What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Project (one-off)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Regional Community

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Curators, Delegators, Indexers, Subgraph Developers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
The funding will cover the organization and running of the hackathon. Subgraph bounties will be extra.

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
No

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
As an annual event it will be a catch all for all the subraphs that are talked about and suggested through the year. It will also be a great opportunity to pull new developers into the ecosystem

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
I’ve been in developer relations/community building for the last eight years. I’ve thrown multiple developer conferences and hackathons.

This type of work is in my blood. Timeboxing very specific asks like this is a great way to give people a way into the Graph ecosystem.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
I’ve been a developer relations professional in web3 for 5 years. I founded a company in 2017 that was an NFT Metaverse game, a few years too soon I know.

I’ve been working with developers in web3 since before the graph existed, and the conversation was all about “pure” dapps vs hybrid data indexing.

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
I’m impressed with how far the graph has come. I’ve always wanted to get more involved and this seems like a great way to get my feet wet.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi! Thank you for your submission! In reviewing it in detail, I had a few questions:

1. Can you go into more detail about how you plan to implement the requested grant amount? Since from what you’ve provided, pretty much nothing is clear.

2. Tell me more about your experience, having looked through your profile, I alas did not find an answer to this question.

3. You have indicated that you are going to hold it for a regional community, can you tell me more about this? Where are you planning to hold it, who to invite and stuff like that?

Thanks in advance for the answers to the above questions. If we talk about the application in general, it is rather poorly written on all sides, I hope the answers will clarify this.

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the application.
In addition of @doxe01.eth question could you inform:
1.- Where will the event be held?
2.- A breakdown of expenses. Including fees and prizes to be awarded.
3.- How is the organizing team made up and what experience do you have in hackathons?
4.- What platform do you plan to use for the hackathon?
5.- How many hackers do you expect to participate?
6.- What categories, prizes, rules do you have in mind?
7.- Do you have think in a hackathon exclusively for The Graph or for additional protocols or blockchains?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.