Grant Proposal: Graph Birthday Party 2023 in Chengdu

Grant ID: 8686ffp0a

Summary:

Speech on the Graph ecosystem; Speech on Pinax; Web3 developers show how to use Graph in their projects; Social and have fun.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
We will celebrate the third anniversary of Graph Network on December 17th in city Chengdu with Pinax team.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1uLyKqVhhN9SDd7xVWL0Oz8PcDv79eaN7

How far along are you?:
We have already built a Graph community in Chengdu. I have already coordinated with the Pinax team, local Graph Advocates and local web3 developers to ensure the success of this event.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
We have already organised a local Graph meetup in Chengdu this Oct with Pinax team. The event is a big success, 50 people attended our event. Another university and some web3 developers are demanding us to speak more about Graph in Chengdu.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
To celebrate Graph birthday with its ecosystem partner Pinax, web3 developers and web3 enthusiast in a new Graph community.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:

• Graph and Pinax work more closely
  • More web3 developers started to use Graph
  • More Graph advocate enrolled.

How will you measure success?:
Our target audience is expected to be 100-120 other than that our event will be measured through key indicators:
-Attendance and Engagement
-Feedback and Satisfaction
-Onboarding new web3 developers using Graph
-Onboarding new advocates

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:

• Finalize venue selection
  • Finalize the list of partners to collaborate with
  • Distribute community invitations and make announcements
  • Complete slide deck for presentation

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:

• Venue rental: ~$1000
  • Swag item and gift: ~$1200
  • Food and Beverage: ~$1000
  • Travel Expense: ~$500
  • Miscellaneous Expenses: ~$200

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
N/A

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
-I am an active Graph advocate
-I translated all the Graph website into Chinese
-I represented Graph in the Wanxiang HongKong web3 festival and Shanghai festival
-I built a Graph local community in Chengdu

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
Enjoy the moment when I was wandering with my Graph T-shirt. The web3 developers will come to me and discuss on how to use Graph in their Dapp.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Greetings!

It’s awesome to see, new and new proposals on the Forum, but I want to clarify some questions:

• Can you provide more details on how you plan to measure attendee engagement and satisfaction?
  • What strategies do you have in place for promoting the event to ensure you reach your target audience of 100-120 attendees?
  • Could you elaborate on the selection process for the venue and how it aligns with the event’s goals?
  • What specific activities or sessions are planned to encourage the onboarding of new web3 developers and advocates for Graph?

Thank you!

1 Like

I am pretty confident in organizing our birthday party in Dec after our meetup last month in Chengdu. Another local university and one web3 company actually invites us to share more on Graph and Pinax, we will invite all people come to our party.
-Audience. Web3 developers in Chengdu(20), Pinax Team(10),Students from Chengdu University of IT(40), Students from Sichuan University(40).
-Schedule. 1. Graph ecosystem update; 2.Pinax Update; 3. How to use graph in Dapp; 4 Q&A; 5 Social and Lucky Draw.
-Attendee Engagement: Q&A ,Social and Lucky Draw
-Venue. We will find a place can accomodate 100+ person and we can use to put on our decroation for our party.
-Specific sessions. We will invite the developers who are now using Graph in their Dapp to share.

Thanks for taking this proposal to the Forum, your contribution is really valuable to the Ecosystem, I have a few questions here after checked all your info.

1: Do you have more detailed breakdown for the budget, seems $1200 for Swag is too much.

2: Is there a PDF that you will use for the birthday events presentation, and how you will onboard more devs.

1 Swag and gift together. $1200. quite comparable with other proposal I think. We will also take a look what other proposals will buy as gift.
2 We plan to invite devs from Chengdu local developer to join and share at our event. Birthday events presentation, We will also take a look how other proposals will share. Thus we can make sure our event reach to a global standard.

Hi @doxe01.eth @andreea_cia @Mr.1776 , I just felt obliged to organize such a birthday party for Graph. If it is not that necessary for now, I can centainly cancel my proposal. Could you pls just dropped me something? Thx!

Greetings!

It depends on you, like if you really want to do it, we can go ahead and make a presentation, so you can show all the things to grant committee. And we will decide to proceed, it or no. But yeah, if you want to cancel the grant due to any factor or obstacle for you, we admit your decision and in no way will judge you or any like that.

Thank you!!

I still want to make it happen. As a devoted Graph Advocate, how I can miss a chance to celebrate the birthday party for Graph? Haha~~

1 Like

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 28th at 22:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

Greetings!

The proposal was closed due to lack of timing to arrange this specific event as there is a strict time constraint.

We have sent you a more detailed explanation in a separate email. We want also to thank you for your submission, and we look forward to continuing working with you for future contributions.

It’ a Greate application for Graph Birthday party 2023

What an inspiring project!