Grant Proposal: Grant Community Education: Graph Developer Program

Grant ID: 3t3bn1e

Summary:

Develop a Graph Developer Program that provides the technical basis, through Spanish educational resources and enable the Graph network learning, such as: tutorials, workshops, specialized courses. Also by onboarding web2 developers to start creating web3 use cases in Latin America.

I have read and agree to the privacy policy:
true

If available, please enter a link to your project below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WS7X0zeCbQrS4mux9Y1FjrQFSkXl02Ra/view?usp=share_link

Are you applying as a team or individual?:
Team

What type of grant are you pursuing?:
Long-term (continuous)

Please select the category your project best fits into:
Education

Please select who you think will benefit from your project?:
Subgraph Developers, Delegators, Other, Indexers

How much funding are you looking for? (USD):

Provide a breakdown of your requested funding:
-Free Twitter Spaces, Workshop/Masterclass about The Graph (1 hour).
-Free Open Course for Developers (3 hours)… $6,000 USD
Preparation of Educational Material in Spanish
Record and editing of the course
Available in our platform for free

-Promotion of activities and announcements in social networks and communities. …$2,000 USD
Spanish translation of educational material (up to 5 documents)
Share ads (until the end of 2022)
Incorporation in the partners section of our website

-Platform video review for YouTube channel and blogpost …$2,000 USD

-Schedule of 3 technical workshops for The Graph (as a continuation of the course)… $5,000
We provide the instructor and material
Open and free to all
Available on our website

-Exclusive website for The Graph in our platform…$1,000

Total Budget: $15,000

Have you applied for (or already received) funding from somewhere else?:
Yes

If yes, please describe where you’ve received funding from and how much you have, or will, receive:
Removed at the request of the participant who submitted the grant.

What’s your vision for how your project will impact The Graph and/or web3?:
Our vision is to onboard new developers and provide technical tools to develop solutions on the Graph.
Enabling access to Spanish content resources through an educational methodology. Educate and raise awareness of the graph in the Spanish-speaking ecosystem. Motivate and onboard more Web2 developers to start building on the Web3.

What can you share about any past work that is relevant to this grant?:
We have collaborated with these blockchain protocols:

Avalanche:
We have created educational content focused on New Users and devs. Including initiatives such as Bootcamps to onboard and create community.
Celo:
We have created an Incubation Business Program, the 1st cohort included 6 projects from LATAM, as well as educational content
Algorand:
We have created educational content focused on New Users and devs. Including initiatives such as Bootcamps to onboard and create community.
Conflux:
We have created educational content. such as webinars, workshops, and specialized courses.

Can you share any information about current/past web3 experience?:
These videos are part of an Algorand course (Links are included into Deck)

Consensus algorithms and p2p networks

Cryptography and Digital Signatures

Cryptocurrencies, tokens and Smart Contracts

Why are you interested in contributing to The Graph and/or web3?:
We want to help solve the lack of web3 developers in Latin America by onboarding web2 developers, so they can acquire technical skills and also know how to implement The Graph features and integrate them into Dapp development. Thus access to educational resources will enhance the use of The Graph features.

Primary Community Poll

Do you fundamentally support this grant application, knowing that the final scope and grant amount may differ from the requested proposal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Grant Committee Vote

Do you recommend this grant to the DAO?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Hi!

Glad you decided to apply for the grant. In the process of reviewing your application, I had a few questions though:

1/ At this stage, there are quite a large number of courses, which at the same time are in a general language – English. It would be nice to hear what the advantages will show exactly your course.

To my words, I add some examples of courses:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2zm06wZV0EwMEGBD48fGbaFKPPcCdZT/view

2/ I would like to hear in more detail about how you are going to implement the grant money. For an example, here’s this point.

I would like you to tell me in more detail what it will include. Will it just be an overview of the Graph project or will it be more technical, for example creating a Subgraph. Below is shown, the other items I would like to hear in more detail:

3/ Have you discussed your idea with the Spanish community, which already exists at the moment? And do you plan to add the work of advocates to your course?

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and questions, we are also excited about applying for this grant, I will be answering each one of your questions:

1/ At this stage, there are quite a large number of courses, which at the same time are in a general language – English. It would be nice to hear what the advantages will show exactly your course.

Even if there is a large number of courses in English, an advantage we will offer to participants is to facilitate learning in Spanish. Another benefit they will have is to apply knowledge by encouraging the development of dApps, as a deliverable at the end of the program. These deliverables will be published into a particular site within the platform where projects will be uploaded and receive continuous feedback from the community, this initiative has two objectives: 1) to encourage participants to apply what they have learned by presenting in a Demo Day and obtain a certificate 2) to contribute creating community by interacting and discussing about their projects.

2/ I would like to hear in more detail about how you are going to implement the grant money. For example, here’s this point. (Free Open Course for Developers (3 hours)) I would like you to tell me in more detail what it will include. Will it just be an overview of the Graph project or will it be more technical, for example creating a Subgraph? Below is shown, the other items I would like to hear in more detail:

Even if the purpose is to onboard web2 devs into web3, these 3 Spanish courses will focus in:

1. Introductory Level (Introduction to The Graph and its ecosystem)

2. Intermediary Level (Creating a subgraph)

3. Advanced Level (Use cases development by implementing a Subgraph, and deliverable for Demo Day).

Spanish translation of educational material (up to 5 documents)

The purpose of this task is to help create and increase educational resources in Spanish such as tutorials, and stuff related to enabling learning. We look forward to creating this content in collaboration with the advocate’s team support.

Schedule 3 technical workshops for The Graph (as a continuation of the course)

These technical workshops will provide a deeper understanding of The Graph tools and features, once these new developers have learned and understood how it works. These courses are focused on web3 developers, curators, and potential delegators.

3/ Have you discussed your idea with the Spanish community, which already exists at the moment? And do you plan to add the work of advocates to your course?
We are just currently participating in Telegram’s community as members we have not discussed yet, but we think their feedback and comments will be crucial for the Technical Workshops we are looking to launch. We definitely are considering the participation of advocates in the program because of the value they add, as well as the knowledge they have about The Graph’s Ecosystem.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you for the answers!

Thanks for your questions :smiley:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your community grant application. In addition to @doxe01.eth 's opening questions, I am wondering if you can please describe exactly what would be included in these two items:

• “Platform video review for YouTube channel and blogpost”
  • “Exclusive website for The Graph in our platform”

Thanks again! I’m looking forward to your responses.

Hello Mr. 1776,

Thank you for your questions, these are the answers:

1. Platform video review for YouTube channel and blogpost”
    We have a Youtube channel where we can make a review previous to the webinars we offer, as well as a webinar with some members of The Graph Spanish community. You can review our site here. https://www.youtube.com/c/SomosColledge

2. “Exclusive website for The Graph in our platform”
    The exclusive website is a special section in our website where the community will find resources and upload projects that will work as “deliverables” at the end of the program to have access to certification. Also, this site will provide metrics to measure the impact of this program. An example will be https://www.colledge.social/thegraph (this site is just an example and it’s under construction).

Please feel free to ask :smiley:

Unfortunately, this grant proposal did not generate the level of support in the community to move it to the next phase of the grant application process.

Thank you for submitting this proposal and you are encouraged to stay engaged in the Graph community. You are also welcome to submit new grant applications in the future with proposals that may generate stronger community support.

1 Like

Hi doxe01.eth, is there any chance to promote it in the community? We think that this could be great educational material for the Hispanic community. There is a lot work to do in Latin America :slight_smile: with education.

Hi @cristpereirag what would you like to do?
What is your idea?

Hi Lorena, thanks for the question. Our main focus is to deliver tools and technical knowledge to Latin American developers in Spanish, with the objective that this knowledge will allow them to undertake their use cases, to be employed in companies that are building web 3 use cases, or to create more educational content by becoming researchers.

The proposal we propose to The Graph is along the same lines, through the collaborations we are creating with various communities and universities in different countries in the region such as Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, and Argentina, to name a few.

We would perhaps like to have some instances where the foundation can be explained in more detail before simply not recommending us because of the little interaction of the proposal.

We totally encourage to accept the proposal deom @AlePM and @cristpereirag, no brainer.

Hi! Thanks for that!!.. we are going to present a new proposal, we are working on it! Thanks for the support