Grant Proposal: Graph Advocates Spotlight / Graph Advocates Weekly newsletter

Grant ID: 86865m6c0

Summary:

The Graph Advocates Weekly will be a continuation of the current “Graph Advocates Spotlight” newsletter. The Spotlight is a weekly newsletter published in various social media platforms that has had historically had two core objectives.

The primary objective of the Spotlight has been to showcase Graph Advocates who choose to participate by highlighting their interests and accomplishments both inside and outside of their role as an Advocate. My hope is that showcasing the Advocates publicly has provided them with positive non-financial value by increasing their social network and receiving much deserved recognition for their contributions. I also hope it has fostered connections and conversations amongst Advocates who may not have known they share similar passions.

The second objective of the Spotlight has been to enable anyone to stay up to date on all the significant news, events, and data in The Graph Ecoystem each week, just by taking 10-12 minutes to read the “Community Roundup”, “Advocate Events”, and “Data Depot” sections of the newsletter.

Currently, there have been #55 issues of The Graph Advocates Spotlight and over the course of the last year it seems nearly every Advocate that wants to be showcased has done so. Which I think is a sign that the primary objective of the newsletter has been accomplished as much as it can be through this project.

With that in mind, my hope is to steer the newsletter in a slightly new direction to focus almost exlusively on what was formerly the secondary goal: Providing a resource for all Graph community members (but especially Advocates) to stay up to date on all the latest news, content, community grants, contributions, and job openings in The Graph ecosystem on a weekly basis. With that change in objectives, I’d like to rebrand the newsletter to the “Graph Advocates Weekly”.

The goal is to continue to leverage the existing Community Roundup, Advocate Events, Data Depot, and Contributions Dashboard sections to successfully meet that objective. I’d also expand the newsletter to include a new segment on community grant applications and developments in their status as they proceed through the evaluation period (community voting, presentations, etc.) to increase the awareness and engagement that Advocates and Community members have on the Forum and voting on grants, because I think there is room for improvement in that area.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

Describe what your project does or is aiming to do in 50 characters or less:
The goal of the Graph Advocates Weekly newsletter will be to provide Advocates and Graph community members with an accessible resource of all the latest news, content, job openings, community grants, and contributions in the Graph ecosystem on a weekly basis.

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://x.com/KyleLaRue11/status/1711098085923815806?s=20

How far along are you?:
I fully completed the previous grant awarded to me by the Graph AdvocatesDAO for the Graph Advocates Spotlight and have published 55 issues thus far.

Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you’re making?:
I think this project has found a fair amount of traction, use, and enjoyment within the community over the last 15 months and I really hope that continues to be the case.

What’s new about what you’re making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn’t exist yet (or they don’t know about it)?:
I don’t think this would be considered a new project. Its mostly a continuation and improvement on an existing resource and project.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
I really hope to provide Advocates with a convenient, useful way to absorb and share all the latest information in the Graph Ecosystem so they can advocate to the best of their abilities.

How will you measure success?:
My goals are to:

• Publish the newsletter weekly on Twitter (X), Farcaster, Graph Telegram Communities, Graph Discord Communities, The Forum, and any other appropriate venue
  • Provide Text Translators w/ a copy of the newsletter for translating for those interested
  • Store all issues (English and translations) in the existing Graph Advocates Spotlight web3 archive on ChainSafe
  • Maintain and hopefully increase engagement and views on all social channels

What milestones will you achieve in the coming weeks/months, with or without the grant?:
Publish 52 newsletters over the next year.
Find new and appropriate channels to publish the newsletter to on Farcaster.
Create, Publish, and iterate new Community Grants section of the newsletter.

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Delegators, Subgraph Developers, Other

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
$155.88 ($12.99/mo) for Canva Pro (the platform the newsletter is created on)

$10,530 (4.5 Hours per issue x $45/hr x 52 weeks)

Total: $10,685.88

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
N/A

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’m a previous Graph AdvocatesDAO community grantee, Graph Advocate, Graph AdvocatesDAO member, and active user of crypto.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I am passionate about The Graph’s mission, protocol, and community. As a non-technical person this newsletter is one of the best ways I’ve found I can contribute to the community.

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Individual

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Kyle has been doing great with the weekly Advocate Spotlight newsletters till now so i will be definitely voting in the favour of this proposal!

1 Like

Kyle has been doing a great job with the Advocates Spotlight. Definitely in support of this grant!

LGF @Mr.1776 :saluting_face:

1 Like

Greetings!

Yes I agree, the work that has been done in the past is quite extensive and provides some value to the community and to the development of the ecosystem as well.

Since there are new suggestions and changes, I would like to ask a few questions:

• How will the success metrics of this project be tracked and shared with the community?
  • Are there any plans for expanding the reach of the newsletter to a broader audience beyond the current platforms?
  • Is there a plan for promoting the newsletter to increase its visibility and reach within and outside the Graph community?
  • Are there other potential expenses that have not been included in the budget?
  • How does the proposal align with The Graph’s mission and the broader vision of web3?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @asadus16 @0x_yasshhh and @doxe01.eth for the kind words and support. It means a lot! :raised_hands::pray:t2:

Doxe, to answer your questions:

• How will the success metrics of this project be tracked and shared with the community?

In the application I wrote the following as the success metrics:

• Publish the newsletter weekly on Twitter (X), Farcaster, Graph Telegram Communities, Graph Discord Communities, The Forum, and any other appropriate venue
  • Provide Text Translators w/ a copy of the newsletter for translating for those interested
  • Store all issues (English and translations) in the existing Graph Advocates Spotlight web3 archive on ChainSafe
  • Maintain and hopefully increase engagement and views on all social channels

I listed those because they are largely in my control. But if I were to add a stretch goal outside of my control I would add this:

Over the last year, the newsletter generated the third most “Nice Shares” out of anyone in the Graph Forum. That means the links posted in the newsletter were the 3rd most popular/used resource for getting folks to the Forum. I take pride in that and would like to replicate that same level of success and engagement to the Advocates Forum for community grants voting and feedback.

• Are there any plans for expanding the reach of the newsletter to a broader audience beyond the current platforms?

I would love that! The platforms I listed are the ones I’ve seen the most success on but if anyone has additional platforms that they’d recommend I’m more than happy to review and incorporate them.

• Is there a plan for promoting the newsletter to increase its visibility and reach within and outside the Graph community?

I thought about adding a Twitter blue and Twitter promotion of the newsletter to this application but I didn’t know if that was appropriate. I’d be happy to do so if it is appropriate, because I do think it would expand the visibility and reach of the project.

• Are there other potential expenses that have not been included in the budget?

Not currently. But there would be if the Twitter blue and promotion was included as mentioned above.

• How does the proposal align with The Graph’s mission and the broader vision of web3?

I believe the project is aligned with The Graph’s and web3 mission because it’s focused on being a useful and free resource/public good for The Graph community, equips Advocates with all the latest Graph news and data, and increases awareness of, and engagement with, The Graph AdvocatesDAO.

1 Like

That sounds like a valuable project with a clear purpose. Also, with the Advocates Spotlight, Kyle has been performing admirably.

1 Like

the consistency of the spotlight/newsletter is extremely commendable

it’s also an invaluable resource for all members of the community, new advocates especially

1 Like

Thanks @pranavkonde and @temitopeohassan ! :raised_hands:

I have seen the excellent work done by @Mr.1776 and I fully support this new proposal.

1 Like

Thank you Lorena!! :pray:t2::pray:t2:

Incredibly useful resource to The Graph Community; fully in support of this.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and support @bossbravo :raised_hands::handshake::saluting_face:

Greetings!

The presentation of the project will be in the public-voice-chat channel on the Graph AdvocatesDAO Discord server on November 7th at 22:00 UTC. Entrance is open and everyone is welcome to come in and ask their questions during the presentation!

Thanks everyone for your attention!

1 Like

Congratulations! The majority decision of the Grant Committee has concluded to recommend this proposal to the DAO.

In order to receive official approval from the DAO, a corresponding on-chain vote needs to be conducted on DAOHaus that will determine the DAO decision. A member of the Grant Committee will reach out to you via email with instructions on next steps in order to prepare for the on-chain funding proposal, which requires prior completion of KYC and consent to the Grant Agreement.

Thank you for all your effort to present a strong proposal aiming to grow The Graph and web3 ecosystem!

1 Like

Thanks a ton to everyone who voted and provided feedback!

3 Likes

I hereby agree to this grant agreement of the Graph AdvocatesDAO with the GitHub commit-hash 3858eb9315ef3a0a93d0701961ffbc2a57d45205. That document forms the legal agreement of the proposed grant with the following terms:

• Scope
    • The Graph Advocates Weekly will be a continuation of the “Graph Advocates Spotlight” newsletter, focusing on providing Graph community members with the latest news, content, job openings, community grants, and contributions in the Graph ecosystem on a weekly basis.
  • Deliverable
    • Publish 52 newsletters over the next year.
    • Expand the newsletter to include new segments on community grant applications.
    • Maintain and increase engagement and views on all social channels.
    • Store all issues in the existing Graph Advocates Spotlight web3 archive on ChainSafe.
  • Total Grant Amount
    • USD Value: 10,685.88 USD
    • Token: GRT
    • Token Amount: 112483 GRT
  • Disbursement Schedule:
    • Initial Funding: 50%
    • Upon Completion: 50%
  • Term Length
    • Start Date: October 1, 2023
    • End Date: September 30, 2024
  • Receiving ETH Address: 0x725d73327A4bB1Ba9B4223aDCCA69A504581c8D0

I understand that the agreement will only be executed upon a successful completion of a corresponding on-chain vote by the Graph AdvocatesDAO. I also understand that the grant will be disbursed on Gnosis Chain.

@doxe01.eth

Hello Kyle,

The Graph AdvocatesDAO has approved the initial funding of this grant proposal! Thanks to all community members who have been engaged throughout this process and providing feedback.

To the grant recipient:

The DAO is looking forward to hearing about your success! Following completion of your grant, please write a confirmation post as a response to this thread. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for the DAO to initiate the final funding amount in a future on-chain proposal. Providing links, docs and images of your completed grant will also help the DAO determine how to best promote the labours of your hard work. Good luck!

For more information on how to withdraw your grant, please review the following documentation here.

Please note, that the total amount of the grant shall be outlined in the Grant and is stated in U.S. Dollars and are payable in GRT. The USD-GRT conversion rate (the “Conversion Rate”) provided to the Grant Recipient will be the monthly Conversion Rate determined by the AdvocatesDAO.

For further information, please refer to the Grant Agreement, here.