapplooker: https://dapplooker.com/

6:50 - 7:10 PM: Presentation about The Graph Roadmap and its milestones - Charchit kumawat

7:10 - 7:30 PM: Dapplooker & Web3 Analytics - Harsh Rajput

7:30 - 7:50 PM - MegaByte

7:50 - 8:10 PM: Networking & Party ​

9:00 PM: Closing (not a hard deadline, stick around if you want lol :partying_face:

Tweets:
https://twitter.com/Charchit_WEB3/status/1736744646942896453/video/1
https://twitter.com/Charchit_WEB3/status/1736772340544164286
https://x.com/megabyte0x/status/1736372738212671956?s=20

2 Likes